Is Dal Santo Cruising?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Simmo2
Club Player

Re: Is Dal Santo Cruising?

And Dal Santo and Montagna were the two biggest pieces of trade bait I've ever seen, and we held onto em
for 60 games and stuff all output too long

dragit
Saintsational Legend

You seem like a really solid bloke simmo2 and real classy saints man, through and through.

I think you have got your opinion across, you think 2 guys with 5 AA's between them are rubbish, fair enough.

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:Lenny, Goddard, Ball, Riewoldt and Milne. Superstars

The rest, B graders and below.

Blake, Dawson, Jones- lucky to get games at any other club.
Fair dinkum, Milne above Montagna and Dal Santo!!
Milne superstar???
I must be watching someone else, not no44?

Simmo2
Club Player

With 2 flags and one less "charge", he'd be known as the greatest small forward ever

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:With 2 flags and one less "charge", he'd be known as the greatest small forward ever

And if my auntie had a handlebar moustache........

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:With 2 flags and one less "charge", he'd be known as the greatest small forward ever
Gotta be kidding me… and you are slamming joey & nds for grand final failures… if milne had kicked one goal in 09, they'd all be premiership players.

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

Del Santo has probably polled more Brownlow votes in the past 10 years than anybody else, he is rarely injured, and is a three time All Australian. He is consistently tagged, a sign that opposition coaches rate him.

These are facts, they are not subjective opinion. Sometimes I feel that posters on this forum are not really St Kilda fans, NDS is a champion in one of our most successful era's since 1873.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:
Fair dinkum, Milne above Montagna and Dal Santo!!
Milne superstar???
I must be watching someone else, not no44?
What more do you expect from him? He's not a mid so you can't assess him as one. In the history of the game, there are only a few small forwards ahead of him on the all time goalkickers list. By the end of this year, if he's plays the whole season it will likely be only Bartlett and Matthews. For the position he plays he is one of the best of all time and for the possie he plays he is a superstar.

Simmo2
Club Player

I love St.Kilda.... I just can't cop our supporters settling for mediocrity. Hate to tell you, but there is a reason this club has won 1 flag in 116 years....... And it's not through bad luck.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Simmo2 wrote:Ahhh perfectionist... The only one with balls. We always overrate our players. We've had a shithouse list for 8 years now and we put up with it. We had a coach extraordinaire who made a silk purse out of a sow's ear...... Now, we're up the creek with no paddle cos no one can coach them and their true shizen talent is coming through.

Do you honestly think Jason Blake would have got 200 games without a vote at any other club save for Melbourne? No.
You can't be taken seriously. How can you say we have had a shithouse list for 8 years. We have played in 3 grand finals and 5 prelims in the past 9 years.

You are seriously an embarrassment or a troll. Stop stirring up s*** you uneducated wanker. Go away.

Did SW name him and Milne during the week

PJ
SS Life Member

Some seriously lame posting tonight. Some einstein reckons he knows why we've only won 1 flag. i feel like I've entered a run of Dumb & Dumber

If you don't like supporters opinions what are you doing on supporter forum?

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
Greg T
Club Player

I rate Nicky D as a great saints player given his career over the journey from when he started.
He certainly is having a lean patch,but have a look around him.
Many others have come and gone,Nicky keeps going.
Not many if any supporters would want to see him in other colors.
He'd get a game anywhere still.
Wouldn't trade him.

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

Looks like Dal is also being asked the question by the coach. SW in his presser said Dal needs to stand up. So to all you supporters that think Dal is cruising, you were right. Pull your finger out Dal and break the lines. Here's hoping as it will warm the cockles of my heart to see him carve up the Pies.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:Looks like Dal is also being asked the question by the coach. SW in his presser said Dal needs to stand up. So to all you supporters that think Dal is cruising, you were right. Pull your finger out Dal and break the lines. Here's hoping as it will warm the cockles of my heart to see him carve up the Pies.
Lyon asked NDS and Milne the same question when he dropped them to the VFL, so these two obviously need to be reminded to keep their foot on the accelerator unlike Roo and Hayes

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
Cairnsman wrote:Looks like Dal is also being asked the question by the coach. SW in his presser said Dal needs to stand up. So to all you supporters that think Dal is cruising, you were right. Pull you finger out Dal and break the lines. Here's hoping as it will warm the cockles of my heart to see him carve up the Pies.
Lyon asked NDS and Milne the same question when he dropped them to the VFL, so these two obviously need to be reminded to keep their foot on the accelerator unlike Roo and Hayes
Yeah I that's what I reckon. It's not just in football, but in life in general some blokes need a little reminder to lift their game every now and then and Milne and Dal look like they fall into that category. With Milne you can probably accept him slacking off a bit more because he is 33 and closer to the end of his career than Dal, but IMO we can't afford to have Dal slacking off just yet because if he has still got 2 or 3 good years (potentially) we need him to not only earn his spot in the side but to also be the elder player that shows the youngers guys what it means to be a St Kilda Football Player. We need to keep a really solid culture. That is what I expect our core older guys to do while they are still at the club. The club and core older players that are still around have worked hard over the last 10 or so years to lift the reputation of the club...gotta keep it going.