Be careful what you wish for...Jamie Cripps

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Be careful what you wish for...Jamie Cripps

Jason Gram role

Would suggest that Wright, Geary and Roberton are the run and carry out of defense going fwd....

Wright has shown more in a couple of games than Cripps did in two years.... Wright is tough for a starters, proving that courage doesn't come from a birth certificate..

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Jason Gram role

Would suggest that Wright, Geary and Roberton are the run and carry out of defense going fwd....

Wright has shown more in a couple of games than Cripps did in two years.... Wright is tough for a starters, proving that courage doesn't come from a birth certificate..
Fair comment. The three players you have mentioned have been tremendous for us so far, particularly Roberton. I guess I was thinking along the lines of Cripps having more ability to snaffle the occaisional goal like Gram.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

For those who think Elshaug is better than Peake. First draft......Cripps, Crocker, Ledger .........hhmmmmm!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
Spinner wrote:
BigMart wrote:Trains well though.... When there's no opposition to worry about.

He'll always get a game early season, after tearing up the track over the summer.... The get dropped

He'll probably be delisted this year or next.

The WAFL will suit him, big open grounds and lots of uncontested footy....

Lets not forget you we're writing him off because there was no picture on him on draft day. Thus the only conclusion is that whatever you think or say means nothing.
Then why bother reading or answering his posts...especially if BM is bagging an ex Saint who faaarked us off...you complained when BM had a dig at him when he was with us and you do the same thing and bag Siposs :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Not sure I bagged Siposs. In fact I was defending Cripps by comparing his output to Siposs.

Just outlining the overreaction for our players, and the under rating of players that don't play for us by supporters. So you are welcome.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Spinner wrote:Going as well as Aaryn "We don't need Goddard" Siposs is going this year... Albeit in a far better team and more difficult to break into that ours.

Year is tracking fairly I would suggest. Young player, breaking into a new team.
Jamie Cripps, in 5 games... averaging... 9.4 disposals (4.6 effective), 2.4 marks, 1.0 goals, 1.8 inside 50s and 4.4 tackles per game.

Arryn Sippos, in 6 games... averaging... 11.8 disposals (8.8 effeective), 4.0 marks, 1.0 goals, 1.0 inside 50s and 1.7 tackles per game.

Basically Sippa is getting more of the ball and using it more effectively than Cripps, who is providing more defensive pressure than Arryn.

Good stats. And with where we are on the ladder - that makes a considerable difference.

perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

The main reason he is not getting a game is that he is no good. Never was. The sooner people stop boosting duds the better. Try looking at someone who can play for instance - like Jamie Elliott. Our recruiters must be blind drunk when they so easily accept players with no physique, no skills and no talent.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I would hope Cripps is providing more defensive pressure than Siposs

One is a medium/tall marking HF

The other a small runner

I think you'll find 90% of the players who head the tackle numbers are mids/small fwds

Richter
SS Life Member

Agreed, but Cripps is an outside player, really needs to get more uncontested ball than he does and then to use it effectively. IMO we were really quite fortunate that West Coast gave us anything for him as he would not have been picked up by anyone else and if they really wanted him they could have had him with their 4th rounder or as a delisted free agent.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Watts the Buzz
Club Player

BigMart wrote:Jason Gram role

Would also add Jimmy Webster to this list....think he'll be a terrific run and carry player streaming out of defence.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

why do we need to bag Cripps? He was going pretty well at the Saints and was a shame to lose him.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:why do we need to bag Cripps? He was going pretty well at the Saints and was a shame to lose him.
Exactly.

He's gone now and we did okay out of it. Live and let live.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:For those who think Elshaug is better than Peake. First draft......Cripps, Crocker, Ledger .........hhmmmmm!

Not true.

falka
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
White Winmar wrote:For those who think Elshaug is better than Peake. First draft......Cripps, Crocker, Ledger .........hhmmmmm!

Not true.
Exactly, this was Peake at work. Remember a poster talking about talking with him and said Crocker would be a nice player in a few years!

We did get Siposs, but there was a long wait and debate. Who were we deciding between besides Siposs and who got their way??

Rosco
Club Player

MC Gusto wrote:What did we get for Walsh? Was it newnes? Good trading with 20/20 hindsight! I'll be the first to admit I was wrong about the Irish 'superstar'
We got picks 35 & 68 = markworth and wilkes, 2011 draft

Newnes was 37, could make an argument that we would've missed newnes without getting pick 35

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

I don't see why we care at all about Cripps at all. He delivered very little and walked. I don't think he'll achieve success, nor do I want him to as an opponent. He did nothing to earn footy respect. He'll be found out by woosha.

Ball and BJ have my respect.... They delivered for many years and bled for the club.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I don't see why we care at all about Cripps at all. He delivered very little and walked. I don't think he'll achieve success, nor do I want him to as an opponent. He did nothing to earn footy respect. He'll be found out by woosha.

Ball and BJ have my respect.... They delivered for many years and bled for the club.

yes.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

More apologist crap.... Perhaps some personal discrediting or lying?...

Happy days

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:More apologist crap.... Perhaps some personal discrediting or lying?...

Happy days

Who are you addressing the post to? Why dont you quote. It would make it easier for people to write back to you. And again its the wrong forum. TV shows should be on the general forum. BM you need to catch up.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

falka wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Not true.
Exactly, this was Peake at work. Remember a poster talking about talking with him and said Crocker would be a nice player in a few years!

We did get Siposs, but there was a long wait and debate. Who were we deciding between besides Siposs and who got their way??
Sorry guys, but I was there at the time. Peake did the handover to Elshaug for the 2010 draft. Sure, much of the work was done by J P and his team, but Elshaug made the final calls, both in the background and for the draft itself.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:
falka wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Sorry guys, but I was there at the time. Peake did the handover to Elshaug for the 2010 draft. Sure, much of the work was done by J P and his team, but Elshaug made the final calls, both in the background and for the draft itself.
Seems Peake resigned in December 2010 - I think it would be very very unfair to blame Elshaug for November 2010. Most likely Elshaug relied entirely on Peakes work, notes and rankings. If some bloke who has been there all year and done all the work is sitting next to you - you go with their work. Thats human nature.. All the work is done well before actual draft day.

2011 and 12 - when we can definitely say they were entirely Elshaugs years have been sensational for us.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Fair enough argument, Con, and there's no doubt that JP's work would've formed the basis of some decisions. What annoys me, however, is that the poor decisions are blamed on JP'S work, whereas Elshaug is treated like some sort of genius, which I think I'm safe in saying, he's not.

MThe tension and lack of communication between the two at the last meeting I attended with them was palpable. The clear impression I got was that neither man cared a great deal for the other, or their opinions. I may be wrong about that, but I doubt it. There may be arguments over who did what and when, but Elshaug had a major say in the decisions made at the 2010 draft, as he was, notionally at least in that period, in charge. JP was well and truly on the outer by then.

ace
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
Old Mate wrote:I think Saunders, pav

Or TDL?
Whilst we rubbish Cripps let's not forget our marvel recruit TDL.
Oops I had already forgotten he existed.
What does TDL stand for again.

The more you know, the more you know you don't know.
When I was a young child, I knew that I knew so much about so much.
Now that I am old and know so much more, I know that I know so much about so little, and so little about so much.

If you are not engaging AI actively and aggressively, you are doing it wrong.
You are not going to lose your job to AI.
You are going lose your job to somebody who uses AI.
Your company is not going to go out of business because of AI.
Your company is going to go out of business because another company used AI.
- Jensen Huang, CEO of NVIDIA
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

We got Markworth for Walsh.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.