Tom McDonald

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Re: Tom McDonald

Any chance of staying on topic gents?

savatage
SS Life Member

So I'm wrong....who cares. Back to topic, he would be a very good get - right age profile, I'd still go for another big KPD. Can't have enough depth in that area.

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

savatage wrote:I'd still go for another big KPD. Can't have enough depth in that area.
I suggested Josh Bruce of GWS during the summer, and I stand by it still.

Hasn't set the world on fire, but it's been a tough slog for those boys, particularly this year, and (at least with the kids) GWS hasn't been in the business of picking duds. Like McDonald, he'll be 21 next year, great size at 197cm and 94kgs. From Canberra, so 'home' not an issue either way.

They're going to have to lock away the 'stars' like Cameron and Patton, so something is going to have to give.

savatage
SS Life Member

Can't say I've ever seen him play. I'd also go a Toby Greene/Adam Treloar type for the midfield.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Uncle Barrels wrote:As a example (albeit far fetched), would we entertain an EPL-style trade for him?

Melbourne need hardness, run and experience in my view; would we be able to convince them that Curren or Ledger, plus Ray and a low pick? Would Staley for instance have any currency at all? We're going to have to pay overs, even hypothetically, if we want to get a bright young KP player, even com Melbourne.

What is an EPL style trade? With money?

Uncle Barrels
Club Player

Spinner wrote:
Uncle Barrels wrote:As a example (albeit far fetched), would we entertain an EPL-style trade for him?

Melbourne need hardness, run and experience in my view; would we be able to convince them that Curren or Ledger, plus Ray and a low pick? Would Staley for instance have any currency at all? We're going to have to pay overs, even hypothetically, if we want to get a bright young KP player, even com Melbourne.

What is an EPL style trade? With money?
Complex