Twitter

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Twitter

What is it with this stupid medium that makes AFL players want to make comments about other peoples actions and portraying themselves as self righteous individuals.

Nic Natinui, Harry O'Brien??

Who cares what they think. Just play footy and leave the twittering to twits

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Re: Twitter

It brings fans closer to the players. It gives an insight into the players thoughts and personality. I don't mind it.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I love they have a voice, hope to hear more of it

markp
Saintsational Legend

You don't have to subscribe... but yeah they do report celebrity tweets as 'news' which can be annoying, although interesting/funny on occasion.

What I really cant stand is when they constantly run a tweet feed along the bottom of the screen on a tv show, like Q and A.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

You would only 'hear' what they say if you chose to follow them I guess...

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Our boys never have anything juicy to say though....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:You don't have to subscribe... but yeah they do report celebrity tweets as 'news' which can be annoying, although interesting/funny on occasion.

What I really cant stand is when they constantly run a tweet feed along the bottom of the screen on a tv show, like Q and A.

Dave Warner covered himself in glory recently too. Not only do they report celeb tweets as news, apparently what's happening on Master Chef and The Biggest Loser is also front page news. Jo Lo's and Brad's romance troubles are also important. The dumbing down is in full swing.

Don't think. Just consume.

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Our boys never have anything juicy to say though....
THANKFULLY !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:You would only 'hear' what they say if you chose to follow them I guess...
I don't follow them. Sometimes their tweets are reported in the papers as sn addon to a story or they stream them during Friday night footy. I personally don't care what they think.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
dragit wrote:You would only 'hear' what they say if you chose to follow them I guess...
I don't follow them. Sometimes their tweets are reported in the papers as sn addon to a story or they stream them during Friday night footy. I personally don't care what they think.
True, I forgot about that... I guess they like to share the opinions of other players during a game etc... Mostly pretty mind-numbing, with the occasional dig about a high bump or tagging tactics.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Social media is a recipe for disaster, especially if you're a dumb footballer

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

look i dont have a twitter accound cause honestly i barely have enough time to check my facebook never mind twitter but the whole idea of it i must admit i like .. i like the little insight into people that you idolise lives , it also helps you form a better opinion on a person other than that of their percieved persona ...

although i must admit i do hate it when shows have scrolling tweets from just the general public at the bottom of the screen ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:look i dont have a twitter accound cause honestly i barely have enough time to check my facebook never mind twitter but the whole idea of it i must admit i like .. i like the little insight into people that you idolise lives , it also helps you form a better opinion on a person other than that of their percieved persona ...

although i must admit i do hate it when shows have scrolling tweets from just the general public at the bottom of the screen ...
agree fully.
No account as well for me, but I like the freedom of twitter, it can wipe out media censorship.
Media reports are ALWAYS skewed and don't report the truth, twitter has made them accountable.
They are scared to misquote famous ppl because those ppl will clarify via twitter.
Very important safeguard against media bias.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

Dave Warner- apparently there were rumours of money in his cricket bag, etc
He took aim at 2 writers who have probably never played sport in their lives, who took shots at him a la Caroline Wilson; reporters think they can abuse sportspeople in public, I don't blame him for what he did.
Right of reply. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" etc

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

I can't remember if it was footy or cricket but a year or so ago I was at some sporting event and they kept running people from the crowd's tweets on the scoreboard and it made me feel like stabbing somebody with something sharp - probably the idiot putting them up there in the first place. Why the hell would they think that we care what some random idiot from the crowd thinks about what's unfolding before us? There was nothing insightful, it was clearly just a way to make some dickheads feel special because their twitter handle was in the public domain and it's the closest they'll ever get to being famous. Such an inane form of communication...

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:Dave Warner- apparently there were rumours of money in his cricket bag, etc
He took aim at 2 writers who have probably never played sport in their lives, who took shots at him a la Caroline Wilson; reporters think they can abuse sportspeople in public, I don't blame him for what he did.
Right of reply. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" etc
Agree with right of reply, but did you read what he actually wrote?

Reminds me of something I learned at work over the years. If someone else at work has really pissed you off and you want to give them an emotive serve, by all means write it, but don't send it. Once you've emailed, tweeted, FB'ed or whatever there's no taking it back. Warner made himself look like a fool with his choice of language and insults. Would have been much more powerful coming from him just addressing the injustice without the insults and slurs. Maybe he doesn't know how. He's only 26.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend

St byron, you just made a very impressive point & made me back-track a bit.
Yep, Warner acted like a 14 year old girl in the way that he did it.
Had he taken aim at the 2 vegies in a cold "Vulcan" type of wording, he would've earned so much respect. Instead, ppl quite rightly say he spat the dummy big time.
Hopefully he will learn from this.