I took banned drug: Watson

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: I took banned drug: Watson

The booing/treatment of Watson can be seen as FRUSTRATION with the AFL as much as anything else. I can't think of any other sport in the WORLD where a self-confessed DRUG CHEAT (in the eyes of the ASADA/WADA) is allowed to continue to participate in his chosen sport. The booing was possibly directed at the AFL and the ASADA/AFL investigation taking as long as it has (The booing of Watson only serves to magnify this). I can see how an agreement was reached between ASADA and the AFL to let the investigation run its FULL COURSE prior to taking any action BUT the Watson admission changes all that. I know that Demetriou is away on holidays BUT the integrity of the AFL COMPETITION is going down hill at a great rate of knots while they sit back and do NOTHING !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I thought it was telling at the presser, when Hird was asked "can you satisfy all three authorities in WADA Asada and the afl"

Hird answered "the afl is our governing body"

I was actually not sceptical of any brand protection taking place until I heard that.

EFC believe the afl is going to save them.

markp
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:I thought it was telling at the presser, when Hird was asked "can you satisfy all three authorities in WADA Asada and the afl"

I was actually not sceptical of any brand protection taking place until I heard that.

Smug jerks... the game is haemorrhaging credibility at the moment because of their reckless and deceitful actions.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Enrico_Misso wrote:
Buckets wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

You are a pathetic racist. How is your stupid odds of winning a GF going? Very dumb man or woman.

Racist???? Where the hell did you pluck that one from?
Haa - that's why I have him on "block"

But it is a disgrace - potentially the biggest crisis in AFL history and The Chief is missing - on holidays!!!!!

You are racist and Buckets surely calling a greek a greaseball proves it or are you that naive? I dont have you on block Enrico because your posts are either funny or racist. I like a laugh and I hat rascism so I need to read them. What they arent is insightful.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:The booing/treatment of Watson can be seen as FRUSTRATION with the AFL as much as anything else. I can't think of any other sport in the WORLD where a self-confessed DRUG CHEAT (in the eyes of the ASADA/WADA) is allowed to continue to participate in his chosen sport. The booing was possibly directed at the AFL and the ASADA/AFL investigation taking as long as it has (The booing of Watson only serves to magnify this). I can see how an agreement was reached between ASADA and the AFL to let the investigation run its FULL COURSE prior to taking any action BUT the Watson admission changes all that. I know that Demetriou is away on holidays BUT the integrity of the AFL COMPETITION is going down hill at a great rate of knots while they sit back and do NOTHING !!

The tour last year is one example. Probably many others but couldnt be bothered looking. i still cant beleive people only want watson out. Are people that naive that they think that what Watson said Monday was the first time ASADA knew he cheated. Others would have told ASADA the exact smae thing so surely if watson goes all the others go as well. Again I say if it that clear cut why havent ASADA said they must be stood down now because all the facts show they cheated even if unknowingly.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Plugger, they haven't been stood down because they haven't been charged yet....the investigation isn't finalised. I suspect all will be charged at the same time seeing as its team doping not individual doping being investigated.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:Plugger, they haven't been stood down because they haven't been charged yet....the investigation isn't finalised. I suspect all will be charged at the same time seeing as its team doping not individual doping being investigated.

But its an open and shut case. Everyone says so. Charge them and stand them down.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:
SainterK wrote:I thought it was telling at the presser, when Hird was asked "can you satisfy all three authorities in WADA Asada and the afl"

Smug jerks... the game is haemorrhaging credibility at the moment because of their reckless and deceitful actions.
Maybe he's not smug at all, could just be that all those Botox jabs have rendered him emotionless...?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

the press.....read scum journos......have been screaming for watson to be stood down....then are outraged by a bit of booing....spare me ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Old Mate wrote:Plugger, they haven't been stood down because they haven't been charged yet....the investigation isn't finalised. I suspect all will be charged at the same time seeing as its team doping not individual doping being investigated.

But its an open and shut case. Everyone says so. Charge them and stand them down.
Yes it is an open and shut case IMO. Jobe admitting to using AOD is just further evidence of that. Just because he's admitted to using AOD doesn't mean the investigation against him is finalised and therefor immediately charged....it's just corroborating evidence. Weren't you are cop?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:the press.....read scum journos......have been screaming for watson to be stood down....then are outraged by a bit of booing....spare me ffs...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Red scum journos. What about pretend lawyers? roll roll old man

spert
Saintsational Legend

The booing will get worse if the AFL doesn't at least advise Essendon to stand Watson and Hird down "indefinately" until investigations are complete..it is bringing the game into disrepute.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Yes it is an open and shut case IMO. Jobe admitting to using AOD is just further evidence of that. Just because he's admitted to using AOD doesn't mean the investigation against him is finalised and therefor immediately charged....it's just corroborating evidence. Weren't you are cop?

A cop? Surely you arent drinking this early. Thats more my style. There is no doubt some Essendon players admitted using. And nearly everyone here says they cant get off so lets charge them. I still dont understand the confidence of everyone at Essendon. maybe they have actually been involved in the case.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Eastern wrote:The booing/treatment of Watson can be seen as FRUSTRATION with the AFL as much as anything else. I can't think of any other sport in the WORLD where a self-confessed DRUG CHEAT (in the eyes of the ASADA/WADA) is allowed to continue to participate in his chosen sport. The booing was possibly directed at the AFL and the ASADA/AFL investigation taking as long as it has (The booing of Watson only serves to magnify this). I can see how an agreement was reached between ASADA and the AFL to let the investigation run its FULL COURSE prior to taking any action BUT the Watson admission changes all that. I know that Demetriou is away on holidays BUT the integrity of the AFL COMPETITION is going down hill at a great rate of knots while they sit back and do NOTHING !!

The tour last year is one example. Probably many others but couldnt be bothered looking. i still cant beleive people only want watson out. Are people that naive that they think that what Watson said Monday was the first time ASADA knew he cheated. Others would have told ASADA the exact smae thing so surely if watson goes all the others go as well. Again I say if it that clear cut why havent ASADA said they must be stood down now because all the facts show they cheated even if unknowingly.
The BIG difference is that Watson has admitted it PUBLICLY. Perception is a POWERFUL emotion and footy fans want INSTANT JUSTICE. Watson named himself, no-one else has. The WADA/ASADA people have said that an admission is THE SAME AS AN "A" SAMPLE. That makes his case just that little bit different than any of the other Essendon players right now. I agree with many people who are suggesting that the SILENCE coming out of the AFL right now is showing a distinct lack of leadership !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

The BIG difference is that Watson has admitted it PUBLICLY. Perception is a POWERFUL emotion and footy fans want INSTANT JUSTICE. Watson named himself, no-one else has. The WADA/ASADA people have said that an admission is THE SAME AS AN "A" SAMPLE. That makes his case just that little bit different than any of the other Essendon players right now. I agree with many people who are suggesting that the SILENCE coming out of the AFL right now is showing a distinct lack of leadership !!

ASADA would have known he had used that stuff weeks ago and also other players. Where in the rules does it change the charge because it is admitted publicly? And I arent having a go at fans booing. Who cares about that. They pay they can do what they like.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Not the rules BUT the agreement between the AFL & ASADA that investigation would run its course prior to any sanctions. I would suggest that NEITHER the AFL or ASADA (or Essendon) would have factored in the admission that came out on Monday. That, in my opinion makes Watson's case just that little bit different. I would also like to see Watson receive a slightly reduced sanction (if Guilty) for being so honest. I can't comment on any other players because I simply don't know what they said when interviewed !!

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
A cop? Surely you arent drinking this early. Thats more my style. There is no doubt some Essendon players admitted using. And nearly everyone here says they cant get off so lets charge them. I still dont understand the confidence of everyone at Essendon. maybe they have actually been involved in the case.
Whilst it's not completely uncommon for me to have a drink this early I'm of clear mind and sober at the moment. I'm sure I read that you were an ex-cop. I must be getting confused with someone else.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's my belief that the club and players will all be charged at the same time once the investigation is finalised. It's not a simple matter and one of the most complex doping investigations we've seen. We are talking about up to 50 people involved, which includes players and staff.

It's my opinion that Essendon are confident because they need to be, not only for public perception but also for their defence which is along the lines of AOD isn't banned therefor we've done nothing wrong (even know WADA have publicly stated that it is banned under S0). It's the same as a criminal investigation. Do you think guilty criminals who plea not guilty are actually not guilty and publicly say they are guilty....? It's naive to think just because the Bombers are (as you say) involved in the case and are saying they've done nothing wrong that they actually have done nothing wrong.

happy feet
Club Player

Why do the commentators stick up for the Bombers? They make $$ from the game that why

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote: 2. The bombers are a bunch of cheating scumbags BUT ASADA are so incompetent that they made an error and told the bombers aod 9604 was ok when it wasn't in which case the bombers have to get off.
This is it isn't it?

ASADA advised Dank/Essendon wrongly, therefor they won't be found guilty of any wrongdoing... that's what all those smug faces are saying isn't it?

The problem is, even if ASADA gave the wrong info, a team has taken banned substances... If they go on to win a flag or brownlow (oops), the whole comp will look ridiculous.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Old Mate wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Whilst it's not completely uncommon for me to have a drink this early I'm of clear mind and sober at the moment. I'm sure I read that you were an ex-cop. I must be getting confused with someone else.

Like I said in an earlier post, it's my belief that the club and players will all be charged at the same time once the investigation is finalised. It's not a simple matter and one of the most complex doping investigations we've seen. We are talking about up to 50 people involved, which includes players and staff.

It's my opinion that Essendon are confident because they need to be, not only for public perception but also for their defence which is along the lines of AOD isn't banned therefor we've done nothing wrong (even know WADA have publicly stated that it is banned under S0). It's the same as a criminal investigation. Do you think guilty criminals who plea not guilty are actually not guilty and publicly say they are guilty....? It's naive to think just because the Bombers are (as you say) involved in the case and are saying they've done nothing wrong that they actually have done nothing wrong.

Yes i know they need to be confident in front of ASADA and the AFL but why show it in public. That isnt going to help one little bit. ASADA arent some little 2 bit operation that will clear them because Essendon tell the public they did nothing wrong. i have said this before and I will say it again. If i was an Essendon supporter and heard them speak I would be very upset when they are found guilty because of the confidence they have shown over the last few months. Surely if there was so much eveidence of guilt they should be getting their supporters used to the idea they maybe in trouble. And I dont mean saying we are guilty but just showing less confidence in public. And i have never thought that because Essendon say they are not guilty then they are not guilty. All along I have said what ever the result Essendon as a club must get a huge penality even if found not guilty due to the pathetic governance of the whoul issue.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Plugger66 please name the other Essendon footballers who have PUBLICLY stated they took AOD 9604 when it is an S0 category prohibited substance?

Can you name any other sport with credibility that allows one of their participants to admit to taking a WADA banned substance in competition and allow them to continue playing in their sport?

Please answer both questions.

Because I really cont understand your confusion.

The Watson case is different to the Essendon Football Club drug scandal investigation.

He has come out and, like Lance Armstrong, has admitted to injecting a banned substance.

Why is he not stood down pending further investigation?

How is this not making the AFL a laughing stock of profesional sport by allowing a confessed drug cheat to continue to play?

How can you support the AFL being apparently so soft on performance enhancing drugs and a confessed drug cheat?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote: 2. The bombers are a bunch of cheating scumbags BUT ASADA are so incompetent that they made an error and told the bombers aod 9604 was ok when it wasn't in which case the bombers have to get off.
This is it isn't it?

ASADA advised Dank/Essendon wrongly, therefore they won't be found guilty of any wrongdoing... that's what all those smug faces are saying isn't it?

The problem is, even if ASADA gave the wrong info, a team has taken banned substances... If they go on to win a flag or brownlow (oops), the whole comp will look ridiculous.
I'm starting to think 2. Is a distinct possibility .

But I do not for a second think that was simply a 'governance ' issue. The bombers thought they were on to some secret substance that was giving them an advantage and wasn't banned . They were looking for some advantage from a substance that hasn't yet been decided on by the regulator.

So yeah either they cheated and will be gawn or they cheated but will walk free because ASADA stuffed up .
Essendons smugness indicates the latter but if that is the case why did they try on so many other attempted defences along the way !
Their behaviour is confusing but I still leaning towards the idea they are GAWN.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 28 Jun 2013 12:14pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Plugger66 please name the other Essendon footballers who have PUBLICLY stated they took AOD 9604 when it is an S0 category prohibited substance?

Can you name any other sport with credibility that allows one of their participants to admit to taking a WADA banned substance in competition and allow them to continue playing in their sport?

Please answer both questions.

Because I really cont understand your confusion.

The Watson case is different to the Essendon Football Club drug scandal investigation.

He has come out and, like Lance Armstrong, has admitted to injecting a banned substance.

Why is he not stood down pending further investigation?

How is this not making the AFL a laughing stock of profesional sport by allowing a confessed drug cheat to continue to play?

How can you support the AFL being apparently so soft on performance enhancing drugs and a confessed drug cheat?

No other player has said they have used publicly but im guessing many have told the enquiry they have used. And the tour last year had about 6 riders who had told the Armstrong enquiry they systematically used drugs in the past.

As for your question about why isnt watson stood down. i gather you are asking me this. i have no idea why though because I have asked the same question but unlike you i think if it is that obvious that they are guilty why only stand him down. because he said it in public. Big deal. the others have told the main people and that is ASADA and the AFL. The AFL are the laughing stock of sport. Maybe but in the long run wont make one bit of difference once a final decision is made. Cant answer the last question because i dont think i have ever said i have supported the AFL in this case.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
dragit wrote:
This is it isn't it?

ASADA advised Dank/Essendon wrongly, therefore they won't be found guilty of any wrongdoing... that's what all those smug faces are saying isn't it?

I'm starting to think 2. Is a distinct possibility .

But I do not for a second think that was simply a 'governance ' issue. The bombers thought they were on to some secret substance that was giving them an advantage and wasn't banned . They were looking for some advantage .

So yeah either they cheated and will be gawn or they cheated but will walk free because ASADA stuffed up .
Essendons smugness indicates the latter but if that is the case why did they try on some other attempted defences along the way !
Their behaviour is confusing but I still leaning towards the idea they are GAWN.

Con that is very each way what you just said. Think 2 but they are gawn. You havent had an each way bet for a while.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con that is very each way what you just said. Think 2 but they are gawn. You havent had an each way bet for a while.
I have gone from

90% gone 10% asada stuff up

To now

70% gone 30% asada stuff up

Note I remain 0% they are innocent in the true sense.
They cheated but I reckon they have a 30% chance of getting away with it if asada were incompetent.
I can't ignore the high levels of smugness and confidence on display last night .
Maybe I was sucked in it by it.