The Filth

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

damienc
Club Player

The Filth

It's not often that I feel compelled to hit the keyboard to talk about another football club.

Especially on this forum. But this week i've felt it is almost a moral duty.

There are parts of the Collingwood football club that are a vile disgrace. Rotten to the core.

I'm not talking about the coach or the players. I still have a soft spot for Luke Ball even though he no longer wears a jumper that includes the color red.

No, I'm talking about some if not most of the filth's supporters and its President. People on this forum call them the filth and rightly so.

Well this week they well and truly lived up to their reputation. First of all we had a 13 year old girl disrespect one of the greats of the game in Adam Goodes.

A man who is everything that his name suggests. A fantastic ambassador for his people.

Now I know what you are going to say. The girl didn't know what she was saying. She is young and foolish.

I don't buy it. She knew what she was saying. It's part of that Collingwood Us versus them mentality. They can't help themselves

You ask some of the old time players about their experiences when they had the misfortune to play at Victoria Park. You could see the saliva dripping from the mesh in the player's race.

That is what we are dealing with. And now we have their President finally showing his true colours if you will pardon the pun.

That was also no slip of the tongue. Eddie meant every word and now he's in strife. Big strife. And so he should be.

If it costs him the Presidency good riddance I say.

GrumpyOne
Saintsational Legend
Location: Kicked out of the Coffee Shop, Settlement Pub, Cranbourne

Re: The Filth

Quite so Damien.

Australia...... Live it like we stole it....... Because we did.
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Ed the Bogun repeatedly claimed that he phased out and didn't know what he was saying. I actually accept the fact that he phased out, but I think the 'phase out' resulted in him forgetting that he was on air and thinking he was just talking to a couple of blokes. He basically tried to make a puerile and dumb joke based on his d**khead member's slur of Goodes. You know ape = King Kong (Oh what stunning wit). Then the f**k knuckle realised he was on air.

The truth of the matter is that the idiot meant what he said.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moorabbin Man wrote:Ed the Bogun repeatedly claimed that he phased out and didn't know what he was saying. I actually accept the fact that he phased out, but I think the 'phase out' resulted in him forgetting that he was on air and thinking he was just talking to a couple of blokes. He basically tried to make a puerile and dumb joke based on his d**khead member's slur of Goodes. You know ape = King Kong (Oh what stunning wit). Then the f**k knuckle realised he was on air.

The truth of the matter is that the idiot meant what he said.
amen brother...filth is filth and always will be.....must have forgotten where he was......but not a hanging offence in the circumstances...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

damienc wrote:It's not often that I feel compelled to hit the keyboard to talk about another football club.

There are parts of the Collingwood football club that are a vile disgrace. Rotten to the core.

I'm not talking about the coach or the players. I still have a soft spot for Luke Ball even though he no longer wears a jumper that includes the color red.

No, I'm talking about some if not most of the filth's supporters and its President. People on this forum call them the filth and rightly so.

Well this week they well and truly lived up to their reputation. First of all we had a 13 year old girl disrespect one of the greats of the game in Adam Goodes.

A man who is everything that his name suggests. A fantastic ambassador for his people.

Now I know what you are going to say. The girl didn't know what she was saying. She is young and foolish.

I don't buy it. She knew what she was saying. It's part of that Collingwood Us versus them mentality. They can't help themselves

You ask some of the old time players about their experiences when they had the misfortune to play at Victoria Park. You could see the saliva dripping from the mesh in the player's race.

That is what we are dealing with. And now we have their President finally showing his true colours if you will pardon the pun.

That was also no slip of the tongue. Eddie meant every word and now he's in strife. Big strife. And so he should be.

Quite so Damien.

The whole premise of the Collingwood Football Clubs marketing which encourages the type of behaviour we have all seen is "Might is Right" as long as they are a mighty club then up until now their President has been able to get away with his bullying tactics.

Hence I will no longer go to a Collingwood home game again. You don't have to be aboriginal to be taunted , try being a woman who actually able to stand up and express an opinion. Last year we were told of St kilda ladies who were threatened with sexual assault whilst sitting in the Afl Reserve or a recent tale from a Geelong supporter whose wife is articulate and who challenged the homophobic responses directed at Joel Selwood. Their response? Go to the theatre if you don't like it. All I hear from this mob is the threats and taunts of a group of bullies who receive confirmation of their behaviour because for years they have got away with it. And will probably continue to do so, because they can.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

They have the most supporters. Makes sense that they would have the most morons. I've heard some pretty ordinary stuff from our supporters at the footy. We are not immune.

Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:They have the most supporters. Makes sense that they would have the most morons. I've heard some pretty ordinary stuff from our supporters at the footy. We are not immune.
Morons attract morons.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Morons are the target market for CFC.
The whole them versus us, the Collingwood Army, all ploys to attract those who may not belong to any other social group or activity, the more marginalised of society. No-one else will accept them but Collingwood except for some (not all) fail to understand there are general rules of accepted behaviour nor up until now have they been challenged by the club.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:
damienc wrote:It's not often that I feel compelled to hit the keyboard to talk about another football club.

Quite so Damien.

The whole premise of the Collingwood Football Clubs marketing which encourages the type of behaviour we have all seen is "Might is Right" as long as they are a mighty club then up until now their President has been able to get away with his bullying tactics.

Hence I will no longer go to a Collingwood home game again. You don't have to be aboriginal to be taunted , try being a woman who actually able to stand up and express an opinion. Last year we were told of St kilda ladies who were threatened with sexual assault whilst sitting in the Afl Reserve or a recent tale from a Geelong supporter whose wife is articulate and who challenged the homophobic responses directed at Joel Selwood. Their response? Go to the theatre if you don't like it. All I hear from this mob is the threats and taunts of a group of bullies who receive confirmation of their behaviour because for years they have got away with it. And will probably continue to do so, because they can.

maybe i was 6 or 7...8 tops......i attended moron park with my dad dressed as usual in my saints jumper shorts and shocks as i was a regular mascot for my beloved saints........we got thrashed ...and as we were leaving i got spat on by a couple of drunk adult filth males..........have never forgotten or forgiven....scum of the earth imhfo....have never changed either......ratbag lower working class(or unemployed) toothless tatooed morons.......i'm told that the filth have the largest following amongst our prison population too........stands to reason..... :evil: :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
HelenR
Club Player

I remember going to Vic Park as a teenager and was waiting for some friends after the game when a woman with what looked to be her grandchildren, came up to me and made a disgusting remark about the flag I was holding in my hand. Never forgotten it. Hate Collingwood.

Moorabbin Man
Club Player

I have found memories of a big game against the fillth at the MCG that we won by a kick, I think it was 1991 (the game when Ken Sheldon pulled Devonport over the fence). Devonport kicked the winner in the dying moments with a banana on the run (when he perhaps should have handballed to McAdam in the square). When the final siren went I leapt up to my feet to celebrate and was attacked by an umbrella wielding Filth granny. It was unbelievable she was belting me with her umbrella for cheering the Saints. I responded by dancing in front of her and drawing her attention to the Scoreboard. The old crone went into an umbrella wielding frenzy as her spittle flew in all directions.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

We all have stories of the foul behaviour from CFC supporters over the past hree or four decades, but what I find scary, there is no change in the behaviour of the generations now attending the game.

In some way it is worse, because they have the self-belieft they can get away with it just because they are Collingwood.

Eddie, as part of your punishment and or re-education , how about you appear of a video to be shown to your supporters both on the website, "The Club" or at the game, and do a bit of mea culpa and not ask, or implore, but insist the collective behaviour improves.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

My story on an encounter with Collingwood supporters at Victoria Park and it had to be pre 1990- there was an old bloke (mid 70s or 80s) or got me and other Saints supporters so riled up I can remember screaming at this old coot
"You'll be dead before they win the next flag" and he probably was!

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

ozrulestrace wrote:My story on an encounter with Collingwood supporters at Victoria Park and it had to be pre 1990- there was an old bloke (mid 70s or 80s) or got me and other Saints supporters so riled up I can remember screaming at this old coot
"You'll be dead before they win the next flag" and he probably was!
He could of just said " right back at you" :wink:

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

Cant agree more with the posts here.

Ive been spat on at a game against the Filth and threatened with violence before id even taken my seat. My brother and I were walking down the steps at the MCG and a rough looking Filth fan looked us dead in the eye and said "You two F****ts open your traps today and ill f***ing kill yous" he then spat at us which landed (thankfully) on my shoe. We turned and sat in another section with his laughter trailing behind us, pretty unnerving stuff

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum