Brendon Goddard you star

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

Re: Brendon Goddard you star

Not sure either one is looking for pity.
Would you not be entitled to shed a tear after exiting a long lasting (mostly happy marriage)
even if you are the one calling it quits?

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:Would you not be entitled to shed a tear after exiting a long lasting (mostly happy marriage)
even if you are the one calling it quits?
Nothing wrong with shedding tears after ending a long term relationship. It is just about always heartbreaking.

But why do it in public? And then say "I don't like seeeing them lose"?

From a supporter's point of view, it was a bit like having a long term partner leave you, she/he then marries a jerk and tells you down the track that she/he still loves you.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

No pity is owed to anyone

Respect for 480 games is though.....

Ross Lyon cost the club pick 30
It was on the table.... And refused

whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

understand what you're saying but true emotions can't be controlled and channeled,
You can embrace the new whilst not wanting to see the old in a bad situation.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I loved seeing the replay of it- looked like Mooney was going to piss himself at the dainty little weep going on in front of him. Patronised the s*** out of him. I thought he might sit on him knuckling his head offering to wipe his mascara off for him.

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Firstly .... A bird in the hand
That's not a bird.
BigMart wrote:Secondly ..... I love how people jump on or off people .... Because of the jumper they wear
Which people? Or are you having a crack at a stereotype that you have invented?
BigMart wrote:Ask every saint to a man.... What they thought of BJ last season and he would have been loved.
That's a pretty good survey. Or are you making that up?
BigMart wrote:Now he's a prick.... Because he made a professional decision which was actually smart.
So ?.....Your wife would be better off with Donald Trump. You should be happy about that?
BigMart wrote:Some people on here are blinded by their feelings for the club, and logic and sense goes out the window
This is a FAN forum.
BigMart wrote:They can't be critical, and can't see past their own prejudices
When it comes to Ball/Goddard/Cousins nor can you.
BigMart wrote:Example
Luke Ball is universally admired for a reason, and above all other supporters we should realise what he did when he put his head over the pill in the jumper.... He did things for StK that NO one on here would contemplate.... Are we grateful?
Up until the time when he cracked the sads and agreed to f*** off to an easier gig, yes.
BigMart wrote:Some bogans are not
Most bogans love him.
BigMart wrote:And he was basically forced out by a regime that didn't value him as much as a competitor
Croc'o's***. Forced out? Poor fucker was starving no doubt. Could have easily stayed, chose to f*** off.
BigMart wrote:Who was right..... Who has the premiership??
Well you don't have a premiership, so by your standards you are wrong.
BigMart wrote:Essendon will be the beneficiary of someone who in my mind is a class act..... Don't give a F*** what comments are made.
So why post it?
BigMart wrote:I know he loved stk.... How, because I watched him play 200 games in the jumper ..... He showed pain in his heart with every loss, in fact wore it on his sleeve....
...then he f***ed off for more money to a club that has no hesitation to cheat if they think they can get away with it.
It's enough to make you cry.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I loved seeing the replay of it- looked like Mooney was going to piss himself at the dainty little weep going on in front of him. Patronised the s*** out of him. I thought he might sit on him knuckling his head offering to wipe his mascara off for him.

Fair enough but how did you feel when opposition fans gave it to Riewoldt about his tears after the injury in Brisbane?

PJ
SS Life Member

Secondly ..... I love how people jump on or off people .... Because of the jumper they wear

Ask every saint to a man.... What they thought of BJ last season and he would have been loved.

Now he's a prick.... Because he made a professional decision which was actually smart.

Some people on here are blinded by their feelings for the club, and logic and sense goes out the window

They can't be critical, and can't see past their own prejudices

Example
Luke Ball is universally admired for a reason, and above all other supporters we should realise what he did when he put his head over the pill in the jumper.... He did things for StK that NO one on here would contemplate.... Are we grateful?
Some bogans are not

And he was basically forced out by a regime that didn't value him as much as a competitor

Who was right..... Who has the premiership??

Essendon will be the beneficiary of someone who in my mind is a class act..... Don't give a F*** what comments are made.

I know he loved stk.... How, because I watched him play 200 games in the jumper ..... He showed pain in his heart with every loss, in fact wore it on his sleeve....
Wow what an arrogant self indulgent egotist you are

I've never seen a bad St.Kilda player - that's just how they are.
paddy
Club Player

He certainly won me over with that interview....

Thanks for your service BJ, i hope essendon get banned and you are playing with their VFL squad for the rest of the year....

but ur still a champ in my eyes (just kick back a gear when playing the saints)

thanks

lummox
Club Player

I didn't see the game so forgive me for asking, but was Goddard involved in the half time tussle?

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Not really, came in at the end to pull it apart.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Richter
SS Life Member

saintsRrising wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Roo is coming out of his immense 5 year contract (somehow that's ok).
There are some major differences.

Roo"s period included our GF window. When signed he was our No1 player

A new contract for BJ over 4 years would not have except maybe in the fourth year. Last year BJ was not in our best several players, let alone be our No1.

So in the circumstances of when the deal was done yes Roo's was ok.
You're forgetting that Rooey is also a 5 times Trevor Barker medallist and multiple All Australian, including being AA captain. Goddard's a good player but he's had two seasons of Elite quality, 3 years ago. No comparison.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:I loved seeing the replay of it- looked like Mooney was going to piss himself at the dainty little weep going on in front of him. Patronised the s*** out of him. I thought he might sit on him knuckling his head offering to wipe his mascara off for him.
How prehistoric gringo.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Fact is, one guy decided if BJ stayed or not,

Fact? Then please illuminate. For you must have a source for it to be a fact.

Personally while I can guess that "one guy" had more sway than others I would imagine that at least several were involved.

With a player like BJ too, I would imagine the Board would have rubber-stamped it as one would presume that some governance rules are in place, just as they veto-ed Cousins coming to the club despite the then coach and football department, and indeed playing group all supporting it.

But as you know it for a fact. Please share.

Mine is purely my speculation.
SainterK wrote:
and everyone is now pretending he made the right decision.

Again purely my opinion, but I think the way the Saints have played to date this season has made it crystal clear that it was the right decision.
The Saints get to speed up our rebuild, and BJ gets his extra coin. Win win.

I think that we are better than we have shown to date this year, but if it is a flag you desire, then we have to attempt to rebuild our list to again. BJ going gives us a shot at rebuilding quicker.

Now whether Pelchen and the recruiters make enough right calls, for no one gets then all right, remains to be seen.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Mon 22 Apr 2013 12:01am, edited 2 times in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

They would be called the list manager.... He ultimately decides whether we would be better off with or without him....

I'm not certain I would have matched the offer.

Doesn't mean Goddard found it tough to leave, just a business decision..... He had to make

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Fact is, one guy decided if BJ stayed or not,
Actually I just realised that you are correct, or at least what you have written is correct, though I suspect your one guy is different than mine.

That one guy is BJ.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:
Doesn't mean Goddard found it tough to leave, just a business decision..... He had to make
Sure. It was his decision, and he made it.
The St Kilda Football club had to make a decision as well, and they made it. I think it was all sewed up a lot earlier in the peace than you would expect.
Doesn't matter who you believe; The club could have raised its offer/BJ could have accepted less...
Both parties agreed to let it go.
I wouldn't bag Brendan for being emotional. I don't care about any essendon players.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
Greg T
Club Player

Bj was a star.He gave us 10 great years and I'm as pissed off as anyone he left.
Maybe the club could have accommodated him a bit better.
Could of been worse,he could have gone to Carl/ Coll
All the best Bj your sorely missed....

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:They would be called the list manager.... He ultimately decides whether we would be better off with or without him....

I'm not certain I would have matched the offer.

Now you arent certain you would have matched the offer. How come all you do is whinge about him leaving? let me guess so later on you can say I told you so. As usual you are having it both ways.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

It's quite simple really.
BM views almost everything the Club does/has done/will do as wrong, therefore they are 100% at fault if
- a player leaves and succeeds to any degree at another club
- a player stays and doesn't succeed to his satisfaction

- and that is after he has 'bagged mercilessly' most drafting/recruiting that Club has done (in hindsight of course) because it is different to what he would have done.
Of course he never let the Club in on his expert opinions based on hundreds of hours of watching prospects live or on videotape, and personal interviews with the prospects and their coaches.
I for one cannot understand why the Saints Recruiting Dept don't check with him prior to deciding on those they want to select?
It truly is a shocking failure on their behalf.

BUT that is not the Club's biggest failing.
That is surely their inability to get the 'character test' correct on recruiting.
Afterall it is a simple proposition according to BM
We should have ignored Cousins' character flaws and signed him
We should have taken note of Lovett's character flaws and not signed him
We should have ignored Darling's character flaws and signed him
The 'BM Character Rule' is consistent and as clear as mud.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:It's quite simple really.
BM views almost everything the Club does/has done/will do as wrong, therefore they are 100% at fault if
- a player leaves and succeeds to any degree at another club
- a player stays and doesn't succeed to his satisfaction

- and that is after he has 'bagged mercilessly' most drafting/recruiting that Club has done (in hindsight of course) because it is different to what he would have done.
Of course he never let the Club in on his expert opinions based on hundreds of hours of watching prospects live or on videotape, and personal interviews with the prospects and their coaches.
I for one cannot understand why the Saints Recruiting Dept don't check with him prior to deciding on those they want to select?
It truly is a shocking failure on their behalf.

BUT that is not the Club's biggest failing.
That is surely their inability to get the 'character test' correct on recruiting.
Afterall it is a simple proposition according to BM
We should have ignored Cousins' character flaws and signed him
We should have taken note of Lovett's character flaws and not signed him
We should have ignored Darling's character flaws and signed him
The 'BM Character Rule' is consistent and as clear as mud.

Good to hear from you and an excellent post. He did tell us Sweeney would be no good as soon as we drafted him. Who would have thought pick 276 would be no good. And apparently Howard would be no good as well. i will give him that but if you say 70 will be no good you are going to get a few right.

Harvey To Hayes
Club Player

satchmo wrote:
That's not a bird.
BigMart wrote:Secondly ..... I love how people jump on or off people .... Because of the jumper they wear
Which people? Or are you having a crack at a stereotype that you have invented?
BigMart wrote:Ask every saint to a man.... What they thought of BJ last season and he would have been loved.
That's a pretty good survey. Or are you making that up?
BigMart wrote:Now he's a prick.... Because he made a professional decision which was actually smart.
So ?.....Your wife would be better off with Donald Trump. You should be happy about that?
BigMart wrote:Some people on here are blinded by their feelings for the club, and logic and sense goes out the window
This is a FAN forum.
BigMart wrote:They can't be critical, and can't see past their own prejudices
When it comes to Ball/Goddard/Cousins nor can you.
BigMart wrote:Example
Up until the time when he cracked the sads and agreed to f*** off to an easier gig, yes.
BigMart wrote:Some bogans are not
Most bogans love him.
BigMart wrote:And he was basically forced out by a regime that didn't value him as much as a competitor
Croc'o's***. Forced out? Poor fucker was starving no doubt. Could have easily stayed, chose to f*** off.
BigMart wrote:Who was right..... Who has the premiership??
Well you don't have a premiership, so by your standards you are wrong.
BigMart wrote:Essendon will be the beneficiary of someone who in my mind is a class act..... Don't give a F*** what comments are made.
So why post it?
BigMart wrote:I know he loved stk.... How, because I watched him play 200 games in the jumper ..... He showed pain in his heart with every loss, in fact wore it on his sleeve....
...then he f***ed off for more money to a club that has no hesitation to cheat if they think they can get away with it.
It's enough to make you cry.
+ 1 to all of the above. Rubbish post by BM.

The future's so bright I've got to wear shades...
bob__71
Club Player

In a thread full of bulls*** one man stands above them all.

Well done BigMart!

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Satchmo... Most of that didn't even make sense, rambling really...

Mr Magic

Good to hear from you again, right now the club needs all the apologist supporters it can get. You and your old buddy can gang up on me as much as you like and take enjoyment out of abusing me... It'll make you feel good about the suffering we are about to go through?!

Remember back years ago champ when I stuck my neck out and said Justin was not AFL material and you attacked me mercilessly.... You were adamant I had no right to make an early judgement..... Of course now it hindsight

Then of course the Ball and Cousins fiasco.... Pretty sure I made my calls at the time?

I suppose my due diligence wrt to character is about as consistent as the clubs..... But you are correct, I don't have a full time job and a 5 figure salary to research.... Even with that, the clubs recruiting has been shameful and embarrasing for those
SW has constantly alluded to it...

But another Difference is, I'm not really interested in character too much .... Many great players aren't good characters (draw the line at women bashers) but I'm more interested in attitude towards footy....

Cousins was a perfectionist with preparation which was why he was a superstar, wasn't by accident. His recruitment is just a risk (not really) but one willing to take
Darling from all reports is a training animal, a beast, a freak power athlete

Lovett was a lazy underachiever.....

Justin couldn't even get his head around AFL training schedules an workload... Not his fault, he was not even looking at an afl career........There were a dozen players drafted after his #71 selection, including premiership players and future stars...

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Btw

BJ

Star as a saint.... Always will be in my eyes

Same with Luke

No club apologist is going to alter my thinking on that one

since leaving, have carried themselves with humility. Hall, Everitt and Lockett all slagged the club ..... Not those 2 they were clearly torn!
And if I were Ball I would have shoved my medal up Ross's arse! Not him though, he was more worried about his former team mates and best friends pain...