Harden The f*** Up, Supporters

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

clarky449
Saintsational Legend

Re: Harden The f*** Up, Supporters

Nah I didn't go yesterday

Follow me for my expert opinions on Twitter @DanielClark93
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:1/ The last 3 quarters of effort showed how insipid the first quarter effort was

2/ This is a FORUM.

3/ Forums are to talk about things, and as this one is on the Saints this is what we do.

4/ The talk on the forum will reflect what occurs on the field.
well said......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Knowing we are s*** is different to accepting it.... I prefer something being done about it

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Knowing we are s*** is different to accepting it.... I prefer something being done about it
As a supporter, what are you going to do about it?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
BigMart wrote:Knowing we are s*** is different to accepting it.... I prefer something being done about it
He watches them on tellie, then post game makes comments on the internet, demanding that we become less mediocre. Totally different to what you and I do.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
Beno88 wrote:Supporters can complain all they like on forums, I have no problem with that, but they'd wanna start turning up to games. I know I'm preaching to the converted, but yesterday's turnout of Saints fans was disgraceful. Would have been lucky to be 5,000.
careful

joff will be on soon and you know what he's like about turning up to games and excuses 8-)

Hey matrix, I went on Sunday.

Where were you???

Are you gunna use that lame excuse that you were 1000 k's away again??????? :D :wink:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
bergholt wrote:
He watches them on tellie, then post game makes comments on the internet, demanding that we become less mediocre. Totally different to what you and I do.
If only we had drafted Cousins and Cripps had a photo of him on the internet. That would have fixed it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
matrix wrote:
Beno88 wrote:Supporters can complain all they like on forums, I have no problem with that, but they'd wanna start turning up to games. I know I'm preaching to the converted, but yesterday's turnout of Saints fans was disgraceful. Would have been lucky to be 5,000.
careful

joff will be on soon and you know what he's like about turning up to games and excuses 8-)

Hey matrix, I went on Sunday.

Where were you???

Are you gunna use that lame excuse that you were 1000 k's away again??????? :D :wink:
Did you leave at quarter time?

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote: Did you leave at quarter time?

After 8 minutes

Lance or James??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

After 8 minutes
Wasn't it 7 minutes 40 seconds and 26 points down?

You wasted 20 seconds of your life!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
joffaboy wrote:

After 8 minutes
Wasn't it 7 minutes 40 seconds and 26 points down?

You wasted 20 seconds of your life!
Well it took me that long to heave my old body out of the seat.

Lance or James??

PakenhamSaint
Club Player

On Sunday during the first quarter I did something I haven't done in years. Have a go at my own players.
That worries me a bit.

SinCitySainter
Club Player

The people on here bagging out supporters who did not go should wind their necks in.
I went on Sunday but the guys I usually go with didn't for their own reasons.
We are all however fully paid up members of the club and have been for more years than I care to remember.
We started going in the 80s and have seen some absolute dire performances.
We are the bread and butter of this club and if for whatever reason decide not to go then it is our and only our business.
It is the sanctimonious attitude of some fans that make people think maybe we shouldn't bother anymore.

Austinnn
Club Player

I wish I was in Australia so I could go to games. I'd show you lily-livered whingers what supporting a team means. Just my luck to leave the country when we started getting good 10 years ago. Sounds like my services are needed as they were in the Watson/Blight era. I sound like I'm up myself? If you like. Don't reckon I'm the greatest supporter but I screamed my lungs out for the whole game, no matter how s*** we were, didn't sit on my behind drinking beer and whinging. Seems like we could do with a few thousand screaming maniacs at the moment. I've said my piece and this is far from my first post on this subject. I hope New support comes from somewhere, the old support seems to be as exciting as a stale fart. The club is nothing without fans so if you guys stop trying, might as well shut up shop and become the Wellington Saints or merge with the Zebs. Half our squad seems to be very good VFL players like TDL so it could be a good move. Sorry for being Mr negative. Let's hope this lull is brief and the sleeping support wakes up and realise that change has to start from the fans, not the players.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
stinger
Saintsational Legend

SunburySaint wrote:
paulski wrote:Agree 100% with Beno88, yesterdays turnout from Saints fans was embarrassing.

Adelaide the week before against the Roos would have had twice as many as we had yesterday.

For some strange reason our fans don't go to away games! WTF!!!

No doubt we'll have 20,000 fans there next week - home game.

Sitting at the Saints end yesterday was depressing and demoralising! :(

I got into an argument on the St Kilda facebook page last night about the same thing! What one person said pretty much sums up the state of a vast majority of fans, It went something like "After last weeks performence, alot of us would rather watch the game in the comfort of our armchair at home"

I was there yesterday... didnt like what I saw, but I stayed until the end because thats what supporters do
well...it's what i do.......can't speak for others though..... :cry:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

I'm not going at all this year..
Oh and I have let my 32 yr membership run out.

anyone got anything to say to me?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Given we were s*** for the entire 70s and 80s - being s*** for 2 years doesnt seem too bad.

markinUSA
SS Life Member

There I was, in Melbourne this weekend, and I was wearing Saints clothes.
It was Monday, and the waiter came up to me and said something like "Gee, the Saints aren't going too well. They lost yesterday, didn't they?"
So I said "No, I think they played and they won".
My friend, another Saints fan, agreed. "Yes, they won".
"I think it was a lot, like a hundred, they won by" I said.
And with that, the waiter looked confused and left.
It was a good moment.

"Don't give up, never give up" - Robert Harvey.