caro's right ..for once..worth watching

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: caro's right ..for once..worth watching

is how you do it.....fancy taking lessons from the filth ffs....

09:50pm Jun 16, 2013
Collingwood Football Club statement: Marley Williams

Exclusive to collingwoodfc.com.au 5:23pm AEDT Thursday, December 27, 2012

"Collingwood can confirm that player Marley Williams has been charged with assault following an overnight incident at a night club in Albany, Western Australia. Williams will appear in court at a later date.

As this is a police matter the club will be making no further comment at this time."

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

fairly serious charge..imho...

"Collingwood footballer assault charge upgraded

Police have upgraded an assault charge against Collingwood footballer Marley Williams to grievous bodily harm.
February 28, 2013, 2:12 pm"

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Jacks Back wrote:
Life Long Saint wrote:
saintspremiers wrote:Jurrah though is aboriginal. Possibly the AFL were worried if they banned him
It could be seem as an anti-Aboriginal stance.
That is a sad indictment on our society if that is true.
What is happening in this country? Surely we are all Australians whether you were first on this land or the latest. I'm absolutely sick and tired of this s*** where special treatment is given to certain sections of the community whether that be on a tax return or watching a show on SBS or the ABC where special mention is given for possible distressing scenes for ancestors. What about all the war shows and the anglo ancestors? No mention about them. FFS!!!
According to Aboriginal tradition one is not supposed to look at images of people now deceased ... that's why SBS issues those warnings. It can't be compared to people of Anglo descent. On a broader note, though, you would be right to question why we spend so much time deferring to superstitions of all religions.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:
Jacks Back wrote:What is happening in this country? Surely we are all Australians whether you were first on this land or the latest. I'm absolutely sick and tired of this s*** where special treatment is given to certain sections of the community whether that be on a tax return or watching a show on SBS or the ABC where special mention is given for possible distressing scenes for ancestors. What about all the war shows and the anglo ancestors? No mention about them. FFS!!!
According to Aboriginal tradition one is not supposed to look at images of people now deceased ... that's why SBS issues those warnings. It can't be compared to people of Anglo descent. On a broader note, though, you would be right to question why we spend so much time deferring to superstitions of all religions.
I have no problem with being sensitive to other cultures and beliefs but when it comes to application of law or rules and regulations then that's where everyone should be treated the same.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think in central desert culture and top end etc. where they live closer to a traditional existence often traditional laws are more effective and should be acknowledged. A guy like Marley Williams is hardly worth noting his aboriginality like someone might be Irish because some great grandparent came from there.

That is Alan Jones like devicive crap saying they are treated different- so different that guys like Jimmy Krakour go down in a set up that was bordering on illegal and he got a far greater sentence than any white guy would. Aboriginals have a far higher incarceration rate than whites. I'll take our special treatment over theirs thanks.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Jurrah though is aboriginal. Possibly the AFL were worried if they banned him
I reckon from reading some of your posts in the past that there's a high likelihood that your ancestors were anti-Aboriginal!!!

I think the AFL's actions in the modern AFL era have seen a pro-Aboriginal stance in line with Affirmative Action for employment of Indigenous Australians and other catch-up type policies...but anyhow maybe we should get back on topic

Just wanted to quote the instigator and go back on OP to see who started going off on a tangent...No surprise to see one of the serial offenders pop up with his thoughts which btw are not based on any facts or logical opinion

I reckon this sorry saga and the allegations against Milne have gained so much airtime on mainstream media and it's an issue that has been bubbling for so many years that it was in the clubs interest ( and the image of the AFL brand - YES the AFL brand/image is important - it is what drives the revenues) that Milne sit out for a few weeks. It may have been simply a commercial decision.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

Caro is Queen flog....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think Caro likes to bend over often and touch her toes, she likes to do it in her birthday suit and usually grimaces as she is probed from behind...

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I think in central desert culture and top end etc. where they live closer to a traditional existence often traditional laws are more effective and should be acknowledged. A guy like Marley Williams is hardly worth noting his aboriginality like someone might be Irish because some great grandparent came from there.

That is Alan Jones like devicive crap saying they are treated different- so different that guys like Jimmy Krakour go down in a set up that was bordering on illegal and he got a far greater sentence than any white guy would. Aboriginals have a far higher incarceration rate than whites. I'll take our special treatment over theirs thanks.
not many rich white guys in gaol...unless they are drug runners...like fat tony for instance......not many rich black guys in gaol either...they can afford good lawyers....ask lovett.......

i like jimmy........but do the crime...do the time ...imho....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

more from caro.....

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/c ... 2oodz.html

"

Clumsy case of communication breakdown

Date
June 22, 2013

St Kilda must learn from the past

The "lack of corporate governance" that has troubled the St Kilda Football Club in the past was once again on display this week, says chief football writer Caroline Wilson.

St Kilda's bungled handling of the Stephen Milne rape charges this week had a hard act to follow when you consider the way the case had been handled by the Victoria Police. But it was bungled nonetheless.

Victoria Police has a far more serious case to answer with accusations of a monumental stuff-up, or worse, but it remains hard to fathom why the club failed to seek an appropriate buy-in from its players on the day it moved to send Milne on ''indefinite leave'' after he was charged with four counts of rape arising from an alleged incident in 2004.

The decision was correct but the manner in which it was reached was messy and created a deep division between club and players. Having expected the veteran small forward to run out alongside them on Saturday, Nick Riewoldt and his senior group were taken aback to learn otherwise.

There is also the strong suggestion that while coach Scott Watters was not against withdrawing Milne, he was also taken aback at the ''indefinite leave'' scenario after initially believing Milne would be removed from the team for only a matter of weeks.

Having stood up in front of the players on Tuesday and declaring he was backing the popular Milne, the coach had every reason to feel undermined by Wednesday when Milne was told he was being ejected on Watters' call and that of the club's psychologist.

The decision should not have been left to players and coach. Milne's fate was never going to be decided by them alone, so the club should have worked together with them from the start in the manner Geelong did last year when it suspended Jesse Stringer after police invested assault allegations against him. Stringer was suspended on the basis of a decision that involved Geelong's executive, lawyers and the players' leadership group.

That key St Kilda directors had a change of heart regarding Milne and his selection overnight was entirely justified given the complexity of this issue, which - purely in the context of sport - has challenged the AFL and seen opinion divided among commissioners, executives and other key officials. Interestingly, Andrew Demetriou supported Milne's right to play again this year before his case has been heard despite the gravity of the charges.

There is no doubt those Saints directors felt pressure - real or perceived - from the AFL commission, which met on Wednesday night. There is no doubt playing Milne against Melbourne was going to be difficult on so many levels, but it was wrong not to communicate the full story to the players in the first instance.

Quire rightly, the sporting landscape has changed since the day St Kilda president Rod Butterss and his CEO Brian Waldron called a press conference to announce that Milne and teammate Leigh Montagna were being investigated by police following allegations of sexual assault.

Back then, Butterss and Waldron refused to give much detail but went to unfortunate lengths to say the two young women involved had called the footballers and driven them to Montagna's home. What followed was a long overdue revision of that landscape that saw the clumsy but well-intentioned and ultimately correct introduction of the AFL's Respect and Responsibility policy.

Communication is such an integral part of what makes successful football clubs tick. The buzz term ''good corporate governance'' is mandatory. There is no doubt the players and coach were wrong to feel initially and disproportionately empowered with making the call on Milne. And the club's administration was wrong not to level with them from the start regarding the current social climate and other realities to work together towards the correct decision.

There have been strong hints for some time that the senior players have felt some disenchantment with the club's administration. This has not helped. It is also most unfortunate that the 250th milestones of Nick Riewoldt and Nick Dal Santo - who have reportedly organised their own private post-game function - have had their celebration game plunged under this dark cloud.

It is most unfortunate that St Kilda had no action plan in its bottom drawer - or at the very least some point of reference - for this turn of events despite the strong suggestions in recent years the Milne case would be reopened.

In the season that followed the Milne-Montagna incident, the Saints won their first 10 games and young Riewoldt and his exciting team went on to lose an away final to eventual premier Port Adelaide by a solitary goal in the 2004 preliminary final.

The years that followed have included so many on-field highs but ultimate disappointment and a series of off-field scandals and dramas far worse than anything even Melbourne of late has managed to dish up. Too often ''good corporate governance'' has entirely eluded the St Kilda Football Club.

If the charges laid against Milne nine years and three months after that sorry night in 2004 have bookended an era at the Saints, then hopefully the regenerated St Kilda board will demonstrate it has learnt from the lessons of the past decade."

rexy
SS Life Member

Over reaction from Caro IMO, thought the club handled fairly well, not sure it's the end of the world if they changed their minds, took advice from AFL or surprised the players/coach. Nothing wrong with saying this is a tough situation and we took our time to come to an agreement!

Maybe this year?
suss
Club Player

She is such a jerk.

She wouldn't know what corporate governance was if it bit her on her arse. Seriously, she makes the Herald Sun look good.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I think bobmurray likes to bend over often and touch his toes, he likes to do it in his birthday suit and usually grimaces as he is probed from behind...
Edited for accuracy.

You dumb mysognist internet illiterate :roll:

Had any luck booking tickets lately you cabbage?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
matrix
Saintsational Legend

is it wrong to laugh at that?
i mean after all, it is abuse so technically....

nah
thats funny

ljpoyz
Club Player

I have also been shaking my head at this... Surely you plan for something like this when you know of the allegations and the chance the case will be reassessed?

"It is most unfortunate that St Kilda had no action plan in its bottom drawer - or at the very least some point of reference - for this turn of events despite the strong suggestions in recent years the Milne case would be reopened."

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

ljpoyz wrote:I have also been shaking my head at this... Surely you plan for something like this when you know of the allegations and the chance the case will be reassessed?

"It is most unfortunate that St Kilda had no action plan in its bottom drawer - or at the very least some point of reference - for this turn of events despite the strong suggestions in recent years the Milne case would be reopened."
I agree with Caro. The club has handled this case appallingly. Clearly we have issues with our board.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

What do you do when someone throws a grenade in your lap?

For God's sake, what the hell can the St Kilda board do that will not attract criticism? Comparing the Milne situation to the Jessie Stringer situation is stupid. Totally different scenarios.

If the senior St Kilda players are not happy with the administration, then too bad. The players don't have to cop all the headaches and responsibility with dealing with this mess. The board has had to deal with the original mess in 2004, the Andrew Lovett saga, the Kim Duthie saga, and now this. Don't you think they've just about had a gut full?

Just shut up and play football, and leave the serious decision making to people who have far more responsibility and experience than you do. Clearly, you understand the seriousness and complexity if this situation and are merely looking at this one dimensionally. And to the board, please don't let the tail wag the dog!

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

don't forget Gram's issues.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I think the club was on a hiding to nothing on this.
Not the boards fault this time.
I think Milney should step aside until the committal .
Then if he is ordered to stand trial the media is obliged to back off.
And then he can and should play out this year

Saints94
SS Life Member

You talk so much s*** it's not even funny...

gringo
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
gringo wrote:I think in central desert culture and top end etc. where they live closer to a traditional existence often traditional laws are more effective and should be acknowledged. A guy like Marley Williams is hardly worth noting his aboriginality like someone might be Irish because some great grandparent came from there.

not many rich white guys in gaol...unless they are drug runners...like fat tony for instance......not many rich black guys in gaol either...they can afford good lawyers....ask lovett.......

i like jimmy........but do the crime...do the time ...imho....
Did you read the case? He was set up by under cover officers who told him they wanted speed and he went out and found it for them -it was entrapment in the states. WA has some strange archaic laws. He was carrying fake speed supplied by the police force but had handled the money they gave him and thought he was doing the crime. It was bizarre -and was then given a particularly heavy sentence compared with similar precedents.

It was an outrageous waste of the police officers time and wasn't getting any Mr Big just going after an ex footy star desperate for money. It was a disgraceful set up to get a high profile person as a warning to potential drug dealers.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
fingers wrote:What a load of tripe....Caroline Wilson would not know a thing about good corporate governance. There is no right answer on the Milne issue. None at all. Caro would not be able to tell you what good governance is, nor has the club done anything to suggest that there was a failure of governance. The board has ultimate accountability for the club and has lots of voices it needs to listen too. There is nothing wrong with listening to what the players have to say. Doesn't mean they have to respond to it in any way shape or form. She says nothing in that video - absolutely nothing. Anyone who suggest that there was a lack of good governance based on what we know to date really doesn't know what they are on about.

Agreed, a gossip collumnist may know what they think is a word that makes them sound like they know what they are on about, however when it comes to corporate governance Wilson wouldn't know the first thing about it.

She likes to use these words and phrases to draw a scenerio where everything is a "crisis"

Governance
Milne"camp" (presumably v Admin "camp")
Crisis meeting (players meet to clarify it position on a player charged with serious criminal offences).

She is a shill and a gossip and likes to write drama pieces to sell the rag she writes for.
Good posts.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
bobmurray wrote:I think bobmurray likes to bend over often and touch his toes, he likes to do it in his birthday suit and usually grimaces as he is probed from behind...
Edited for accuracy.

You dumb mysognist internet illiterate :roll:

Had any luck booking tickets lately you cabbage?
A top ten post from a top ten poster.........no wonder i cant take this dump seriously.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The list changes for 2025 have begun, always an interesting time for an avid supporter.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
joffaboy wrote:
fingers wrote:What a load of tripe....Caroline Wilson would not know a thing about good corporate governance. There is no right answer on the Milne issue. None at all. Caro would not be able to tell you what good governance is, nor has the club done anything to suggest that there was a failure of governance. The board has ultimate accountability for the club and has lots of voices it needs to listen too. There is nothing wrong with listening to what the players have to say. Doesn't mean they have to respond to it in any way shape or form. She says nothing in that video - absolutely nothing. Anyone who suggest that there was a lack of good governance based on what we know to date really doesn't know what they are on about.

Agreed, a gossip collumnist may know what they think is a word that makes them sound like they know what they are on about, however when it comes to corporate governance Wilson wouldn't know the first thing about it.

She likes to use these words and phrases to draw a scenerio where everything is a "crisis"

Governance
Milne"camp" (presumably v Admin "camp")
Crisis meeting (players meet to clarify it position on a player charged with serious criminal offences).

Written by a top ten shill and gossip..how ironic...good one harry...keep up the top ten potting

Love that thread re the top 10 wankers.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She is a shill and a gossip and likes to write drama pieces to sell the rag she writes for.
Good posts.

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Ive always thought Caro was a hatchet faced buffoon who will stir s*** even when its not there just to sell her toilet paper.

She writes and talks half truths and blatant fabrications all with the know it all look on her face when she knows less than s***. She is a muck raker and an opinioon columnist sticking true to form

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum