Maister

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Maister

8856brother wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:Really, don't think he much personally!
You have made a couple of silly comments tonight. I assume you're drinking. :oops:
No, night shift!

Bad management is bad management
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Kick-it-lace-out wrote:
SydneySainter wrote:Really, don't think he much personally!
At least use the correct grammar if you are going to give us your 'expert' opinion.
When have I ever claimed my opinions to be expert?

Bad management is bad management
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Shouldn't be in the side in a fortnight against Melbourne - and neither should Saad.
I was talking to another spectator tonight when he was having 'that' shot near the end. I said that I felt that this kick was all or nothing. He kicks the goal, we win. He misses, West Coast will gain possession and use their height advantage around the ground to score, goal and win - and unfortunately that was exactly what happened.
We had a few out tonight, but so did they and I felt that there were just too many mistakes for that side to stay as it is for the game against Melbourne in two weeks. We missed Hickey tonight, and Armo did some diabolical things at times, but he and Joey made up for their screw ups with their work around the clearances. Dal Santo needs to go back to Sandy with Saad and Maister. Didn't do enough for mine.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
realdeal
Club Player

samuraisaint wrote:Shouldn't be in the side in a fortnight against Melbourne - and neither should Saad.
I was talking to another spectator tonight when he was having 'that' shot near the end. I said that I felt that this kick was all or nothing. He kicks the goal, we win. He misses, West Coast will gain possession and use their height advantage around the ground to score, goal and win - and unfortunately that was exactly what happened.
We had a few out tonight, but so did they and I felt that there were just too many mistakes for that side to stay as it is for the game against Melbourne in two weeks. We missed Hickey tonight, and Armo did some diabolical things at times, but he and Joey made up for their screw ups with their work around the clearances. Dal Santo needs to go back to Sandy with Saad and Maister. Didn't do enough for mine.
How did we miss Hickey? We all thought the team looked more balanced tonight. Cox and Nit Nat didn't hurt us that much. Maister actually played well tonight, not sure what game you were at. He missed that last shot but it wasnt easy. The issue was more why there were no other saints players back in defense!?

Fair rub of the green and Joey hand passing over the top and we win by 4-5 goals. Can't fault our intensity tonight.

samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

You're joking, aren't you? What would you call that passage of play when West Coast went coast to coast and the defender kicked the match winning goal? They could try that sort of low percentage do-or-die attack because of our lack of height. And the hit out discrepancy was massive.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
Sainter93
Club Player

Harsh about him falling over at the end. Ran hard and worked tirelessly all game and was out on his feet at the end. I don't think he would have been able to corner the eagles guy anyway. Had a really good game

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Sainter93 wrote:Harsh about him falling over at the end. Ran hard and worked tirelessly all game and was out on his feet at the end. I don't think he would have been able to corner the eagles guy anyway. Had a really good game
Agree with this....where would Kosi have been in that foot race....not within 50M....MAister had a really good game with a very unfortunate end.

Remember - he'sonly played about a dozen AFL games as a forward....maybe he has some development to do!

Nee!
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Thumbs up from me, thought he played well.

12 poss (83% eff.) 10 marks 2 goals 8 score involv.

No Contract, No contact :shock:
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

He played a decent game .
Has kicked 10 goals 8 this year , for a player of his quality this is average .

His game on sunday should be his standard , unfortunately that is his best , so i doubt he will get a contract past 2015 .
So what is his real value ?

In red white and black from 73
paddy
Club Player

yeah.... showed significant improvement....

allowed the skip to work up the ground more...

was a solid night at the office...

saad looked to be trying more, but just wasn't effective.... reckon he has dropped some weight, or is carrying some sorrt of injury....

we were promised a left boot this year, however i think they gave him one too many

Greg T
Club Player

kos wrote:
Greg T wrote:Missed that 1 that would of counted....
If we're talking about the one that old hav counted, Joey 20m out with 2 team mates in the goal square with a few minutes on the clock. Game over!

Agree, but Joeys won us plenty too.....this bloke hasn't

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key