Are our seniour players not happy with SW

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Re: Are our seniour players not happy with SW

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
SainterK wrote:Wasn't the murmurs when Scott said we were rejuevenating our list...and it was news to the senior players?

Either way, you think they'd have a pretty good idea of where the club is at.

That being said, I'm not ruling out a Collingwood like 2010 in the next 24 months, with a bit of old and new merging into something decent...
The murmurs weren't real murmurs of any substance as I understand it. It was only P66 that posted it was news to the senior players after SW said the club was "rebuilding" in his presser after the Richmond game.

P66 has then again posted that players are unhappy with SW in the last couple of days.

I haven't heard it from anywhere else so that is why I asked if anyone else had heard something similar to P66.

At this stage it is a rumor from one source and is looking like it could be nothing at all.

Im not sure I actually said that.
Just went back to the thread and it would appear you were saying it...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80517&p=1327820&hilit=DAD#p1327820

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
The murmurs weren't real murmurs of any substance as I understand it. It was only P66 that posted it was news to the senior players after SW said the club was "rebuilding" in his presser after the Richmond game.

P66 has then again posted that players are unhappy with SW in the last couple of days.

I haven't heard it from anywhere else so that is why I asked if anyone else had heard something similar to P66.

At this stage it is a rumor from one source and is looking like it could be nothing at all.

Cairnsman I think you need to read what i wrote not what you think I wrote. It did say werent happy. It didnt say arent happy. And they werent happy about one aspect not the whole coaching. Wouldnt have a clue on how the players like his coaching. Completely different to how you have worded the OP.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
SainterK wrote:Wasn't the murmurs when Scott said we were rejuevenating our list...and it was news to the senior players?

That being said, I'm not ruling out a Collingwood like 2010 in the next 24 months, with a bit of old and new merging into something decent...

Exactly. i think that was a shock to some players. I have never heard they are unhappy with Watters but were unhappy about that statement.
Oh for gods sake!

Poor dumb players didn't know our club , like all clubs as Watters said , is rejuvenating the list?? How thick are this lot ?

How to get out of bed in the morning without being told..
It's funny though since SW stated we were "rebuilding" we have all now been re calibrated to use the more player sensitive term "rejuvenate".

Funny, funny world Teffers.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

well if they are not happy then tough shite

youre on good money
prob 4 times what im paid
so stfu, play footy look after your money and plan for the future

good lord
so hard done by some of these blokes
harden the f*** up
if you havent got it any more and dont fit the team game plan structure or whatever then so be it
if youre pissed off then go get another job

crikey everything handed to them on a plate and apparently some are a bit pissed off with some comments

bloody hell the coach could call me mary lousie tinkerbell pants for all i give a f*** when im on 200 grand a year to play what i love get fed get medical get pretty much anything you need when needed
christ life STARTS after footy

harden the F*** up

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I'm guessing Chips wouldn't be you happy about his best mates being kicked out & not retained...

Suck it up I say, you're paid mega bucks to play for the club, whether we are contending or not. Say what you like about Kosi, but his attitude is first class, would do anything to help the club & only too happy to play 2's and help out the young guys.

From what I heard the players were under no illusions of where we stood, the aim for this year was "to make the 8" hardly the goal of a premiership contender.

I hate the attitude that some players have whereby they'll play at a club for ten years, but as soon as a flag seems unlikely jump ship... Brian Lake comes to mind... Paid mega bucks while delivering a couple of stinker sulking of years... Then bails for glory at the first opportunity. Something very shallow in a flag won like that.
i gotta agree with this somewhat ... flogs like Matty Lloyd talk about how Dal could/should look for a change of environment with a club in the hunt for the flag to me really stinks ... i dont know i just get a feeling that while you would be happy to win a flag at the end of your carreer a part of you would feel somewhat hollow that you werent able to do it at the place where you put in all your years of service ...

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Cairnsman I think you need to read what i wrote not what you think I wrote. It did say werent happy. It didnt say arent happy. And they werent happy about one aspect not the whole coaching. Wouldnt have a clue on how the players like his coaching. Completely different to how you have worded the OP.
ok P66. Good one. You are going to play the semantics card. Ok so are you saying that it's all been made happy and the senior players and coach are on the same page regarding whether we are rebuilding or rejuvenating?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

ok P66. Good one. You are going to play the semantics card. Ok so are you saying that it's all been made happy and the senior players and coach are on the same page regarding whether we are rebuilding or rejuvenating?

No idea. It isnt semantics. It was completely changing what I said in the first place.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

cmon cainsman get with it

they wernt happy

but now they are not not happy

keep up mate
8-)

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:cmon cainsman get with it

they wernt happy

but now they are not not happy

keep up mate
8-)
head shaking trying to keep up! I'll be honest I've got no idea then!

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

True Believer wrote:My inquiries lead me to believe it's all crap - the senior players are fine....

100% correct

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Did he say rebuilding?

I didn't think he did....

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:
True Believer wrote:My inquiries lead me to believe it's all crap - the senior players are fine....

100% correct
Thanks Tony have a great weekend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

SainterK wrote:Did he say rebuilding?

I didn't think he did....
I dont try to keep up anymore
Im not sure if he gave NDS a rocket two weeks ago
or this didnt give him a rocket this week

Seeya
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

This is the silliest thread. Only the players and insiders know, are you hoping one of the players comes on here incognito and spills the beans?
Not likely.
We would all just be guessing.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I think Scott told them they weren't allowed to drive around Seaford looking for a Coffee shop. hence, they aren't happy with him.

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Some journalistic legend from a Brisbane newspaper started this rumour about 3 weeks ago. I can't recall his name. No source mentioned. Just threw it out there. Top class journalism. No mention of it anywhere else since. Therefore it must be true. Good grief!

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

White Winmar wrote:Some journalistic legend from a Brisbane newspaper started this rumour about 3 weeks ago. I can't recall his name. No source mentioned. Just threw it out there. Top class journalism. No mention of it anywhere else since. Therefore it must be true. Good grief!
Related to Caroline Wilson.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

WellardSaint wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Some journalistic legend from a Brisbane newspaper started this rumour about 3 weeks ago. I can't recall his name. No source mentioned. Just threw it out there. Top class journalism. No mention of it anywhere else since. Therefore it must be true. Good grief!
Related to Caroline Wilson.
:D :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

To be fair I think the rumor was started by an SS poster and from there it grew legs. Possible the lazy journalist picked up the story from this site. That's why I started the thread because I was pretty certain where it most likely was coming from. The power of social media huh! Makes Chinese whispers much louder.

Thankfully True Believer, Tony74 and Saintbrat have confirmed that it was nothing.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

was cairnsman his source?

Seeya
Moorabbin Man
Club Player

Agreed.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:To be fair I think the rumor was started by an SS poster and from there it grew legs. Possible the lazy journalist picked up the story from this site. That's why I started the thread because I was pretty certain where it most likely was coming from. The power of social media huh! Makes Chinese whispers much louder.

Thankfully True Believer, Tony74 and Saintbrat have confirmed that it was nothing.
I would think you have an inside link into the internal psyche of players?

Seeya
shmic_s
Club Player

matrix wrote:well if they are not happy then tough shite

youre on good money
prob 4 times what im paid
so stfu, play footy look after your money and plan for the future

good lord
so hard done by some of these blokes
harden the f*** up
if you havent got it any more and dont fit the team game plan structure or whatever then so be it
if youre pissed off then go get another job

crikey everything handed to them on a plate and apparently some are a bit pissed off with some comments

bloody hell the coach could call me mary lousie tinkerbell pants for all i give a f*** when im on 200 grand a year to play what i love get fed get medical get pretty much anything you need when needed
christ life STARTS after footy

harden the F*** up
haha +1

PJ
SS Life Member

Jason Akermanis on 5AA - some of the older players may not be happy. Take it for what it's worth. He also said that Gram who is mates with Kosi has said if Kosi doesn't get in again after round 10 he's out of there.

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

PJ wrote:.....He also said that Gram who is mates with Kosi has said if Kosi doesn't get in again after round 10 he's out of there.
Really? And where's he go??? :?