Wright to miss 1 - 2 weeks with Fractured jaw

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Re: Wright to miss 1 - 2 weeks with Fractured jaw

The OtherThommo wrote:Huge rap for the kid. His coaches are getting him to concentrate on the defensive side early, yet he still does an enormous amount of support running if we've got the pill. The 17.5K figure mentioned earlier doesn't surprise. It was the NAB Cup game vs Sydney - he played a lot of game time for a junior burger, yet he was running better than just about everybody late. And, it was warm.
Coupla handballs were a little untidy on Monday night, but his effort overwhelms any criticism. But, the kick to Rooey's advantage after he'd run from deep to back up and receive was what we'll see more and more of from the young bloke. He just tries so damn hard, you know with a little experience will come the composure. He tackles like he means it - a couple of his tackles on Monday were technically superb and full of intent. And, he sat Cloke on his freckle v Pies when he had little momentum when Cloke barged into him. And, we haven't seen him attack the ball in the air yet, which he can do with aplomb.
Unlike some who see advantage in him having a coupla weeks off, I'm disappointed for the kid. It's rare these days for a kid to do well from the get go in his first year, and Nathan was doing better than well. He's rarely beaten in 1 in 1's, and does all the right team things. His hands are good, he's a quick, strong runner with good endurance and he looks like he's got a footy brain. And, he's driven.
The kid will be a star. Whoever it was earlier who opined Wright's start is a 10 year rarity for us is close. Very few kids start this well these days.
I also read someone else mention a comparison between Gram's game and Wright's. I'll just say Nathan Wright is already a lot of things Jason Gram never was. That's not a criticism of Gram, just a recognition this kid has a game that already looks better rounded than Gram's, without being shy of Gram's attacking strength.
A way to go, but it's hard not to be excited about what may be. Just love seeing talented kids develop.
Thanks for that Grant

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, thanks heaps Grant.

:roll:

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:Yeah, thanks heaps Grant.

How come I attract all the knobs that frequent this site.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

:lol:

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

Are you censoring yourself you dumb old soft c*ck.

:lol:

This is what you originally wrote you silly fool.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:

How come I attract all the knobs that frequent this site.. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Knob magnet, makes sense I guess.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

Wise words indeed. :)

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
bobmurray wrote:

You must be right...why else would I find so many of them...I've got the biggest one blowing me right now

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

You're pathetic Bob. Grow up.

bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

Some people shouldn't drink...we get to see how ugly they are

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Grand to see such analytical follow ups to a considered opinion about a good young footballer. And, where does the "Grant" tag come from and how in the hell is it relevant? 2013, a kid in his first season, having a real crack, showing real promise and the relics hark back to the days of yore with nonsense.
If I was easily offended I might wonder. But, I'm not, so I won't, 'cos it's dead set boring. I just love watching Nathan Wright go about his early work, and that's the point.
But, I'm encouraged now. Nathan Wright will have a career that will stamp him in the top 5 from his draft year. Kudos to Elshaugh and his tribe - they've got us a good 'un. We endured the Jesse Smith and Adam Pattinson fiascos, now we're heartened.
More bravado now - White will make it, so will Lee, Murdoch, Saunders and Pierce from last year. "Make it" doesn't mean champions, just they will have good careers befitting their talent. Webster is a lock to make it from the year before, and I reckon he'll be better than a good AFL footballer.
Love the path we're on.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Grand to see such analytical follow ups to a considered opinion about a good young footballer. And, where does the "Grant" tag come from and how in the hell is it relevant? 2013, a kid in his first season, having a real crack, showing real promise and the relics hark back to the days of yore with nonsense.
If I was easily offended I might wonder. But, I'm not, so I won't, 'cos it's dead set boring. I just love watching Nathan Wright go about his early work, and that's the point.
But, I'm encouraged now. Nathan Wright will have a career that will stamp him in the top 5 from his draft year. Kudos to Elshaugh and his tribe - they've got us a good 'un. We endured the Jesse Smith and Adam Pattinson fiascos, now we're heartened.
More bravado now - White will make it, so will Lee, Murdoch, Saunders and Pierce from last year. "Make it" doesn't mean champions, just they will have good careers befitting their talent. Webster is a lock to make it from the year before, and I reckon he'll be better than a good AFL footballer.
Love the path we're on.
Thanks again Grant... :D

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I remember Bob Murray being a rather sublime individual, sanguine about football and life. Played a gittar, from memory, just for relaxation. He was also a man of few and considered words - a man, who when he spoke, people huddled around to take in his wisdom, for he did not waste words.
I don't remember Bob as a cynical smartarse with jack shyte to contribute.
Maybe the interwebs would have poisoned Bob's outlook, too. Prolly not, 'cos Bob seemed cognisant of his limitations, unlike some who choose to consider themselves devastatingly witty, with an utterly ephemeral foundation.
Mind you, I didn't know Bob well.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:I remember Bob Murray being a rather sublime individual, sanguine about football and life. Played a gittar, from memory, just for relaxation. He was also a man of few and considered words - a man, who when he spoke, people huddled around to take in his wisdom, for he did not waste words.
I don't remember Bob as a cynical smartarse with jack shyte to contribute.
Maybe the interwebs would have poisoned Bob's outlook, too. Prolly not, 'cos Bob seemed cognisant of his limitations, unlike some who choose to consider themselves devastatingly witty, with an utterly ephemeral foundation.
Mind you, I didn't know Bob well.
The real Bob Murray may be different but the one here is an absolute cockhead.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
sasaint
Club Player

The OtherThommo wrote: Love the path we're on.
+1. :)

Patience young grasshopper