Anyone who still thinks Watters ...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: Anyone who still thinks Watters ...

3rd generation saint wrote:Two weeks ago he out coached Mick Malthouse.
Are you kidding?
Mick took 3 quarters to make a change that most people would have made at the end of the first. We hung on for dear life, but it was hardly a tactical victory.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

He's doing ok IMO but needs to show he's also got some guts and drop senior players that are not trying hard enough. He's shown that he doesn't mind calling them out publicly and so now needs to take the next step and drop them to send a message.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:He's doing ok IMO but needs to show he's also got some guts and drop senior players that are not trying hard enough. He's shown that he doesn't mind calling them out publicly and so now needs to take the next step and drop them to send a message.

I can never see how a person can tell if a player isnt trying hard enough. maybe they are just out of form or confidence or age is catching up. Why wouldnt they try hard enough anyway? There is no logical reason.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:He's doing ok IMO but needs to show he's also got some guts and drop senior players that are not trying hard enough. He's shown that he doesn't mind calling them out publicly and so now needs to take the next step and drop them to send a message.

I can never see how a person can tell if a player isnt trying hard enough. maybe they are just out of form or confidence or age is catching up. Why wouldnt they try hard enough anyway? There is no logical reason.
It's because you never have any idea.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Your posts are dumbing me down. This one is a perfect example.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have no idea why my posts are dumbing you down but I am glad that they are having some effect on you. My dog says hi! He loves the smell of your posts.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

I have no idea why my posts are dumbing you down but I am glad that they are having some effect on you. My dog says hi! He loves the smell of your posts.

I was hoping your dog was typing your posts. Then we could understand the logic. Hi Rin Tin Tin.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I was hoping your dog was typing your posts. Then we could understand the logic. Hi Rin Tin Tin.
Still no idea and still going the man!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

And i thought you posted these words. Is it because you never have any idea. Of course that is going the man.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

And i thought you posted these words. Is it because you never have any idea. Of course that is going the man.
A deer with out eyes. What else have you got. I'm bored.

The Bluff
Club Player

I agree with this, IMO Sam fisher has been very ordinary this year but lack of a suitable replacement probably keeps him in the team. Really need some leadership for our young guys in the backhalf, Roo has certainly given plenty up front.

I believe Scott waters has done a good job. Supporters need to accept where we are at and be patient. Cant see much improvement coming next year and waters should be given 2015 at least to get the team moving up the ladder.

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

How many here wanted to sack GT after 2 seasons?

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

3rd generation saint wrote:How many here wanted to sack GT after 2 seasons?

Difference and probably nothing to do with either coach is we are still on the way down after SW second ear. After GT second year we were at the bottom. Im unsure will also come up so quickly as we are unlikely to get 2 priorty picks like we did back then.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Lack of effort and intensity from the players. They aren't playing for him and they aren't buying into the game plan

- The physical condition of the list. The players are weak, thin and unfit compared to every other list in the AFL. The training and strength and conditioning regime obviously isn't up to scratch
Interesting points. I hope you are wrong about both.

saint6709
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
mad saint guy wrote:Lack of effort and intensity from the players. They aren't playing for him and they aren't buying into the game plan

- The physical condition of the list. The players are weak, thin and unfit compared to every other list in the AFL. The training and strength and conditioning regime obviously isn't up to scratch
Interesting points. I hope you are wrong about both.
I think we have just been behind the times in terms of recruitment - have gone for light running types - problem is none of them are very fast - and times have moved on you need some real muscle in the midfield and super fast athletes on the outside - our guys are none of these things - hopefully the younger guys will be more like it - we need a brute to play as an on baller - hopefully murdoch can be it - I would be playing simpkin in the centre for the zebs - he's too small for full back and not getting a game anyway - but would be hard tought and BIG as a centreman - probably can't run - but I'd like to find out

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

30 games into Lyon's tenure people were spouting the same stuff, and he had inherited a much better list than Watters.

Admittedly, there are some worrying aspects about the the way the team is performing, most notably in clearances, but I think we need to be realistic about a team that has no genuine key defenders, has only half a dozen players who can play in the midfield, and is depending on a couple of 30 year olds to kick most of its goals.

What did we really expect? Accept reality and forget about putting the coach's head in a guillotine.

Newnes, Ross, Webster, Saunders, Wright, Murdoch and co. will need 30 to 40 games behind them before they truly find their feet, and by that stage Jones, Milne, Hayes, Koschitzke, Schneider, and probably Ray will be gone.

Watters is in a very unenviable position. Give him the time to build a new group. In the meantime, we're going to see some frustrating performances.