Milne offered a week

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Life Long Saint
Saintsational Legend

Milne offered a week

From the AFL twitter feed...
@AFL wrote:Stephen Milne can accept 1 game for making unnecessary contact to the face of Courtenay Dempsey (Ess).

Beno88
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Milne offered a week

Full report....

Tom Bellchambers, Essendon, has been charged with a Second Offence for engaging in a melee ($2800 sanction) during the half-time break of the Round Four match between Essendon and St Kilda, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 20, 2013.

In summary, he can accept a $2100 sanction with an early plea.

A second offence for engaging in a melee is a $2800 sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a $2100 sanction.

Michael Hibberd, Essendon, has been charged with a Second Offence for engaging in a melee ($2800 sanction) during the half-time break of the Round Four match between Essendon and St Kilda, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 20, 2013.

A second offence for engaging in a melee is a $2800 sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a $2100 sanction.

Jake Carlisle, Essendon, has been charged with a Second Offence for engaging in a melee ($2800 sanction) during the half-time break of the Round Four match between Essendon and St Kilda, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 20, 2013.

Stephen Milne, St Kilda, has been charged with a Third Offence for engaging in a melee ($4000 sanction) during the half-time break of the Round Four match between St Kilda and Essendon, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 20, 2013.

In summary, he can accept a $3000 sanction with an early plea.

A third offence for engaging in a melee is a $4000 sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a $3000 sanction.

Nathan Wright, St Kilda, has been charged with a First Offence for engaging in a melee ($1600 sanction) during the half-time break of the Round Four match between St Kilda and Essendon, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 20, 2013.

In summary, he can accept a $1200 sanction with an early plea.

A first offence for engaging in a melee is a $1600 sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a $1200 sanction.

Tom Simpkin, St Kilda, has been charged with a First Offence for engaging in a melee ($1600 sanction) during the half-time break of the Round Four match between St Kilda and Essendon, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 20, 2013.

A first offence for engaging in a melee is a $1600 sanction. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to a $1200 sanction.

Ahmed Saad, St Kilda, has been charged with a First Offence for engaging in a melee ($1600 sanction) during the half-time break of the Round Four match between St Kilda and Essendon, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 20, 2013.

Jarryn Geary, St Kilda, has been charged with a First Offence for engaging in a melee ($1600 sanction) during the half-time break of the Round Four match between St Kilda and Essendon, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 20, 2013.

Stephen Milne, St Kilda, has been charged with a Level Two misconduct offence (225 demerit points, two-match sanction) for misconduct in that he made unnecessary contact to the face of Courtenay Dempsey, Essendon, during the fourth quarter of the Round Four match between St Kilda and Essendon, played at Etihad Stadium on Saturday April 20, 2013.

In summary, he can accept a one-match sanction with an early plea.

Based on the video evidence available and a medical report from the Essendon Football Club, the incident was assessed as reckless conduct (two points), low impact (one point) and high contact (two points). This is a total of five activation points, resulting in a classification of a Level Two offence, drawing 225 demerit points and a two-match sanction. He has no existing good or bad record. An early plea reduces the sanction by 25 per cent to 168.75 points and a one-match sanction.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

What a effing joke another example of us being bent over.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:What a effing joke another example of us being bent over.

Or of you just whinging about every other club getting better deals. Firstly have you even seen it and secondly where are the stats that show the pies get the best deal with the umps. There are just people who whinge about everything and need to get the chip off their shoulder so they dont unbalance. While you are at it can you explain why they would give Milne a week if he didnt deserve it?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Should we be at all worried that it's only the kids + Milne that went in to bat for Saad?

paddy
Club Player

SainterK wrote:Should we be at all worried that it's only the kids + Milne that went in to bat for Saad?

the whole team presented, some are proabably just smart enough to avoid getting a fine....

i mainly feel for wright.... gonna hit his hip pocket more than the others....

I just hope that a positive out of an annoying negative is that it brings them all together....

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Take the week.

Given TDL is almost an automatic out, that leaves Saad and Melira as the small forwards.

But does Milera deserve a game against Sydney ?

Tough calls need to be made.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
spert
Saintsational Legend

The guys should have shown that kind of fight during the match

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Take the week.

Given TDL is almost an automatic out, that leaves Saad and Melira as the small forwards.

Drop them all.

SainterK wrote:Yep, out Mline official....
I would've dropped him anyway, along with the other three smalls (Saad, Milera and TDL). They can all go back to Sandy until/if they learn how to tackle and pressure inside our attacking 50. Plus we need some bigger bodies so I'd be bringing in more mediums into our forward line (Dunnel, Murdoch, Siposs and Lee) and have mids resting there (Steven, Armo, Joey and Dal).

Richter
SS Life Member

For mine Milera was clearly the worst player on Friday night and TDL got into the game a little more after milera went off.

If your smalls don't get much of the ball then you need them to do something (i.e. kick goals) when they do get it, and when they aren't they need to be doing something defensively (like laying tackles).

Milera (in 2.5 quarters) - 8 disposals, 0 goals, 1 tackle
TDL (for the full game) - 9 disposals, 2 goals, 6 tackles
Milne - 12 disposals, 1 goal, 2 tackles
Saad - 8 disposals, 2 goals, 5 tackles

IMO from those stats only Saad and TDL deserve another go.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Viking3
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:What a effing joke another example of us being bent over.

Or of you just whinging about every other club getting better deals. Firstly have you even seen it and secondly where are the stats that show the pies get the best deal with the umps. There are just people who whinge about everything and need to get the chip off their shoulder so they dont unbalance. While you are at it can you explain why they would give Milne a week if he didnt deserve it?
None of the reports/sanctions are wrong. My issue is that the flog Dempsey started the melee yet somehow gets off altogether! WTF

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

For mine Milera was clearly the worst player on Friday night and TDL got into the game a little more after milera went off.

If your smalls don't get much of the ball then you need them to do something (i.e. kick goals) when they do get it, and when they aren't they need to be doing something defensively (like laying tackles).

Milera (in 2.5 quarters) - 8 disposals, 0 goals, 1 tackle
TDL (for the full game) - 9 disposals, 2 goals, 6 tackles
Milne - 12 disposals, 1 goal, 2 tackles
Saad - 8 disposals, 2 goals, 5 tackles

IMO from those stats only Saad and TDL deserve another go.

I thought TDL was a disgrace last week. he may have tackled ok but he isnt an AFL footballers bootlace IMO. If all 3 play then we really know where the club is at. And anyone who thinks ordinary small forwards play well when the mids struggle just dont get footy.
Last edited by plugger66 on Mon 22 Apr 2013 6:06pm, edited 1 time in total.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

Disgrace is a bit strong IMO. Perhaps just not up to speed? I still don't get why he was recruited given we already had 4 small type forwards available.

As for the others, Milera was as soft as butter, and Saad just fumbles under pressure. Not one of Milney's stellar matches either.

Not a great day for our smalls. We are struggling ...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St DAC wrote:Disgrace is a bit strong IMO. Perhaps just not up to speed? I still don't get why he was recruited given we already had 4 small type forwards available.

As for the others, Milera was as soft as butter, and Saad just fumbles under pressure. Not one of Milney's stellar matches either.

Not a great day for our smalls. We are struggling ...

Probably right. He was very ordinary as was all of them. No idea why we got TDl and said it at the time. Happy for someone to explain the logic.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Should we be at all worried that it's only the kids + Milne that went in to bat for Saad?

yep.....reckon beau would have too, only for his broken hand....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Probably right. He was very ordinary as was all of them. No idea why we got TDl and said it at the time. Happy for someone to explain the logic.
Milne probably retires this year, but that's still too many small forwards. Maybe the rumour that Milera wants to go back to Adelaide is true - in which case, it would make sense in the long term to have TDL on the list.

As for Milne, I reckon he'll play at Sandy for at least a week or two after his suspension.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Probably right. He was very ordinary as was all of them. No idea why we got TDl and said it at the time. Happy for someone to explain the logic.
Milne probably retires this year, but that's still too many small forwards. Maybe the rumour that Milera wants to go back to Adelaide is true - in which case, it would make sense in the long term to have TDL on the list.

As for Milne, I reckon he'll play at Sandy for at least a week or two after his suspension.

But hw wasnt good at Sydney and seems out of his depth with us. We would be better to give Minchington a go. His body is big enough.

Munga
Saintsational Legend

So 3 bombers get fined and 5 saints....

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

I know he is a Rookie so cant play but can Sandy watchers give us a rundown on Minchington?

Is he far off AFL level?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bergholt wrote:

But hw wasnt good at Sydney and seems out of his depth with us. We would be better to give Minchington a go. His body is big enough.
Pluggs - whats your thoughts on Minchington?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:I know he is a Rookie so cant play but can Sandy watchers give us a rundown on Minchington?

Is he far off AFL level?

He can play and looks ok. kicks very well from the looks of it. I would have thought he was a fair way off until I saw Milne, Milera, Saad and TDL last week.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:I know he is a Rookie so cant play but can Sandy watchers give us a rundown on Minchington?

Is he far off AFL level?

He can play and looks ok. kicks very well from the looks of it. I would have thought he was a fair way off until I saw Milne, Milera, Saad and TDL last week.
:D
Is Minch our #1 man now?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Is he far off AFL level?

:D
Is Minch our #1 man now?

Well he has to play for Milne. saunders looks quite short so he will come in for Maister. i think they will also play geary forward this week and move Rooy to HB to play on Sydneys smalls and when Ben needs a chop out in the ruck he will rest on the wing and Joey will do the ruck work. I would also have a bench of Kosi, Stanley and hickey and have Lewis pierce as the sub.

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

So am I correct in assuming that Dempsey who obviously fired off a comment that may have been close to guidelines of racial vilification that upset Saad, escaped any kind of sanction and wasn't even asked ot explain himself about his posssible comments?

WTF?

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Milne probably retires this year, .
not according to milne....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.