Onya Leigh Fisher!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Onya Leigh Fisher!

While reading the Footy Record on the way home from yesterday's game I noticed that there among the listed umpires was Leigh Fisher! What a great step for an ex-player who always gave 100% and was cruelled by injuries. Good luck to you Leigh, what an improvement to the umpires panel! On a lighter note; I hope that one day in a GF Geelong (or Colondud) score a last second "goal" to go one point in front of the Saints, only for Leigh Fisher to bring them back to a free kick for the Saints...THEN? FINAL SIREEEEN!!!
(well I can dream can't I? :wink: )

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Re: Onya Leigh Fisher!

thejiggingsaint wrote:While reading the Footy Record on the way home from yesterday's game I noticed that there among the listed umpires was Leigh Fisher! What a great step for an ex-player who always gave 100% and was cruelled by injuries. Good luck to you Leigh, what an improvement to the umpires panel! On a lighter note; I hope that one day in a GF Geelong (or Colondud) score a last second "goal" to go one point in front of the Saints, only for Leigh Fisher to bring them back to a free kick for the Saints...THEN? FINAL SIREEEEN!!!
(well I can dream can't I? :wink: )
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

He umpired Sandy today

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

How did he go? I always thought Leigh Fisher to be a fine person who gave his best to the club. Good luck to him I say!

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

thejiggingsaint wrote:How did he go? I always thought Leigh Fisher to be a fine person who gave his best to the club. Good luck to him I say!
We lost by 96. He certainly didn't favour us !!

creepypolar
Club Player

tony74 wrote:
thejiggingsaint wrote:How did he go? I always thought Leigh Fisher to be a fine person who gave his best to the club. Good luck to him I say!
We lost by 96. He certainly didn't favour us !!
shows what a great bloke he is. He knew we were going to get smashed so he umpired against us. It's better to get smashed with an umpire against you, then when one's supporting you. Now we have an excuse. ONYA LEIGH FISHER! :wink:

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

GOLD! :lol:

mrkiss
Club Player

Umpired v frankston and gave us a good go last year they were all moaning on the hill (the pied piper with the bongos and his mates) when they realised it was fisher just gave us more amo to give it to them

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

he umpired a game in Brissy a while back and i remember the 3AW crew were giving it to him for some of the calls he was making ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Got to be an improvement to the umps list! :wink: Has to be an advance on "Razor Ray" :wink: :lol:

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

thejiggingsaint wrote:Got to be an improvement to the umps list! :wink: Has to be an advance on "Razor Ray" :wink: :lol:
If Ray had been the controlling ump in the final quarter of the 2009 GF when a certain player had his jumper pulled off, which was later described by the umpire's advisor as the one mistake of the day, we might have won. Alas, Ray was on the bench. Be careful what you wish for.

creepypolar
Club Player

thejiggingsaint wrote:Got to be an improvement to the umps list! :wink: Has to be an advance on "Razor Ray" :wink: :lol:

I've been wondering, is that his real name? Or a nickname?