I have read some rubbish before but

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Re: I have read some rubbish before but

bobmurray wrote:That's actually a good thread by skeptic...it's only the title that might upset the precious ones amongst us...

it's certainly better than some of the other drivel posted on here sine we folded against the Injectors....
reading the title and the name of the poster was enough for me.... :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SuperDuper
Club Player

I am with Plugger on this one.
Some rubbish threads.

Highlighted by claims that Roo is not putting in effort. That is just insane to suggest!

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:I am with Plugger on this one.
Some rubbish threads.

Highlighted by claims that Roo is not putting in effort. That is just insane to suggest!

gawd...me agreeing with plugga...... :wink:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
bobmurray wrote:That's actually a good thread by skeptic...it's only the title that might upset the precious ones amongst us...

it's certainly better than some of the other drivel posted on here sine we folded against the Injectors....
reading the title and the name of the poster was enough for me.... :roll:
lol you haven't even read it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

absolutely nailed it didn't I...

play the man Stinger... go ahead call names coz that's all you got. Don't get into a real argument though coz you can't compete on an intellectual level

and why would I think you're bitter... maybe it's gems like this
stinger wrote: i thought your headline was disgusting...and i'm free to say so....that's what happens in this country.... it's called freedom of speech...despite what you and your pc exponents would like to see.....
freedom of speech is having an opinion and being able to express it w/o being attacked... :lol: :lol: :lol: get it?? it's the exact opposite of what you're doing. You haven't even read my opinion but your attacking me... just plain abuse is what I'm getting because you're holding a grudge about a previous argument.

I love it. Freedom of speech you say but only you're allowed to have it... don't want to be abused but your stalking me around abusing me w/o even reading the threads. It is pathetic... and the brilliant part is... don't even see the hypocrisy of what you're doing... and you never will.

And what's with the country remarks... how is it even relevant?

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Well i could never accuse you of lacking confidence in the club. Even though I dont like some of the threads started last night i am actually very worried that we will be down for at least 3 years before we even go back up the ladder. And i am sorry but I only went with the name of your thread and not really the actual content.
No hard feelings here plugs...

clearly the title of the thread has both detracted from its content and attracted the wrong type attention

for the record I agree mostly with your op... a lot of ppl have really overreacted with this sack Pelchen, retire half the list nonsense

stinger
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:[

play the man Stinger... go ahead call names coz that's all you got. Don't get into a real argument though coz you can't compete on an intellectual level

and why would I think you're bitter... maybe it's gems like this

[

freedom of speech is having an opinion and being able to express it w/o being attacked... :lol: :lol: :lol: get it?? it's the exact opposite of what you're doing. You haven't even read my opinion but your attacking me... just plain abuse is what I'm getting because you're holding a grudge about a previous argument.

I love it. Freedom of speech you say but only you're allowed to have it... don't want to be abused but your stalking me around abusing me w/o even reading the threads. It is pathetic... and the brilliant part is... don't even see the hypocrisy of what you're doing... and you never will.

And what's with the country remarks... how is it even relevant?

how pathetic are you....??? you want to post crap...pple are free to respond without being personally attacked..and your headline was the crappiest one i've seen in awhile....calling you a sore loser is hardly attacking the poster....just stating a fact...you on the other hand replied with an abusive post......you are everything you accuse me of ..and you have the gall to call me a hypocrite....pot kettle black...imho.... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: ...and you want to compare iq's??...that all you got ffs....???...and you have the hide to call saints players dumb.... :roll:...and further....nah... why bother he ain't worth the effort.... :roll:
Last edited by stinger on Mon 22 Apr 2013 11:46am, edited 2 times in total.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Well i could never accuse you of lacking confidence in the club. Even though I dont like some of the threads started last night i am actually very worried that we will be down for at least 3 years before we even go back up the ladder. And i am sorry but I only went with the name of your thread and not really the actual content.
No hard feelings here plugs...

clearly the title of the thread has both detracted from its content and attracted the wrong type attention

for the record I agree mostly with your op... a lot of ppl have really overreacted with this sack Pelchen, retire half the list nonsense
brown nosing now????

matrix
Saintsational Legend

stinger
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:Image
nah...he's not worth the effort.....little knowbody...posts rubbish......take the k out of his name and you get a better picture of his posts.... :roll:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

At least I post about football and the topic... you just post abuse. Get that?

In the interest of not detracting further away from the topic, I will stop responding to your dribble.

I look forward to you targeting my next FOOTBALL related post with abuse WITHOUT actually contributing. Follow me around like a bitter stalker and call me names Albert. I won't bite anymore because quite frankly your too far beneath a response. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one except Stinger... I know that coz your just too full of $h!t

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

People should really use the foe option, it gets bagged a bit....but why not.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:At least I post about football and the topic... you just post abuse. Get that?

In the interest of not detracting further away from the topic, I will stop responding to your dribble.

I look forward to you targeting my next FOOTBALL related post with abuse WITHOUT actually contributing. Follow me around like a bitter stalker and call me names Albert. I won't bite anymore because quite frankly your too far beneath a response. Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one except Stinger... I know that coz your just too full of $h!t
now, that's not an abusive post is it..???.....easy to get under your skin ..oh...and because you asked so nicely septic...i read your article......and it's still rubbish...... :roll: :roll: :roll:

saintly
Saintsational Legend

I agree with you plugger.

Unfortunaltely we won't be winning too many games in the near future

sydney then collingwood then, carlton.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:People should really use the foe option, it gets bagged a bit....but why not.
he's not even worth foeing...otherwise i would have added him a long time ago......

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Huh?

I wasn't suggesting foeing skeptic.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Huh?

i thought you were...he was the one being abusive...or didn't you read all the posts.... :roll:

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

i thought you were...he was the one being abusive...or didn't you read all the posts.... :roll:
Actually I didn't think my post was being specific to anyone, just suggesting that people should use it if they feel the need, because it eliminates friction and saves long threads that get off track.

If you've taken my suggestion personally, that's for you to think about.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
stinger wrote:

Actually I didn't think my post was being specific to anyone, just suggesting that people should use it if they feel the need, because it eliminates friction and saves long threads that get off track.

If you've taken my suggestion personally, that's for you to think about.
okay mate...take your word for it...you are one poster i have no intention of fighting with or trying to offend.....i like your posts too much....

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

If you respect me, then I'll be honest Stinger.

It's obvious more people need to add you to their foe list, and you need to add more to yours.

I hope you're big enough to see that.

Zero interest in taking sides, just calling it as I see it.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:If you respect me, then I'll be honest Stinger.

It's obvious more people need to add you to their foe list, and you need to add more to yours.

I hope you're big enough to see that.

Zero interest in taking sides, just calling it as I see it.

i have no problem with ppple adding me....the ones i want on my foe list are already there.....but thanks for the advice.....

ps...it's a decision i don't make lightly....

Megamaguire
Club Player

I must say before the game started i looked at the games played by the newies in the Saints backgrnd, Simpkin, Roberton, Wright etc and felt they cannot be expected to just push these essendon grunts off the ball. I wasn't really surprised by the outcome, but disapoinnted of coarse. This period of o;d stars aging and young players trying to establish themselves and set in place a cohesive group mind that brings results is not exactly an easy one. This is not a settled side yet. There is fast tracking taking place i think because we are rebuilding for the future. Watters doesn't want to use such negative sounding language but he probably knows the story.
Not having one big tall option who can meet any physical challenge charging into our defensive zone is St.Kilda's disadvantage. Hopefully the club can find a way to rectify this. I didn't see the game - just tuned into it on the radio but i'm not perepared to sink into sink into negativity . I can sympathise with fellow Saints who are sick in the gut with this difficult transition but i don't think this group will simply lie down. Yes we need a few more key inclusions into this growing team so all i can do is hope they appear on the scene sooner rather than later.

We're haven't been used to seeing mediocre performances at St. Kilda in recent years and i still don't believe we are going to slide into this way of operating.

KEEP THE FAITH SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:freedom of speech is having an opinion and being able to express it w/o being attacked...
bulls***. Freedom of speech means being able to express your opinion, and being willing to accept the consequences of expressing that opinion. Of course someone's allowed to attack someone else's opinion - every opinion isn't equally valid, and robust debate is one way to clear things up.

Simon Templar
Club Player

Agree with P66 sentiment but would like to add my obs that goddard, over last 2 years, played with same lack of sparkle as the Saints did on the weekend. Lack of sparklde, listleness, call it whatever but the boys appear to be just going through the motions, as professionals. Enter goddard to essendon and , hey presto, a new lease on life for him, new outlook, some zest and back to best. He looked great, as good as the other Sainters did when they were up and about !!! Look at geelong who have a similar player age demographic as us, they are still up and about, on top of their game, leading the way and full of spark. OK they have a few flags to their name and Saints missed out. That's the difference......one mob's going through the motions.

Our boys have given their all, their blood and best years, to our club and broken records of all sorts, led the pack and filled our hearts with hope, pride and confidence for a decade. In good grace, perhaps we can cut them loose for benefit of them and us....or if we are going to keep them at all cost, find them a raison d'etre, please..

Go you good things....!!!
skeptic
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
skeptic wrote:freedom of speech is having an opinion and being able to express it w/o being attacked...
bulls***. Freedom of speech means being able to express your opinion, and being willing to accept the consequences of expressing that opinion. Of course someone's allowed to attack someone else's opinion - every opinion isn't equally valid, and robust debate is one way to clear things up.
we live in a society with free speech

that doesn't mean we can say whatever we want when we want

For example, I can't threaten someone even if I don't mean it
If I went up to a police officer and called them a $%^&er unprovoked, chances are I'd be arrested
If TV personalities made openly racist, derogatory remarks, they'd lose there jobs.

I don't u/s your post bergholt
In the context of my post, I made a thread and was abused by someone who hadn't even read it because they're holding a grudge from a previous argument. They then said that they are entitled to say what they want because of free speech. Showering me with abuse on a topic they have NOT read is not what freedom of speech is about. That's not an opinion... it's not in the interest of debate... that perpetrator has not actually expressed a football opinion, or even an opinion relevant to the thread.