VFL: Sandringham vs Frankston

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: VFL: Sandringham vs Frankston

Dr Spaceman wrote:@TrueZebras: Curren & Ledger have been Zebs best today. Cockie hasn't appeared since 3 qtr time but was very good before his injury #PJVFL

Are we still a chance?

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

@sandyzebs: Lourey kicks his sixth goal after the siren and Frankston are big big winners by 96 points #PJVFL

@TrueZebras: FINAL SCORE: @sandyzebs 8.4.52 lost to @VFL_Dolphins 23.10.148 #PJVFL

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:@sandyzebs: Lourey kicks his sixth goal after the siren and Frankston are big big winners by 96 points #PJVFL

@TrueZebras: FINAL SCORE: @sandyzebs 8.4.52 lost to @VFL_Dolphins 23.10.148 #PJVFL

I havent given up. Seriously that is a disgusting effort. I hope a few saints did well otherwise it really shows lack of depth which is pretty obvious anyway. What the hell has happened to sandy. lost about 7 in a row. Its no good for either team.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dr Spaceman wrote:@sandyzebs: Lourey kicks his sixth goal after the siren and Frankston are big big winners by 96 points #PJVFL

I havent given up. Seriously that is a disgusting effort. I hope a few saints did well otherwise it really shows lack of depth which is pretty obvious anyway. What the hell has happened to sandy. lost about 7 in a row. Its no good for either team.
I'm with you Plugger. In all seriousness something must be wrong down there. Frankston have lost 6 in a row before today and are the easybeats of the VFL, aren't they?

Something smells down there. They looked really promising early in the season.

Any insight Zebraman?

Frankston were on from the start. Mind you Saad kicked the first goal. When the wind blows at Kars st it's not an easy place. I know it sounds like a lame excuse but the players minds were stewed this week. How they won yesterday is a credit to them. Just forget about today. Saunders was good.

BringBackMadDog
Club Player

Did Wright play?

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Yep, was ok but when you get done by heaps everyone looks ordinary.

CeilidhSaint
Club Player

That's abysmal. AFL team vs a VFL team!! Was it boys against men or something else? No Blake or Kosi I suppose of our bigger more experienced guys who have been playing 4 Sandy but really....

TB 1 - The Brightest Light on the Darkest Night - we miss you.
Think Globally, Act Sainterly
I have Phil Narkle's helmet
stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

What an absolute disgusting & embarrassing performance that was by Zebs. Just gave up at 10min mark first quarter, it wasnt the Zebs listed players either, it was freaking Saints. Coaches not impressed at all. Given so many those Saints players should be pushing for senior selection they'd want lift their game if they are going make it. Saunders, Curren, Ledger & probably Wright only Saints that could hold head high. At least they gave 110% entire game.

No idea how Saad found his way into best, but other 5 were easily best players.

We were hurt on rotations (seems be weekly thing) when Cook went off with knee injury early in game.

Im not even going to comment on Siposs's game, kid needs a serious boot up the arse.

Ferguson had shocker, got blasted by coaches for not giving a stuff at 3 qtr time.

White had an absolute shocker, but at least he was trying.

Im too pissed at that pathetic display to say anymore, if anyone wants thoughts on individual player let me know.

Actually, was really impressed with Zebs debutants, Daniel Maitland and Luke Barnhoorn.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:What an absolute disgusting & embarrassing performance that was by Zebs. Just gave up at 10min mark first quarter, it wasnt the Zebs listed players either, it was freaking Saints. Coaches not impressed at all. Given so many those Saints players should be pushing for senior selection they'd want lift their game if they are going make it. Saunders, Curren, Ledger & probably Wright only Saints that could hold head high. At least they gave 110% entire game.

We were hurt on rotations (seems be weekly thing) when Cook went off with knee injury early in game.

Im not even going to comment on Siposs's game, kid needs a serious boot up the arse.

Ferguson had shocker, got blasted by coaches for not giving a stuff at 3 qtr time.

Im too pissed at that pathetic display to say anymore, if anyone wants thoughts on individual player let me know.

Actually, was really impressed with Zebs debutants, Daniel Maitland and Luke Barnhoorn.

Id be interested to know what has happened the last few weeks. sandy looked a good side early in the year and now look like they are nearly the worst side. You are obviously involved and i heard of unrest last year with sandy and saints players. is that still happening or are the saints players just not good enough yet.

creepypolar
Club Player

stkildathunda wrote:What an absolute disgusting & embarrassing performance that was by Zebs. Just gave up at 10min mark first quarter, it wasnt the Zebs listed players either, it was freaking Saints. Coaches not impressed at all. Given so many those Saints players should be pushing for senior selection they'd want lift their game if they are going make it. Saunders, Curren, Ledger & probably Wright only Saints that could hold head high. At least they gave 110% entire game.

Hey Thunda, how did you find Staley? With Fisher on the LTI and we have that mid-season rookie upgrade do you reckon he could make it? Would today's performance have helped?
Thanks

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

You were obviously there as well. It was one of those games that the Dolphins kicked goals from anywhere. They were just on and Sandy wasn't. Agree with Siposs. Don't be too hard on them. As I said their minds were stewed after this week.

bergsone
SS Life Member

Shenton show anything,he was picked CHB ?did he play there....thanks

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

Again he was ok but they were rotated so much and the ball travelled over everyone's heads so often it was hard to make a judgement

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

tony74 wrote:

You were obviously there as well. It was one of those games that the Dolphins kicked goals from anywhere. They were just on and Sandy wasn't. Agree with Siposs. Don't be too hard on them. As I said their minds were stewed after this week.
Agree with that, everything just fell Dolphins way. How good was that mark by Dolphins player in opening quarter though!

Did notice Ferguson getting alot work done on his back again, must be ongoing problem as every week seems to need work.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

creepypolar wrote:

Hey Thunda, how did you find Staley? With Fisher on the LTI and we have that mid-season rookie upgrade do you reckon he could make it? Would today's performance have helped?
Thanks
Staley was pretty good again, spent bit time in ruck this week. Lever had another shocker. I think Staley could make it, but might take couple more years but reckon he is persisting with.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:Frankston were on from the start. Mind you Saad kicked the first goal. When the wind blows at Kars st it's not an easy place. I know it sounds like a lame excuse but the players minds were stewed this week. How they won yesterday is a credit to them. Just forget about today. Saunders was good.
thanks for that imput.. :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

It was refreshing to see Saad show leadership and take the group aside at quarter time. In an otherwise dirty day I was impressed with that.

kalsaint
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:That's our depth and development getting spanked, we might be down for a little while longer...
Was my thought too. :cry:

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
bergsone
SS Life Member

kalsaint wrote:
bobmurray wrote:That's our depth and development getting spanked, we might be down for a little while longer...

Are these guys struggling atm because of lack of experience around them,Hayes,Schneider,Fisher,etc ,being out atm,would expect numbers to filter down

Then again how much experience at Frankston :?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergsone wrote:
kalsaint wrote:

Are these guys struggling atm because of lack of experience around them,Hayes,Schneider,Fisher,etc ,being out atm,would expect numbers to filter down

Then again how much experience at Frankston :?
that would be a contributing factor, i would think...about ten out at the moment.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Making excuses because of Milne doesn't cut it. 100 odd point loss reeks of issues.

We virtually run Sandy.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Freebird
Club Player

Don't blame our recruiting...some on here very happy with the way we have chosen in the past.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Is it that Siposs needs a kick in the pants..... Or is he just not as good as we hoped.

Didn't see today, but Siposs is easily the most over hyped player both inside and outside of the club...

He might be good, but THAT good i doubt.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Has to have op it something IMO