Lyon 'acted bizarre'

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Lyon 'acted bizarre'

I think its a sickness.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

If we had compensation for ball.... Any compensation.... I'd be happier

Pick 30... Second round.

Ross, White, Wright, Murdoch, Newnes, Webster were all second/third round...... We could have another like that at 22yo right now?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If we had compensation for ball.... Any compensation.... I'd be happier

Pick 30... Second round.

Ross, White, Wright, Murdoch, Newnes, Webster were all second/third round...... We could have another like that at 22yo right now?
Nah, we would have gone for a Cripps instead.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:If we had compensation for ball.... Any compensation.... I'd be happier

Pick 30... Second round.

Probably not as our recruiting dept was restructured the year after. We would have go some guy who wouldn't be there now.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:Spinner;

You and some of your fellow BM bashers think Tossco's farts are always pleasant smelling and without him the team wouldn't have been able to scale the heights. BM and the rest of us know that's BS!!

People forget you when you're out of the game and hopefully that'll sooner rather than later for Tossbag...What won't be forgotten is the efforts of our champion players and their determination and skill - I reckon tossbag stuffed up the best chance we had in over 40 years of my lifetime when the Saints were so dominant in 2009 with such an array of top ten talent.

Your hero is currently lauded as one of the best coaches going around and you bask in the glory of his achievements, but sadly he'll go down along side Stan Alves, Gary Ayres, John Northey and Neil Daniher and so many other very successful coaches of the past 20 years...who just couldn't climb the summit.
Wash your mouth out with Solvol.
Northey and Alves were decent blokes, don't lump in with that turd! :shock:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:People forget you when you're out of the game and hopefully that'll sooner rather than later for Tossbag...What won't be forgotten is the efforts of our champion players and their determination and skill - I reckon tossbag stuffed up the best chance we had in over 40 years of my lifetime when the Saints were so dominant in 2009 with such an array of top ten talent.

LOL - yup he personally kicked 7.7 to 7.1 in the first half of the GF in 2009. He missed from 10 metres out - oh wait that was Schneider. He ran into an open goal and scrubbed it along the ground from 35 metres and ddidn't even score - oh sorry that was Milne :roll: :roll:

Fair dinkum revisionist history. Lyon got us to two GF's. In 09 on the back of being dominant. The players stuffed it in 09.

In 10, he lost his premier player for 16 weeks, still got us into the GF and because of his positional changes at half time almost won the game for us.

You talk absolute BS.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Almost

Yep

gringo
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:

Pick 30... Second round.

At least Cripps is still on a senior list. I still don't know why we lost the guys like Lynch etc. we at least had some coming through but they didn't see a future. Lyon may not have recruited them but he did have the power to sell them his vision with them in it. Armo was ready to go if Ross stayed apparently. Some thing was wrong if he was having the youth want out.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:

Pick 30... Second round.

At least Cripps is still on a senior list. I still don't know why we lost the guys like Lynch etc. we at least had some coming through but they didn't see a future. Lyon may not have recruited them but he did have the power to sell them his vision with them in it. Armo was ready to go if Ross stayed apparently. Some thing was wrong if he was having the youth want out.

And how would Lynch help us? It was just bad drafting. Cant blame RL for that.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:
dragit wrote:

And how would Lynch help us? It was just bad drafting. Cant blame RL for that.[/quote]

He might be bad drafting or maybe he's not getting a game at Adelaide because he's got guys in front of him. t's not great that we had such bad recruiting but the ones that are still in the system didn't see any future. That to me shows that he wasn't offering much vision. He might not be a good player but that is besides the point I made.

My kids footy club is having Luke Ball at it's family night soon. I don't want to see that fool coming into our club. they will all want to move to Mordialloc next week for extra snakes and oranges.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

And how would Lynch help us? It was just bad drafting. Cant blame RL for that.

He might be bad drafting or maybe he's not getting a game at Adelaide because he's got guys in front of him. t's not great that we had such bad recruiting but the ones that are still in the system didn't see any future. That to me shows that he wasn't offering much vision. He might not be a good player but that is besides the point I made.

My kids footy club is having Luke Ball at it's family night soon. I don't want to see that fool coming into our club. they will all want to move to Mordialloc next week for extra snakes and oranges.[/quote]

I have no idea what that last paragraph means but they are very lucky to have Luke Ball at their footy club.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: My kids footy club is having Luke Ball at it's family night soon. I don't want to see that fool coming into our club. they will all want to move to Mordialloc next week for extra snakes and oranges.

I have no idea what that last paragraph means but they are very lucky to have Luke Ball at their footy club.[/quote]

It means we were actually talking about the compo we could have got for Ball that we didn't use. It was just an off the cuff comment about the tool.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Obviously Lyon is a good coach.

But our recruiting and junior development from 2008-11 was shocking

The cats have 3 flags and are on top and still manage to bring young kids into the game all the time.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-11/c ... l-new-star

Despite gasping for air when he first entered the fray, Thurlow soon worked his way into the game.

He picked up six touches in the opening quarter and had 13 to his name by half-time. At that stage he was in the best half-dozen Geelong players on the ground.

"The senior boys said that they would try and get me into the game early, so I can't thank them enough," he said.

"The way they go about it and the way they involve everyone in it, there was no reason for me to not get a kick."

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Isn't he doing a 4 year apprenticeship?!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Isn't he doing a 4 year apprenticeship?!

Who?

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Pick 30... Second round.

Poor argument. History would suggest during that time we would have selected a less than average player not on the list by now.

The pick wasn't good enough.

And quote who you are responding to. This is just a cowardly technique by you to confuse others and lessen how stupid some of your responses are. Easy to camophlague your idiotic answers and views without providing the question you're responding to.
Last edited by Spinner on Sat 11 May 2013 11:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

suss
Club Player

If Freo lose tonight after having a 50 point lead I imagine some heat will come Lyon's way. I suppose when you take $5 mil over 4 years, people will expect results...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

He won.

Griffen down and Zac into the ruck.

Though forced, one of the rare "match day moves" we've seen from Ross.

Saints43
Club Player

SainterK wrote:He won.

Same as the 2010 gf moves he's always hailed for. Dictated by injury.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:

Only one injury. Gardiner. 24 points down in a GF, he moves Gilbert forward, Ray onto Swan, and Blake and Kosi into the ruck, with bj and others third man up.

Injury yes, but circumstance also made him change positions.

I dont know if he would have made those changes in Gardiner wasn't injured.

However to be fair, if he is to take critisism for his coaching in 2009 (where I think the players were equally to blame) he should get credit for the 2010 GF1 (where I also think players like Ray, Lenny, Gilbo, and bj almost won us the game in the second half)

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Redeemer
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Saints43 wrote:

Only one injury. Gardiner. 24 points down in a GF, he moves Gilbert forward, Ray onto Swan, and Blake and Kosi into the ruck, with bj and others third man up.

Injury yes, but circumstance also made him change positions.

I dont know if he would have made those changes in Gardiner wasn't injured.

However to be fair, if he is to take critisism for his coaching in 2009 (where I think the players were equally to blame) he should get credit for the 2010 GF1 (where I also think players like Ray, Lenny, Gilbo, and bj almost won us the game in the second half)
Damn straight.

Those moves in GF1 10 weren't exactly poor either and if the game went on a little longer we would have won.

Kosi gets the BJ out the back and then runs 20 kicks from 60...goal/point/whatever

We win...

The time was on our side too

bigred
Saintsational Legend

Ultimately Lyon is responsible for that fact.

Too many top ups and "role" players. Still, almost won the flag......almost.

f***ed us for a number of years too. f***ed us deluxe.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

bigred wrote:

But he got us there...he had a great game plan and it was so crucial in our success...he is a great coach because we won 19 games in a row...yeah but in the end he f***ed us deluxe!!!! That's a classic

Wouldn't you rather have a coach that has what it takes to win finals. A coach that can build the foundations of a great team, and knows how to teach and develop and mould a player into a forward or mould a player into a backman? Here's a challenge for the Lyon devotees; name one player that Lyon introduced into the team in his whole 5 years and that he guided and gave confidence to and moulded them into anything apart from a tagger?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
bigred wrote:

But he got us there...he had a great game plan and it was so crucial in our success...he is a great coach because we won 19 games in a row...yeah but in the end he f***ed us deluxe!!!! That's a classic

Wouldn't you rather have a coach that has what it takes to win finals. A coach that can build the foundations of a great team, and knows how to teach and develop and mould a player into a forward or mould a player into a backman? Here's a challenge for the Lyon devotees; name one player that Lyon introduced into the team in his whole 5 years and that he guided and gave confidence to and moulded them into anything apart from a tagger?

Funny how people who actually understand footy said RL is nearly the best coach ever to so far not win a flag. I suppose they understand the game. Not a common thing to some on here. The good thing is it easier to skip over those posters comments unless you want a good laugh.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Long may he hang on to that rating!