The Whingers!!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Batnoe
Club Player

The Whingers!!

So here we are! A decade of almost there..
Now we are rebuilding and tossers abusing the fact we won't win and embarrassed!!
The real supporters stay with us. The rest can fuckoff..

Had saints friends say that the bombers game was embarrassing and Anzac even worse. I really couldn't care.. Play the kids.. Build the dynasty and get excited

Carn Saints
Greg T
Club Player

Re: The Whingers!!

Maybe your right !
But I reckon it's not a decade, more like a lifetime of almost there .1 flag.
But that is and always will be the mighty saints and we love them .

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Been a supporter for 50 years, and seen it all. We beat the Bombers by over 70 last year, and we got beaten by 30-40 this year . Don't think the Bombers imploded after our game last year.....(might have decided to get the Chemical Brothers in though....). Embarrassing is when you get beaten by over 100. Saw that a few times. Standing on my own at Kardinia Park in 87 watching us get thrashed...same year watching the Wet Toast thrash us at the WACA. Stayed to the final siren both times.

Hopefully we don't plumb those depths. But to get games into the new ones, some hurt has to take place, and you need a few war-horses beside them. Getting rid of all the older guys too quickly was Melbourne's way, and that hasn't been pretty.

I will curse those missed goals in the second quarter of the 2009 GF all my days.

Always been fair-weather supporters, and always will be.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:So here we are! A decade of almost there..
Now we are rebuilding and tossers abusing the fact we won't win and embarrassed!!

Had saints friends say that the bombers game was embarrassing and Anzac even worse. I really couldn't care.. Play the kids.. Build the dynasty and get excited
Love ya work!
People need to find joy and get pumped into watching 10 or 12 kids develop into AFL guns over the next few years.
Right now I couldnt give a stuff about the scoreboard. Im look fwd to seeing it,.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Will be a novelty to be excited at Draft time again. Been a bit of a damp squib waiting to see who we get first with Pick 17 or 24. Seems like yesterday we got Roo and Koz and dreamt of better days. Then BJ and Luke....

Got to look on the bright side. And I'll be stoked if White and Ross and Minchington etc come good. Fair chance!

cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

Yep, it's time to stop looking backward and start looking forward. We are entering a new phase, so just embrace it and support your club.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

Just so long as we don't bottom out, play young kids too early or too much. We need some "balance" between blooding new players and maintaining our competitveness in every match - not necessarily winning. Our experienced core need some support during this transition period - it is they who busted their guts and got us into a slab of finals and went close in 2 GF's. The excitement they provided so many Saints supporters should not be trashed.

Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

I get where your coming from. I went and renewed the family memberships last week (hadn't got around to it) and paid more to be indivdual memberships so I could renew my SC (I let it lapse last year when they changed the rules).

How many are jumping off because we won't be in this years GF ??

If you can't find something to get excited about then you aren't "supporting" your club, you're looking for a pay off from them - a high gained from success and a chance to be one up on your mates. As much as everyone hangs it on the TIggers, they've sucked for the best part of thirty years and their membership baseline is still above ours - at least their members know how to hang tough.

We have too many that didn't get toughened up enduring the 80's and expect it all too easy. Get excited about seeing some good young players come through for the first time in a while. Believe me, and I am happy to have this thrown back in my face in three years time, Pelchen is a smart bloke, so is Watters. just because the plebs can't see it, doesn't mean they aren't working to a long term master plan.
Last edited by Dis Believer on Tue 23 Apr 2013 11:14am, edited 1 time in total.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
mightysainters
SS Hall of Fame

i did leave before the siren sounded, not because we were losing but a number of reasons
1. Umpire was seriously making my blood boil
2. Incessantly kicking high and long to Saad (wtf)
3. Our matchups and structure was horrible
4. Our coaching box needs to have a good hard evaluation...

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

think this is a bit rough. what is the problem with having a whinge and taking a reality pill. still love the club and always will. a supporter is a supporter and we should be encouraging more to join, not the other way around.

still think we will claim a decent scalp or two. as long as we beat Carlton. lots to look forward to with younger players coming through. real shame this year about Daniel Markworth, as I reckon he will turn into a bit of a star.

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
spert
Saintsational Legend

It's a forum, we're allowed to whinge when things are going bad. We are facing a lean period compared to recent years, so people get frustrated at the possibility of being down the ladder again- none of us want that. Most Saints supporters have been gutted after building up during the 2000s, the pleasure of watching our team playing in finals and to finally get into GFs then falling over at each attempt. We now need to look ahead and support as much as we ever did..Watters is still learning as an AFL coach, and has inherited a rusty car of a team..double whammy. Our season will kick start with a win over the Swans on Thursday.

Grrrrr
Club Player

Look at the Geelong model, they have done it perfectly. A constant bloody powerhouse that side is.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i will be sticking fat mate....through the good times and bad...always have...always will..... :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, good way to attack supporters, divide them, tell them you're superior and they should Farkoff... Luck we have 50 000 members.

Most saints supporters have never seen any success... Not why we support the club... Or we'd have picked another...

A lot of us have 'stuck fat' or we'd have been well gone.... High horse supporters proud of their loyaly through failure and wear it as a badge of honour.... Make me wanna puke...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Yeah, good way to attack supporters, divide them, tell them you're superior and they should Farkoff... Luck we have 50 000 members.

Most saints supporters have never seen any success... Not why we support the club... Or we'd have picked another...

A lot of us have 'stuck fat' or we'd have been well gone.... High horse supporters proud of their loyaly through failure and wear it as a badge of honour.... Make me wanna puke...

Sounds like you arent sticking fat with those supporters. Why do you contradict yourself so often in the one post? i can never understand supporters constantly whinging about the club and just about everything they do and post 3 times as much when we lose and see things in hindsight but they dont make me puke. They actually make me have a good laugh but thats fine. Humour is good for you.

Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:Yeah, good way to attack supporters, divide them, tell them you're superior and they should Farkoff... Luck we have 50 000 members.

You've twisted the support of people like me for your own argument. Which I don't understand by the way. You make lots of good footy observations, but I'm not sure who you are railing against with these perennial 'loser mentality' rants. We have had bad administration for most of our 140 years. Run for office yourself. Put up or shut up.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Let him whinge, it's ok...some like to bag the board...I just blame the ex coach...it's our therapy mate ;)

It helps with the cathartic cleansing and allows the players still there not to feel too bad about themselves

They deserve our full support

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Get behind the club by keeping the pressure on and demanding the best of ourselves and the club.

That's the best we can do.

Sitting by passively as our club sails into oblivion is as bad as not supporting at all, in my view.

Be part of solution. Don't encourage the problem.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Are we proud of our history??

I love the club, like all.... But I'm not proud of our losing history and would rather see the club succeed, ultimately.

P66
I accept all supporters, apologists an all... It's their right. Doesn't mean I can't comment on their view if they put it out there...... I don't like people who think what they say is more important than the next

Which really, is why you s*** me.... Patronising personified

Two more things

I stick fat to the club.... Supporters can please themselves....

Can you statistically prove my posting rates?!
Are you that obsessed?? I guess you just post the same amount all of the time?!

Too Much!!!!!

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I believe you need to sit back and watch the redevelopment until it looks like they have had a good go and are going down the wrong path or have the runs on the board. Destabilising can put you back more than anything. Let the guys we got to do the rebuild get their hands dirty and see what it brings. We just have to hope they can get the quality of kids the Hawks got in.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Are we proud of our history??

I love the club, like all.... But I'm not proud of our losing history and would rather see the club succeed, ultimately.

P66
I accept all supporters, apologists an all... It's their right. Doesn't mean I can't comment on their view if they put it out there...... I don't like people who think what they say is more important than the next

Two more things

Too Much!!!!!

I s*** you. Well knock me down with a feather. You dont like people who think what they say is more important than the rest. As my daughter would say OMG. No i cant prove your posting rates. just thought i would jump on your lying bandwagon. You must be looking forward to after the game on Thursday when you can tell us all what is wrong with the club. Should get you a stiffy.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

P66

Two more things

Too Much!!!!!

+1

He sh1ts most of us. P66 Shouldn't even be on this thread...should be on the one called patronising antagonist apologist tool...and the other one that says; drugs - what drugs?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:

P66

Two more things

Too Much!!!!!

+1

He sh1ts most of us. P66 Shouldn't even be on this thread...should be on the one called patronising antagonist apologist tool...and the other one that says; drugs - what drugs?

Have you done a survey Scollop. I must say if my opinion was the same as your I would be worried about my footy knowledge. You and BM together. He should be so proud. When will you bag SW. the day he leaves? Lets face it you know nothing at all about footy so please dont waste our time posting on footy. this stuff now is more your go.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

So you've already called the loss?! Interesting

Me, I'm quite confident we'll win.... We match up well with Sydney and have a good record against them. But that's a footy discussion, not your strength!

So you admit to lying?! Also interesting, because you've used that same stat on three separate occasions now.... All lies yeah.
I've always taken you with a grain of salt, no you admit to being full of it, I'll make sure I do.....

I have little need to lie, can get things wrong... No reason why I'd intentionally lie?! I am unknown on here, I have nothing to gain. I'm actually not sure why you just said you are?! Strange?!

And
I've told you... Please don't get blue, something disturbing and disgusting about an old dude mentioning anything close to sex... Yuck
If I were related to someone like you OMG would be understandable as a reaction.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

I was confident last week....

This week I reckon they will tear us a new one.

Still, I thought Richmond were going to flog us...and we could have, should have won that game :shock:

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....