We can actually win the flag next year!! Get excited!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Re: We can actually win the flag next year!! Get excited!!

Con Gorozidis wrote:So seems like Leigh Tudor is seriously a super coach...
Moved to Swans in 2011......

Very low profile!
come on Con did you write your appology :wink:

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:There was one big omission that I think was one of the real important parts of our dramatic improvement in 2009...Mr Michael Gardiner. Gee we had an awesome ruck combo in 2009. Arguably the best in the clubs history.
Just you wait till Hickey and McEvoy reach puberty. No knock on Gardi, though, he was a fabulous player

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:There was one big omission that I think was one of the real important parts of our dramatic improvement in 2009...Mr Michael Gardiner. Gee we had an awesome ruck combo in 2009. Arguably the best in the clubs history.
Just you wait till Hickey and McEvoy reach puberty. No knock on Gardi, though, he was a fabulous player

Yeah I agree or at least I salivate at the prospect of what they could become. McEvoy is well on the way and hopefully Hickey is the real deal. Premiership contenders need elite rucks.

Greg T
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Read the players talked about in this thread and the lineups that were posted by a couple and there was one big omission that I think was one of the real important parts of our dramatic improvement in 2009...Mr Michael Gardiner. Gee we had an awesome ruck combo in 2009. Arguably the best in the clubs history.
funny you mention that there was a thread back then that was basically saying the saints needed to delist Gardi and Rix and throw everything to get Seaby ?!?!?
there was alos a thread going about why the heck did we draft Rhys Stanley when we have soo many ruckmen already
I would certainly agree Michael Gardner was part of the best ruck combo in our history .
OutstAnding in 2009.

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Read the players talked about in this thread and the lineups that were posted by a couple and there was one big omission that I think was one of the real important parts of our dramatic improvement in 2009...Mr Michael Gardiner. Gee we had an awesome ruck combo in 2009. Arguably the best in the clubs history.
funny you mention that there was a thread back then that was basically saying the saints needed to delist Gardi and Rix and throw everything to get Seaby ?!?!?
there was alos a thread going about why the heck did we draft Rhys Stanley when we have soo many ruckmen already
I would certainly agree Michael Gardner was part of the best ruck combo in our history .
OutstAnding in 2009.

Well I would have thought Everitt and Vidovic were pretty good in 97. I know the others may have better records overall but King was nearly gone by 09 and MG wasnt as good as Everitt was in 1997 IMO. Carl and Morrow were pretty good in 1966 as well.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Greg T wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote: funny you mention that there was a thread back then that was basically saying the saints needed to delist Gardi and Rix and throw everything to get Seaby ?!?!?
OutstAnding in 2009.

Well I would have thought Everitt and Vidovic were pretty good in 97. I know the others may have better records overall but King was nearly gone by 09 and MG wasnt as good as Everitt was in 1997 IMO. Carl and Morrow were pretty good in 1966 as well.
Like I said, arguably. Was still waiting for incubation in 66 so can't comment on Carl and Morrow but Everit and Lazer were a pretty awesome combo in 97 and proves the point that you need elite ruckmen (fit and firing) to win a premiership. Certainly Gardi was the pick of the rucks in 2009 and although Kingy was at the end gee he was an awesome second fiddle probably knowledge-wise more that anything too considering the playground he had just come from.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

Gardi had what many players lack and that was mongrel and a rea desire to win and intimidate.. he would turn games in the ruck and his strong marking..

Legendary
Club Player

Geez, I wasn't far off was I?!

Wish I had been right ...