Kosi(Finished )

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi(Finished )

CURLY wrote:
BigMart wrote:I was tongue in cheek about the R12 thing.... Of course you can judge him on that....

I felt he was ok, not great

4/10 at best.... He offers less as a KPP than Beau, but is better as back up for Ben.
Kosi offers far more than Maister.

Can I base how you come to that conclusion Curly. If Kosi could ruck I maybe could see where you are coming from but he cant and Maister is certainly better up forward now. I doubt Kosi would have played had maister not injured his hand last week.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Maister allows defenders to get a good clean spoil in meaning our small forwards are out of position.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Maister allows defenders to get a good clean spoil in meaning our small forwards are out of position.

How did our smalls go last week with Kosi playing?

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Maister allows defenders to get a good clean spoil in meaning our small forwards are out of position.

Well for a start our best one wasnt playing so how would you like it to be judged. To many times with Maister defenders where directing spoils and clearing the area.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Well for a start our best one wasnt playing so how would you like it to be judged. To many times with Maister defenders where directing spoils and clearing the area.

Is that our best that many here think should not play this week. Seems it is no point playing Kosi then if Milne isnt playing. I cannot beleive people think Kosi should play because the ball doesnt get punched as far. As I have said before i like Kosi but he is now a liability on the field. His bad far outways his good and he took one mark up forward. Hickey even if he doesnt do that is only one mark worse off which he should make for when rucking as Kosi just cannot ruck these days. Blake gives a better contest.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

TDL is not an opportunist forward, agree?

We had one playing on the weekend, Milne and Milera were not.

Call for his omission, but do better than that.

We went from 3 to 1...TDL is a third forward and should be competing with Lee/Siposs. I thought in recruiting him, he was a small forward in the traditional sense, but the more I've seen him play I realise he isn't. He is small in height only, plays as a leading forward.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

TDL is not an opportunist forward, agree?

We had one playing on the weekend, Milne and Milera were not.

Call for his omission, but do better than that.

We went from 3 to 1...TDL is a third forward and should be competing with Lee/Siposs. I thought in recruiting him, he was a small forward in the traditional sense, but the more I've seen him play I realise he isn't. He is small in height only, plays as a leading forward.

If you think TDL is a lead up forward then what is Milne. Milne has been a lead up forward for all of his career but he can play as a small as well and TDL was recruited to do the same. I have no doubt he was played as a small forward this week. And I sure only this week or late last week you had a go at me and mentioned we had 4 smalls last game and now you are saying 3.

Greg T
Club Player

Maybe at the end of the year,give him 200,he deserves that.
Still reckon he's a problem for other clubs ,tall,grat mark.
I,for one,will miss him when he goes......the Kos man cometh....

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Greg T wrote:Maybe at the end of the year,give him 200,he deserves that.
Still reckon he's a problem for other clubs ,tall,grat mark.
I,for one,will miss him when he goes......the Kos man cometh....

He used to be a great mark. Watched a game from 2003 v Adelaide this morning, well a highlights package, and he was a great mark then. Now he's not. Can't understand why people continue to live in the past about him.
And why does he deserve 200? Sentimental crap. If he's worthy of a spot in the side then yes. If not, then no way. What a soft backward approach that would be to gift a bloke games who's done and dusted when there are young fellas who are the future champing at the bit for a go.

andrewg
Club Player

Your right plugger he is a liability.
He is too slow, clumsy and lacks a football brain...I will be relived when he retires.

Mayster, Lee, White, Siposs all provide a 'future' option....as long as he is on the list though, he commands a spot if he plays good footy in the twos...untill he is moved on Kosi will continue to earn senior games for the Saints... frustrating but its the reality.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Need Kosi in there this week to have f****** O'Brien looking over his shoulder at every contest. Kosi's knees in the back of him and Reid early on are worth a selection.

Start taking the game up to these other pricks.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Kosi will play, as Eddie's boys are down another experienced defender, so a bit of strength in the forward line will be the go- as long as Kosi actually gets to the contests in the first place!

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Going by what Scott said I think he'll play, but I could of read that wrong

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Still playing better football than three quarters of other clubs second forward and in some cases first choice forward.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

I hope Kosi gets to play. It will give him a chance to play at the Dome in dry conditions and give him a better chance to see where he is at.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

It's not been a year where key forwards are absolutely flying, roo and cloke maybe, let alone the foil.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Still playing better football than three quarters of other clubs second forward and in some cases first choice forward.

What is that actually based on. He has played one game and was poor.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Still playing better football than three quarters of other clubs second forward and in some cases first choice forward.

Watters didnt believe so. Had more impact than most key forwards running around.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

I reckon based on last year his contested marking is ok and his kicking accuracy would have to be up there with the best. Has anyone got any stats.

mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

i think we need to play him unfortunately... but he must be subbed off in the 3rd if injury permits..... he just doesnt have the tank for a full game..

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Kosi will play, as Eddie's boys are down another experienced defender, so a bit of strength in the forward line will be the go
so Kosi is our answer when we need strength?

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
st.byron
Saintsational Legend

Crikey, there's some blinkered rose coloured glasses stuff going on about Kosi. Been going on for years. Now he's an enforcer who will have O'Brien looking over his shoulder and he's still a great mark. Oh and he copped a knock last game which was the reason he was unsighted after the first quarter. Bollocks. He's slow, occasionally does something good and then disappears for the rest of the game. He's been playing like that for years. He provides sfa forward pressure when the ball is in dispute or the opposition have possession. Put him out to pasture at Sandy. Please.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Watters didnt believe so. Had more impact than most key forwards running around.

Can you name the ones he had more impact on? Should be plenty if it is most.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Can you name the ones he had more impact on? Should be plenty if it is most.

Good question. Go ahead Curly. Let it rip. Which key forwards did he have more impact than in his 7 disposal, 4 mark, 2 hit-out, 1 goal only game of the year?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

st.byron wrote:Go ahead Curly. Let it rip.
:D

*crickets*