Eddie Must Resign

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Fidelis
Club Player

Re: Eddie Must Resign

Eddie's problem the stand he made on the weekend. There were two allegations of racist behaviour from Collingwood fans at the G and the club's response was that if they were members, they would be stripped of their membership. Clearly remaining as president of the club is incompatible with that stand. To my mind he either resigns or signals that their first response was just saying whatever needed to be said to win the PR battle.

On another note, we need to look a little deeper than a dictionary to understand the force of calling someone an ape. It's clearly picking up on a theme used for centuries to indicate that certain races are less evolved (and therefore closer to the monkeys) than the rest of us. It was the major argument used to justify slavery. Let's not dumb down the argument too much

Faithful Even Unto Death
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

There was a woman that rang up his radio show today and said that she'd been a collingwood member for twenty years, and ed is the least racist person she knows.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

I still can't believe he went there. A dreadful Freudian slip.

Turns out Eddie is the new Alan McAllister. Hopefully the bone will get pointed at him and the Filth Army.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:There was a woman that rang up his radio show today and said that she'd been a collingwood member for twenty years, and ed is the least racist person she knows.
Mrs McGuire?

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"
markp
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:I still can't believe he went there. A dreadful Freudian slip.

Turns out Eddie is the new Alan McAllister. Hopefully the bone will get pointed at him and the Filth Army.
His bizarre excuse makes me think he said exactly what he meant.

He was thinking the exact opposite... but said "do you think they'll get Goodesy to promote it?"

At least mcallister's claim that he meant 'as long as they behave like everyone else' rather than just 'white people' made some sort of sense.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

....eddie is two faced i know.......hasn't said boo about the filth directed by his filth at milney...and that is something i will never forgive him for......[/quote]

Hypocrit bogan. What about an appology for this Eddie? When coach Malthouse abused Milne, Eddie just denied it. Since then the filth crowd chant abuse at Milne. This is far worse than a one-off isolated comment from one member of the crowd.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote: In another thread you basically said what the girl said wasnt racist but now it is Eddie you want him to resign and he didnt call anyone an ape. I knew a few would change their mind because it is Eddie.
I actually said it depends on the context the word is used, and I doubt the girl was being racist.

There is not doubt about what Eddie was saying.

You actually said this which I cant beleive so i have no idea why you should Eddie should resign based on king Kong.

I just looked up "Ape" in a very basic dictionary and the second definition is:

"an unintelligent or clumsy person"

No reference whatever to being a racist comment.
What did the first definition say p66? I bet it didn't mention the species, homo sapien.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

kosifantutti wrote:
satchmo wrote:There was a woman that rang up his radio show today and said that she'd been a collingwood member for twenty years, and ed is the least racist person she knows.
Mrs McGuire?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Dont try and get out of saying something stupid. I reckon the dictionary doesnt say King Kong is racist either. Just another Fonzie. Cant say the word I was wrrrrooo.
You really are up youself!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Dont try and get out of saying something stupid. I reckon the dictionary doesnt say King Kong is racist either. Just another Fonzie. Cant say the word I was wrrrrooo.
You really are up youself!

That makes as much sense as the ape is a racist word because it isnt in the dictionary. You can be strange sometimes.