Saints Linked To James Frawley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Saints Linked To James Frawley

We are forgetting Chips is contracted. He cant just be shipped off to the highest bidder if he doesnt agree with it. Family connection is huge, and I would say if he was to put the acid of his club, we would be a big chance

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:We are forgetting Chips is contracted. He cant just be shipped off to the highest bidder if he doesnt agree with it. Family connection is huge, and I would say if he was to put the acid of his club, we would be a big chance

Melbourne have to make the decsion as to whether he will walk for free a the end of 2014. If they believe he will they may want to get what they can at the end of this year.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

CURLY wrote:
St Ick wrote:We are forgetting Chips is contracted. He cant just be shipped off to the highest bidder if he doesnt agree with it. Family connection is huge, and I would say if he was to put the acid of his club, we would be a big chance

Melbourne have to make the decsion as to whether he will walk for free a the end of 2014. If they believe he will they may want to get what they can at the end of this year.
Correct. Unless a club want to make a statement about being pushed around at the trade table (like us with Luke Ball, and that went well :roll: ) then they will look to maximise the return if a guy tells them he wants out. If Frawley has said he wants out at the end of the contract Melbourne will do better out of it if they trade him whilst he is still contracted. I could see us offering Ray and a second rounder

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
southernsaint
Club Player

I would love to see frawley at the saints next year but i just cant see it. Mark neeld wont be there so i think they will keep him

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

CURLY wrote:

Yes but the point is the decision is Frawleys due to being contracted for a year. Its not the clubs decision to make as to where he gets traded to whilst under contract

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

St Ick wrote:
CURLY wrote:

Yes but the point is the decision is Frawleys due to being contracted for a year. Its not the clubs decision to make as to where he gets traded to whilst under contract
Thats correct that is why they have to discuss with him whether he wants to leave or stay.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
taz
Club Player

I think it unseemly to be circling with vultures trying to pick over the caucus of a team that is clearly suffering. If he is a good player and has got any heart he should stay at Melbourne and fight to the end.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

taz wrote:I think it unseemly to be circling with vultures trying to pick over the caucus of a team that is clearly suffering. If he is a good player and has got any heart he should stay at Melbourne and fight to the end.

LOL......

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

taz wrote:I think it unseemly to be circling with vultures trying to pick over the caucus of a team that is clearly suffering. If he is a good player and has got any heart he should stay at Melbourne and fight to the end.
While I agree to some extent....What are Melbourne doing to motivate the players to stay? I honestly feel sorry for the talented kids around the nation who are drafted to Melbourne without any say where they go. Not the kids drafted lower down the order because they would be happy just to be on an AFL list. I'm talking about young players such as Toumpas and Hogan. Recent history suggests the Demons lack of player development has and will continue to ruin careers.

Richter
SS Life Member

Old Mate wrote:
While I agree to some extent....What are Melbourne doing to motivate the players to stay? I honestly feel sorry for the talented kids around the nation who are drafted to Melbourne without any say where they go. Not the kids drafted lower down the order because they would be happy just to be on an AFL list. I'm talking about young players such as Toumpas and Hogan. Recent history suggests the Demons lack of player development has and will continue to ruin careers.
Take your hand off it Taz.

I'd take Frawley (24) and Watts (22) for our 1st and 2nd picks and Sylvia (27) in free agency.

Schneider and Milne to retire; Milera, TDL and Maister to be delisted.
Trade-bait - Gilbert, Ray

That would give us a 'double-chipped back-line' and a team in 2014 of...

Gwilt Frawley Dempster
Roberton Fisher Wright
Montagna Hayes Dal Santo
Ross Watts Newnes
Saad Riewoldt Sylvia

Steven McEvoy Armitage

Int: Stanley Geary Siposs Webster

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
bigred
Saintsational Legend

I chortle.

Watts is a cabbage.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

True Believer wrote:

LOL......
I feel sorry for them, but they would do it to us, and we have been shafted a few times over the years so stufftgem
Last edited by Stillwaiting on Thu 23 May 2013 7:30pm, edited 1 time in total.

I love this club
dragit
Saintsational Legend

Stillwaiting wrote:
True Believer wrote:

LOL......
I feel sorry for them, but they would do it to us, and we have been shafted a few tea over the years so stufftgem
I like the sentiment, but even if we weren't having a close look at their players, 16 other clubs still are.