Demonland

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

Re: Demonland

Reminds me of Saints in the late 70's.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

suss wrote:If ever a team needed a discretionery priority pick, it's Melbourne, right now ... and yet because everyone knows they tanked the AFL will be pillared if they give them one. Not sure I feel sorry for them - they stuck with Bailey while he had the audacity to grind their club into the ground in pursuit of draft picks. Hmmm ... tough one.

Does anyone know where the priority picks land - start of the draft or end of the first round?
They might have tanked but everyone knows Carlton did before them (remember the "Bryce Gibbs Cup"?) and Collingwood in the year they drafted Daisy Thomas. It's a farcical situation in which the Demons are the only team officially exposed, charged half a million they can ill-afford, and propped up by the AFL anyway.

It's more hypocrisy and corruption that encourages cheating.

shmic_s
Club Player

suss wrote:If ever a team needed a discretionery priority pick, it's Melbourne, right now ... and yet because everyone knows they tanked the AFL will be pillared if they give them one. Not sure I feel sorry for them - they stuck with Bailey while he had the audacity to grind their club into the ground in pursuit of draft picks. Hmmm ... tough one.

Does anyone know where the priority picks land - start of the draft or end of the first round?
I suspect it would be like the free agency. They'll have some secret recepie that determines it.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

God! Just watched Neeld's presser...the guy has to go...NFI. Poor bugger sounds punch drunk.

Nee!
Griggsy
SS Life Member

I feel for whoever their 1st round pick is.

The club is going nowhere if they lose even more players. Will be a long turn around.

Greg T
Club Player

fugazi wrote:God! Just watched Neeld's presser...the guy has to go...NFI. Poor bugger sounds punch drunk.
He looked liked a beaten man,waffling on about stats etc,but it was a hideous press conference.
Certainly supporters and sponsers wouldn't be happy .
Club in crisis no doubt.He won't last too long.
Well done Gary Lyon .....NFI

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Something seriously wrong at that whole club
They need more change than just sacking the coach every 2 years.
Darwin Demons?

supersaints
Club Player

Neeld was doomed the day he invited the cameras into his speech to the players before a game, said some ridiculous things and showed he had no idea about coaching or motivation. It seemed obvious that the players were embarrassed. Apparently appointed on Malthouses recommendation to Gary Lion without more normal selection process and interviews.
He has absolutely no NFI 

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
supersaints
Club Player

Neeld was doomed the day he invited the cameras into his speech to the players before a game, said some ridiculous things and showed he had no idea about coaching or motivation. It seemed obvious that the players were embarrassed. Apparently appointed on Malthouses recommendation to Gary Lion without more normal selection process and interviews.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!
Saints43
Club Player

fugazi wrote:God! Just watched Neeld's presser...the guy has to go...NFI. Poor bugger sounds punch drunk.
I didn't see it. How would it rate on the marble-losing scale to Tim Watson doing that interview with his mouth full of jelly babies?

R. Harvey 3 votes!
Club Player

Should this be on the opposition forum?

When Harvey played his first game in 1988, I was a 12yo wearing short pants and struggling with my readin', writin' and 'rithmetic in grade eight. Now, I'm a father of three and a retired AFL player. And he's still going. Amazing! - Michael Voss
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
I didn't see it. How would it rate on the marble-losing scale to Tim Watson doing that interview with his mouth full of jelly babies?

Right up there. Just quoting irrelevant stats. Barely criticizing his own players. The mercy rule needs to come in, he's lost the players. Sack him and send him off for a little rest somewhere nice and quiet.

Actually cruel if they let him coach out the year imo. Drag in anyone else...a cranky Dennis Pagan to give the players a rocket...anyone!

Nee!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

supersaints wrote:Neeld was doomed the day he invited the cameras into his speech to the players before a game, said some ridiculous things and showed he had no idea about coaching or motivation. It seemed obvious that the players were embarrassed. Apparently appointed on Malthouses recommendation to Gary Lion without more normal selection process and interviews.
Gazza 'looked into his eyes' and made the decision according to him.
Hes too good to have to go through the normal processes like normal people. What a complete f stick.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
supersaints wrote:Neeld was doomed the day he invited the cameras into his speech to the players before a game, said some ridiculous things and showed he had no idea about coaching or motivation. It seemed obvious that the players were embarrassed. Apparently appointed on Malthouses recommendation to Gary Lion without more normal selection process and interviews.
Hes too good to have to go through the normal processes like normal people. What a complete f stick.

Dont think that is true but you arent very objective.

suss
Club Player

I don't know why Lyon had any involvment at all ... he was a player and is now a commentator. What kind of credentials are those? Has he coached? Has he been successful in business or anything other than kicking goals? Bizarre ...

felix
Club Player

The van demons maybe.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

He said it on national TV. I saw him say it with my own eyes.

But keep jumping to his defence and defending the Demons.

If you want to go for the Dees go for the Dees. You obviously have some strong emotional attachment to them.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

He said it on national TV. I saw him say it with my own eyes.

But keep jumping to his defence and defending the Demons.

If you want to go for the Dees go for the Dees. You obviously have some strong emotional attachment to them.

None what so ever but your hatred is irrational. But you did think Ray could be captain of our club and now you think a guy yet to play a game who you may have seen once or twice at the most is better.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
None what so ever but your hatred is irrational. But you did think Ray could be captain of our club and now you think a guy yet to play a game who you may have seen once or twice at the most is better.
Ive given up on Ray - and by 'better' I mean long term. Obviously hes not better here and now. But the days of planning for the here and now are over.
Im looking fwd. You are looking back.
In any case how is that relevant to a thread on the demons? Just playing the man? Cant stick to the subject? gee what a surprise. Whenever youre exposed as a goon(fairly often) you get all emotional and defensive and then go off topic and attack the man usually based on ancient history.

So ill get back to the facts Im raising in this thread-

1. Melbourne are the biggest rabble in AFL (post 1990) history
2. Garry Lyon stated on national tv that he selected Mark Neeld and was impressed with him after 'looking into his eyes'

Feel free to comment on either of those.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Curse you iPhone.....

Needs more popcorn.

Betcha Melbourne beat us when we play em.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:Curse you iPhone.....

Needs more popcorn.

I refuse to be derailed by p66.

back on topic

Winning %
////// Saints ////// Demons
90s ///// 50. 44 ////// 45.83
00s ///// 50.22 ///// 42.14
10s ///// 56.49 ///// 30.56

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

he's always been average in the media IMO

the very first bit of media I read from him in Inside Footy made me shudder and to this point in time... well my instinct was right

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Needs more popcorn.

They always play well against us. I fear that game every year to be honest.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Verdun66 wrote:

Needs more popcorn.

They always play well against us. I fear that game every year to be honest.
Yep.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Stillwaiting
Saintsational Legend

I love this club