On the Couch Re Dal Santo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Re: On the Couch Re Dal Santo

plugger66 wrote:
You are right JB. They are cheating either against us or for the team we play. Must be against us because the team we play doesnt seem to get the frees the following or previous week. JB do you think it is the umpires cheating or have the AFL directed them to cheat? This could be the biggest story in the history of the game. make the Essendon story look like a missed shot at goal from the boundary. It will obviously lead every newspaper and TV station today. Just get it out there JB.

And I will answer your two questions as I always try to do. No and and I dont know. Just one question to you JB. How big will this story get? This will be certainly the downfull of either the umpiring department ot the AFL as they are blatantly cheating against us.

I take it from you typically d**khead answer that you haven't a defence for the ongoing incompetency of the umpires, all you do is play the man.

Twice in two weeks there has been footage shown of football shows, showing St.Kilda players are being impeded by their opposition. Blocking 15 to 20 metres off the ball by Sydney all night (which, as you may recall, I picked up on at the time), and now Dal Santo being held all night and not one free for him.

Why are the umpires not watching the behind the ball infringements? Why are they pretending to be the stars of the game, getting miked up and acting the celebrity? (at least that allowed us to hear what we all thought about the Pendlebury free kick when Geary said to the umpire - "that is embarrassing")

You tell us how hard umpiring is. Well if the got the basics correct like watching behind the ball cheating (and infringements, FFS THREE of them missed Kosi's elbow :roll: ).

And despite your infantile half brained sarcastic response, it isn't just Saints fans complaining. The Crows got absolutely dudded by the free against Thompson, a 12 point turnaround that completely stopped their surge.

The free to Pendlebury has been ridiculed by everybody. That idiotic intrepretation now means that all you have to do to get a free is push your back up against the tackling player and you get the free kick :roll:

The umpiring is a disgrace and a shambles. The umpires are worse this year than almost anytime I have been watching the game. The intrepretaion of rules are so ridiculous that it is destroying the spectacle of the game.

Who is to blame? Well umpiores need to be consistant and stop favouring one team. But the new rules and the idiotic interpretation foisted on them by that halfwit Geischen (did anybody even half understand WTF he was saying last night???) and the out of touch fools on the rules committee have made their job doubly harder.

And when you have an administration who publicly backs an umpire and then drops them (as what happened to the goal umpire last week) the confidence and certainty of anything they are trying to do is surely eroded to the point that it is making a farce of the game.

So mate, go ahead with you silly hyperbole and sarcastic extremes. It is not just Saints supporters (even though we have not been on the right side of the ledger for frees for and against once this season), it is the whole football community who want to know WTF is happening to the umpiring.

if you cant see that, well like I said last week, when you tried to ridicule with quips about meds, and not knowing football because I was not born in Victoria, you must just be trolling.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

The whole isue with Dal Santo was and is very very simple. Pay a free when they see McCaffer infringe early and he wont do it again. So instead they allow multiple mistakes to occur all night.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:Dal seemed to fire up in the last qtr when we were making a surge. Did McAffer get tired or was Dal in a different role?
Yeah interesting observation Stevie. Dal also seemed to only get going a bit more in the 4th qtr against Sydney but was virtually missing for the first 3 qtrs. Hopefully it's a short lived pattern because it's a fair stretch to suggest him being down considerably is because of the umpires.

A question for the conspiracy theorists, if Dal thought players were cheating against him do you not think that he would mention it to his Captain and ask him to ask the umpires to keep an eye on it. That is allowed in the rules and surely the club would take that approach based on the fact that SW doesn't have a problem highlighting cheating when he thinks it's there like he did after the Sydney game.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
stevie wrote:Dal seemed to fire up in the last qtr when we were making a surge. Did McAffer get tired or was Dal in a different role?
Yeah interesting observation Stevie. Dal also seemed to only get going a bit more in the 4th qtr against Sydney but was virtually missing for the first 3 qtrs. Hopefully it's a short lived pattern because it's a fair stretch to suggest him being down considerably is because of the umpires.

A question for the conspiracy theorists, if Dal thought players were cheating against him do you not think that he would mention it to his Captain and ask him to ask the umpires to keep an eye on it. That is allowed in the rules and surely the club would take that approach based on the fact that SW doesn't have a problem highlighting cheating when he thinks it's there like he did after the Sydney game.

How many frees has Roo been payed for being bocked meters off the ball? He continually is talking to umpires and bringing up hes been held and bocked.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You are right JB. They are cheating either against us or for the team we play. Must be against us because the team we play doesnt seem to get the frees the following or previous week. JB do you think it is the umpires cheating or have the AFL directed them to cheat? This could be the biggest story in the history of the game. make the Essendon story look like a missed shot at goal from the boundary. It will obviously lead every newspaper and TV station today. Just get it out there JB.

And I will answer your two questions as I always try to do. No and and I dont know. Just one question to you JB. How big will this story get? This will be certainly the downfull of either the umpiring department ot the AFL as they are blatantly cheating against us.

I take it from you typically d**khead answer that you haven't a defence for the ongoing incompetency of the umpires, all you do is play the man.

Twice in two weeks there has been footage shown of football shows, showing St.Kilda players are being impeded by their opposition. Blocking 15 to 20 metres off the ball by Sydney all night (which, as you may recall, I picked up on at the time), and now Dal Santo being held all night and not one free for him.

Why are the umpires not watching the behind the ball infringements? Why are they pretending to be the stars of the game, getting miked up and acting the celebrity? (at least that allowed us to hear what we all thought about the Pendlebury free kick when Geary said to the umpire - "that is embarrassing")

You tell us how hard umpiring is. Well if the got the basics correct like watching behind the ball cheating (and infringements, FFS THREE of them missed Kosi's elbow :roll: ).

And despite your infantile half brained sarcastic response, it isn't just Saints fans complaining. The Crows got absolutely dudded by the free against Thompson, a 12 point turnaround that completely stopped their surge.

The free to Pendlebury has been ridiculed by everybody. That idiotic intrepretation now means that all you have to do to get a free is push your back up against the tackling player and you get the free kick :roll:

The umpiring is a disgrace and a shambles. The umpires are worse this year than almost anytime I have been watching the game. The intrepretaion of rules are so ridiculous that it is destroying the spectacle of the game.

Who is to blame? Well umpiores need to be consistant and stop favouring one team. But the new rules and the idiotic interpretation foisted on them by that halfwit Geischen (did anybody even half understand WTF he was saying last night???) and the out of touch fools on the rules committee have made their job doubly harder.

And when you have an administration who publicly backs an umpire and then drops them (as what happened to the goal umpire last week) the confidence and certainty of anything they are trying to do is surely eroded to the point that it is making a farce of the game.

So mate, go ahead with you silly hyperbole and sarcastic extremes. It is not just Saints supporters (even though we have not been on the right side of the ledger for frees for and against once this season), it is the whole football community who want to know WTF is happening to the umpiring.

if you cant see that, well like I said last week, when you tried to ridicule with quips about meds, and not knowing football because I was not born in Victoria, you must just be trolling.
Who would have though I could have been in such vehement agreement with JB! Apart from about two patches in total this year where the rub of the green has gone our way for a period of a game, we have consistently been on the worng end of the CONSISTENCY of the decisions. What is adjucated against us as holding the ball is called play on for our opponent, or worse, paid against us as in the back when at the conclusion of the tackle the opponent goes to ground and drags the tackler down on top of him. Yet when we have two opponents lay on top of Dal, we get donuts!
The inconsistency is what gets people, and for it to so completely go against us for weeks on end, there are only three possible reasons. One, that we are not training to exploit the rules as well as others. Two, there is a favouritism towards certain teams, or three, the umpires are incompetent and we are just unlucky enough to have not been on the right end of it yet. Whichever it is, after having seen the spin and drivel from the guy running the umpiring on Monday, I hold out little hope for any improvement soon. Seriously, degrees of extension of the arms in a push ??

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:

How many frees has Roo been payed for being bocked meters off the ball? He continually is talking to umpires and bringing up hes been held and bocked.
I understand the frustration regarding the umpires Curly but when it comes to Dal I think the more this season plays out the more we'll come to the conclusion that Dals problem is not the umpires. I also think that the banter is going to grow louder about Dal being at another club next year. Just my opinion.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Dal may very well be at another club next year no issues. Doesnt change the fact he is being mistreated by the umpires.

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:bocked.
Roosters, cocks or just plain chooks?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I responded that way because you said they were blatantly cheating. So what is it JB? Cheating or not? If it is because the game is to hard to umpire or they are incompetent then thats fine but you said they cheated against us. If that is the case then what I said is not trolling at all. It is a huge story. And dont take it so personally JB. Smile. Life is fun.

lloyd21
Club Player

On the Couch Re Dal Santo

Contracted to Stkilda next year

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:Contracted to Stkilda next year

Not yet.

paddy
Club Player

If he is fit enough to play, he is contracted....

the activation clause goes both ways...

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Doesn't mean he can't be traded.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

Geischens explanation on On the Couch last night was the most absurd explanation of rules I have ever seen... The fact that he had to physically demonstrate the stiffness of the arms that constitutes a push v's holding your ground (which is another way of saying blocking, is it not, which he also stated as illegal in his open sentence?!) shows how f#cked up this system is...

Together with the Essendon fiasco, which every man, woman and their dog can see is being spun more by the minute, this game has never sucked more..

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Saw On The Couch. Gieschen kept going on about players using their bumper bars :shock: :roll:

......which may be okay if you’re Craig Holden or Michael Ford……

……or even Matthew Carr :P 8-)

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Dr Spaceman wrote:Saw On The Couch. Gieschen kept going on about players using their bumper bars :shock: :roll:

......which may be okay if you’re Craig Holden or Michael Ford……

……or even Matthew Carr :P 8-)
I wonder if you would be able to make a TAC claim if you got hurt by one of these bumper bars :? :wink: !!

NEW scarf signature (hopefully with correct spelling) will be here as soon as it arrives !!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: I responded that way because you said they were blatantly cheating. So what is it JB? Cheating or not? If it is because the game is to hard to umpire or they are incompetent then thats fine but you said they cheated against us. If that is the case then what I said is not trolling at all. It is a huge story. And dont take it so personally JB. Smile. Life is fun.

Well you have made a goose of yourself because you cant read.

Re-read the post. It talks about the umpires incompetence re holding in Sydney and Dal being held, then I ask what the STKFC will do about this blatant cheating.

Yes, blocking off the ball 20 away is BLATANT CHEATING. Holding a player all night is BLATANT CHEATING. So it is incumbent on the STKFC to highlight this BLATANT CHEATING as Watters half heartedly did about Sydney, and not a peep about Dal Santo being held all night.

Why does it have to be TV football shows that complain on our behalf.

Three umpires were brought in to stop this behind the play BLATANT CHEATING. But what do we see? Umpires running in from 80 metres to officiate at the ball.

Shouldn't they not be ballwatching and looking for infringements behind the play? because it seems more and more that they are not doing this basic fundamental of umpiring.

So to you P66, before you go off half cocked, read the post properly and dont make dumb assumptions.

FFS Teflon even bolded and made the sentance size bigger to highlight the issue a couple of posts later. :roll:

So P66, apparently to you, I am just a disgruntled Saitns fan because we cant win a game. So how do you explain this constant pointing out by non biased football people on TV the BLATANT CHEATING that umpires are allowing other teams to get away with?

Why are they not officiating to the rules? Why are they so inconsistant?

Is it training? is it a directive from the Umpires dept to not properly umpire? Or is it because they think they are part of the entertainment and love to be the centre of attention with their extravagant signals, and sprinting in from 80 metres away with their arms outstretched to give a 50/50 free, while all the time not actually doing what they are supposed to be paid for?
Last edited by joffaboy on Tue 07 May 2013 5:38pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
lloyd21 wrote:Contracted to Stkilda next year

Not yet.
What's this activation clause in his contract? Does that mean his contract is up at the end of this year but each party can take some sort of option?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
plugger66 wrote: I responded that way because you said they were blatantly cheating. So what is it JB? Cheating or not? If it is because the game is to hard to umpire or they are incompetent then thats fine but you said they cheated against us. If that is the case then what I said is not trolling at all. It is a huge story. And dont take it so personally JB. Smile. Life is fun.

Well you have made a goose of yourself because you cant read.

Re-read the post. It talks about the umpires incompetence re holding in Sydney and Dal being held, then I ask what the STKFC will do about this blatant cheating.

Yes, blocking off the ball 20 away is BLATANT CHEATING. Holding a player all night is BLATANT CHEATING. So it is incumbent on the STKFC to highlight this BLATANT CHEATING as Watters half heartedly did about Sydney, and not a peep about Dal Santo being held all night.

Why does it have to be TV football shows that complain on our behalf.

Three umpires were brought in to stop this behind the play BLATANT CHEATING. But what do we see? Umpires running in from 80 metres to officiate at the ball.

Shouldn't they not be ballwatching and looking for infringements behind the play? because it seems more and more that they are not doing this basic fundamental of umpiring.

So to you P66, before you go off half cocked, read the post properly and dont make dumb assumptions.

FFS Teflon even bolded and made the sentance size bigger to highlight the issue a couple of posts later. :roll:

So P66, apparently to you, I am just a disgruntled Saitns fan because we cant win a game. So how do you explain this constant pointing out by non biased football people on TV the BLATANT CHEATING that umpires are allowing other teams to get away with?

Why are they not officiating to the rules? Why are they so inconsistant?

Is it training? is it a directive from the Umpires dept to not properly umpire? Or is it because they think they are part of the entertainment and love to be the centre of attention with their extravagant signals, and sprinting in from 80 metres away with their arms outstretched to give a 50/50 free, while all the time not actually doing what they are supposed to be paid for?

Sorry for reading it wrongly. I was wrong but I didnt read Teffers post in my defence. Have no answers to your questions. By the way i wouldnt call it cheating but each to their own. Its called getting away with something thats not legal. maybe that is cheating but i reckon its just smart footy. I would hope our players do it as well. Anyway smile. Its going to be a long 4-7 years so you better get used to losing and maybe ordinary umpiring.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

CURLY wrote: This would be good and true if the umpire pinned McCaffer once just once. The umpires where surely not blind sided or caught out of position for the full two hours as it happened all night. Thats all it takes is one free kick to stop the rot.
they did - in the first 1/4 - they even "PINGED" NDS for a hold on Sidebottom in the first
you only see it one way

Seeya
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Defeated before the ball is bounced at the moment.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
CURLY wrote: This would be good and true if the umpire pinned McCaffer once just once. The umpires where surely not blind sided or caught out of position for the full two hours as it happened all night. Thats all it takes is one free kick to stop the rot.
they did - in the first 1/4 - they even "PINGED" NDS for a hold on Sidebottom in the first
you only see it one way

So what your saying is they payed a free against Dal for it but never payed one to him. How am i only seeing it one way?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think they need to bring in some more rules. How about not infringing on a player who may be looking to infringe another's path unless there is a case for the block to occur with a raised finger and a cocked eye brow. An amendment could be order to fit around the occurrence of several player who become involved in the said play, but only in the case of a singular player using his left arm to wave behind his back. Further more the original player must make the umpire aware of his intention by running in small circles with his arms extended in front of him. Failure to do so with an arm raised at a 25 degree angle will result in the pursuant being awarded an immediate free kick- but also able to be taken as a play on when a benched player resumes his position on the field of play. It can also be interpreted that the infringer can become the victim whence forth the pursuant becomes aware of the intent of player a and his subsequent partner in pursuance aptly named herein as player b. this can become confusing when players c through z become involved in which case all new rules will revert to the original ruling as amended in section 49a subsection 49a part II ....when a player makes forceful contact with a projectile formed from the hides of the species kangaroo with intent to send foremention projectile towrds or in the general vacinity of the said goal post an immediate free kick will result to the opposing player or team ....

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

You should be on the rules committee Gringo. Clearly you make more sense than them.

SaintlySaint85
Club Player

NDS needs a shot of concrete. Actually, he could do with a whole mixer full of concrete at the minute.
Needs to work harder without the ball to burn off his opponent. Be smarter, work with his peripherals and he'll get the 2-3 feet clear that he needs when receiving the ball. What he's doing, ain't working.
I don't buy into this rubbish philosophy that poor umpiring is at fault. AFL sides can only control the controllables, and umpires decision making is certainly not one of those. Bite the bullet, get on with it and effect the next contest.