Boomer=Figjam.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Boomer=Figjam.

Absolute star in the U-18 Grand Final (or whatever it was called) in 1995. Clearly a class above.

But ... he didn't get drafted till pick 47. Go figure.

And who did the Saints pick before him?

Daniel Healy. Barry Hall. Joe McLaren. Andrew Lamb. Jason Cripps. Ryan Grinter.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Waltzing St Kilda wrote:Absolute star in the U-18 Grand Final (or whatever it was called) in 1995. Clearly a class above.

But ... he didn't get drafted till pick 47. Go figure.

And who did the Saints pick before him?

Daniel Healy. Barry Hall. Joe McLaren. Andrew Lamb. Jason Cripps. Ryan Grinter.

Well we got one star before him.

SAAD
Club Player

Boomer is loyal, there has been plenty of dark times after the Roos success in mid to late 90's, he has had plenty of offers to go elsewhere and he stuck with them, good on him. Sniper, thug, goal hungry, he may be all of those but I rather that than mercenaries like we have had that leave our club, including Tony...and two former number 1 draft picks.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

crikey if he played in saints colors we would absolutely love him

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SAAD wrote:Boomer is loyal, there has been plenty of dark times after the Roos success in mid to late 90's, he has had plenty of offers to go elsewhere and he stuck with them, good on him. Sniper, thug, goal hungry, he may be all of those but I rather that than mercenaries like we have had that leave our club, including Tony...and two former number 1 draft picks.
+1

one was actually a no 2 pick if you mean ball and bj.....still ..tough to take....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Watts the Buzz
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:
Scollop wrote:Milney earnt respect as a footballer in 2010. That's when he became a champion. Don't know if it was the heartache of '09 or if it was Roo missing through injury that motivated him, but he was phenomenal in 2010 as the go to forward. He single handedly won games off his own boot and he also had a good finals series...just wish he'd done it a year earlier
Please......
earnt respect ....OK
Milne and champion in the same sentence????
Done well to play all those games and kick a big number of goals, but cost us plenty of goals going the other way.
Plays in a position that has largely become extinct at other clubs,
but can't play anywhere else.
best small forward ever?? a bit like saying a bloke is the best 20th man ever because he can only go for 15 minutes and is therefore always selected as 20th man.

No disrespect to the bloke as he has made the most of his career, but posters need to open the other eye sometimes!
Don't let his form this year cloud your judgement. He's had an ordinary year, it's true, but he has been an absolute little champion. In the past you could always rely on him to consistently kick his 50 goals per year in what is possibly the hardest position to play as a crumbing forward pocket. It's obvious the end is near but I think it's fair to say that he's in the best 3 or 4 small forwards the game has ever seen. I hate it when we turn on our own......don't think it's a good call at all by you at all but I guess we're all entitled to our own opinions.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

A weeks a long time in footy. Just ask Norf. :D

Hi FIGJAM. :mrgreen:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:A weeks a long time in footy. Just ask Norf. :D

Hi FIGJAM. :mrgreen:
was harvey playing.???.didn't see him get a kick...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
MCG-Unit
SS Life Member

Big difference when you don't lead the free kick count 10-0 at Qtr time, win the FK count 24-11, get most of the 50/50 decisions, plus 2 or 3 shocking advantage calls :shock:

Serves (most) NM supporters right for their disgraceful behavior last week :mrgreen:

Andrew Swallow is ok though.....
Last edited by MCG-Unit on Sun 09 Jun 2013 12:24pm, edited 2 times in total.

No Contract, No contact :shock:
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Front running, diving, arrogant turds. 5 goals up again. Lol.

Dislike them with a passion.

Saintsational Legend

MCG-Unit wrote:Big difference when you don't lead the free kick count 10-0 at Qtr time, win the FK count 24-11, get most of the 50/50 decisions, plus 2 or 3 shocking advantage calls :shock:

Hope (most) NM supporters suffer for their disgraceful behavior last week :mrgreen:

Have to disagree about Swallow. Cannot believe he is a captain. Where is his presence during a game? He shows no leadership, doesn't lift his team at all. And his form hasn't been flash at all.

If you took him out of the north team, I doubt there's any difference in their game plan. Nothing against him personally, but I've mused in this for awhile now. I would actually rate him as over rated. Would take David over him anyway.

Oh, and Harvey played pretty well. Their biggest worry is Petrie, the so called gun fwd of the last couple of years. Loves beating up on youngsters and s*** teams. Did f*** all last night. Like the cheat Thomas

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Front running, diving, arrogant turds. 5 goals up again. Lol.

10 goals up against us and we lost by 10.

Proper sides with some heart come back against Norf and win.

We didn't and got THRASHED!

The jokes on us bud.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
Scollop wrote:Milney earnt respect as a footballer in 2010. That's when he became a champion. Don't know if it was the heartache of '09 or if it was Roo missing through injury that motivated him, but he was phenomenal in 2010 as the go to forward. He single handedly won games off his own boot and he also had a good finals series...just wish he'd done it a year earlier
Please......
earnt respect ....OK
Milne and champion in the same sentence????
Done well to play all those games and kick a big number of goals, but cost us plenty of goals going the other way.
Plays in a position that has largely become extinct at other clubs,
but can't play anywhere else.
best small forward ever?? a bit like saying a bloke is the best 20th man ever because he can only go for 15 minutes and is therefore always selected as 20th man.

No disrespect to the bloke as he has made the most of his career, but posters need to open the other eye sometimes!
How many games did you play? At any level? To kick the amount of goals Milne has kicked definitely places him in the champion category. Shame he didn't roll the dice and grab the ball in the dying minute of the 2010 Grannie and go for gold, but then we all have to live with that now.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.
8856brother
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
8856brother wrote:Front running, diving, arrogant turds. 5 goals up again. Lol.

10 goals up against us and we lost by 10.

Proper sides with some heart come back against Norf and win.

We didn't and got THRASHED!

The jokes on us bud.
Ah, but we are not pretending to be contenders. This is my point. They beat up on poor sides, like us, but choke against any half decent sides. This thread is not about how poor we are going. North are more disappointing than us IMO. Forget the scoreline yesterday, the Suns absolutely smashed them after qtr time.

SS Life Member

stevie wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:Big difference when you don't lead the free kick count 10-0 at Qtr time, win the FK count 24-11, get most of the 50/50 decisions, plus 2 or 3 shocking advantage calls :shock:

Hope (most) NM supporters suffer for their disgraceful behavior last week :mrgreen:

Have to disagree about Swallow. Cannot believe he is a captain. Where is his presence during a game? He shows no leadership, doesn't lift his team at all. And his form hasn't been flash at all.

If you took him out of the north team, I doubt there's any difference in their game plan. Nothing against him personally, but I've mused in this for awhile now. I would actually rate him as over rated. Would take David over him anyway.
Cannot agree on Swallow, I reckon he's had a very good year, a captain who leads by example, given he generally cops a heavy tag. I've had him in my Super Coach all year - he's been most consistent, averaging 110.

On top of that I think he's a top bloke. I would have Andrew & David at the Saints in a heartbeat.....

No Contract, No contact :shock:
stevie
Saintsational Legend

I havent been following Swallow's form this year as the Roos are hardly on free to air. In no way am i 'bagging' him, I just feel he needs to present more charisma and presence as a captain. He had 10 disposals last night and was a spectator. Doesn't impose himself on a game

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

whiskers3614 hang your head in shame.... SM has been a treasure to the St Kilda FC, amazed at your comments. SM has been one of the most underrated players on the 2000s and finally has been shown respect he deserves.

Fortius Quo Fidelius
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Yes I heard , Milne kicked the first couple (and another from outside 50)Happy to see it and all credit to Milne.
However the stats don't always show the negatives aS CLEARLY AS THE GOALS KICKED.
i.E. The missed snap from 20 out
The 50metre penalty
the frees against
the frees he stages for letting the opposition run off as he appeals to umpy.

ShanghaiSaint
Club Player

whiskers3614 wrote:Yes I heard , Milne kicked the first couple (and another from outside 50)Happy to see it and all credit to Milne.
However the stats don't always show the negatives aS CLEARLY AS THE GOALS KICKED.
i.E. The missed snap from 20 out
The 50metre penalty
the frees against
the frees he stages for letting the opposition run off as he appeals to umpy.
that was a bad one.... but he's having a great game tonight....

Fortius Quo Fidelius
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Love him as much as the next bloke.
Just want his contribution assessed on a credit/debit system.
Goals are obviously the credits as is unpredictability.
Unpredictability often leads to brain fades (debit)