Sandringham Games, News and Reviews 2013

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Sandringham Games, News and Reviews 2013

zebraman wrote:
borderbarry wrote:Are you sure Saunders and Dunell had injuries, or taken off earlly for NZ?
Taken off early I believe...which left our bench a bit short

Dunnell definitely came off with an injury. Were you the guy talking to an old Port guy before the game?

zebraman
Club Player

Pretty sure he was rested...he was fine after the game...

I was talking a Port guy after the game...not before the game

" The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle "
zebraman
Club Player

Too busy before the game helping to organise the jumpers..we had new jumpers this week and 7 players had to change from their original number to a new one as they didn't fit properly..

" The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle "
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

zebraman wrote:Too busy before the game helping to organise the jumpers..we had new jumpers this week and 7 players had to change from their original number to a new one as they didn't fit properly..

I was wondering what happened there. Shouldnt Lucas be helping you?

zebraman
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
zebraman wrote:Too busy before the game helping to organise the jumpers..we had new jumpers this week and 7 players had to change from their original number to a new one as they didn't fit properly..

I was wondering what happened there. Shouldnt Lucas be helping you?
Lucas was the runner for the 2's, then over the other side of the ground with the stats team for the main game...We took all our old jumpers down as a precautionary measure...had to use one of the old jumpers when Staleys new one was ripped..

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Saunders, White & Curren.

Sounds like a VERY positive day for the Saints future.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/bays ... 15de4261ae
Then came the siren, with a whimper rather than blast. Some spectators in the grandstand didn't hear it, but the sight of the players slumping to the ground in disappointment told them an outstanding match was over.

For Port, Cain finished with six goals and a few more admirers, key defender Sam Pleming seemingly took it upon himself to hold Sandy off in the last quarter, speedster Nathan Batsanis was often a blur of brilliance and Charlie Woodley, recruited from the VAFA, looked comfortable on debut.

Sandy had worth contributors in young Saints Joshua Saunders and White, seasoned hands Marigliani and Adam Cockie, and the nippy and neat Chris Michaliades, who slipped in for three goals.

As excitement gave way to reflection, McPhee said his team was "challenged physically by some interesting tactics at certain times".

"No doubt we were targeted 'cause we were young and I thought our players stood up to that pretty well," he said.

"We knew they'd come hard in the last quarter. We tried to give ourselves some cover when they went long and deep."

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
stinger
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader/bays ... 15de4261ae
Then came the siren, with a whimper rather than blast. Some spectators in the grandstand didn't hear it, but the sight of the players slumping to the ground in disappointment told them an outstanding match was over.

For Port, Cain finished with six goals and a few more admirers, key defender Sam Pleming seemingly took it upon himself to hold Sandy off in the last quarter, speedster Nathan Batsanis was often a blur of brilliance and Charlie Woodley, recruited from the VAFA, looked comfortable on debut.

Sandy had worth contributors in young Saints Joshua Saunders and White, seasoned hands Marigliani and Adam Cockie, and the nippy and neat Chris Michaliades, who slipped in for three goals.

As excitement gave way to reflection, McPhee said his team was "challenged physically by some interesting tactics at certain times".

"No doubt we were targeted 'cause we were young and I thought our players stood up to that pretty well," he said.

"We knew they'd come hard in the last quarter. We tried to give ourselves some cover when they went long and deep."

...that's one way of putting it...thuggish behaviour is another.....ayers might not think much of white...but a lot more pple don't think much of ayers.....ordinary player...good coach at vfl level....but a very ordinary bloke....imhfo.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

...that's one way of putting it...thuggish behaviour is another.....ayers might not think much of white...but a lot more pple don't think much of ayers.....ordinary player...good coach at vfl level....but a very ordinary bloke....imhfo.....
Gday Stinger

For those of us out of the loop and not at the game - can you elaborate on what took place?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
stinger wrote:

Gday Stinger

For those of us out of the loop and not at the game - can you elaborate on what took place?

Stinger lives in Canberra. he hasnt got a clue about it.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
stinger wrote:

Gday Stinger

OK pluggs - you were there.
Can you tell us please?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Gday Stinger

Can you tell us please?

The only time I saw him get hurt was an accident.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Can you tell us please?

Port Melbourne player Sam O'Sullivan hit Sammy Dunell behind play, fair and square in head. Dunell went down and came from ground. No gameday report but will be looked at on video. Happened right in front of me. Should get weeks if footage i clear and it was caught, if not he got away with one. Port were really at young kids behind play all day and on occasion took it to far.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stkildathunda wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Con Gorozidis wrote:

Can you tell us please?

Port Melbourne player Sam O'Sullivan hit Sammy Dunell behind play, fair and square in head. Dunell went down and came from ground. No gameday report but will be looked at on video. Happened right in front of me. Should get weeks if footage i clear and it was caught, if not he got away with one. Port were really at young kids behind play all day and on occasion took it to far.

Actually i saw that one as well. I forgot that was dempster. I was in the coaches box so it was right in front of me. Number 19 hit him with a good one. the second time was an accident though. I actually thought apart from that incident it was a fairly good tough game.

stkildathunda
SS Hall of Fame

plugger66 wrote:
stkildathunda wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Actually i saw that one as well. I forgot that was dempster. I was in the coaches box so it was right in front of me. Number 19 hit him with a good one. the second time was an accident though. I actually thought apart from that incident it was a fairly good tough game.
Yep was a good hit. Tempers were bit hot for while after that. But yea after half time it was good tough game. Did you notice from your position that boundry umpires couldnt throw it in straight, and it always seemed favour end Port were kicking to! Would go about 10m to one side instead straight in

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Can you chaps who were at the game tell us a bit more detail about Spencer and Saunders?

Strengths, weaknesses, likenesses etc

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Can you chaps who were at the game tell us a bit more detail about Spencer and Saunders?

All I know is Saunders likes KFC and Spencer talks funny.

lloyd21
Club Player

Saw whole game Saunders was very good finding ball ,quick , but needs to get composure & foot skills still require a lot of work.
Plus is he knows how to extract ball in contests plenty to work with.
Really reminds me of G Ablett at same age.
White is really exciting only a baby in experience needs to really work on his motor , defensive skills, if he does wow what a package he will be .You just know when you see him in full flight he has the X factor everyone has to patient with him.
Last edited by lloyd21 on Mon 22 Apr 2013 7:22pm, edited 1 time in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:Saw whole game Saunders was very finding ball ,quick , but needs to get composure & foot skills still require a lot of work.
Plus is he knows how to extract ball in contests so plenty to work.
White is really exciting only a baby in experience needs to really work on his motor , defensive skills, if he does wow what a package he will be .You just know when you see him in full flight he has the X factor everyone has to patient with him.
Thanks mate. Good to see it is possible to get a straight answer from someone around here :D :D :D
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Mon 22 Apr 2013 7:33pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
lloyd21 wrote:Saw whole game Saunders was very finding ball ,quick , but needs to get composure & foot skills still require a lot of work.
Plus is he knows how to extract ball in contests so plenty to work.
Thanks mate. Good to see how we can get a straight answer from someone around here :D :D :D

Didnt you like my comedy Con? Some of my best work.

zebraman
Club Player

stkildathunda wrote:

[/quote][/quote]

And Sam O'Sullivan is an ex Sandy player as well. Remember Andy Lovell describing him as a " future captain"

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
stinger wrote:

Gday Stinger

they were roughing up the young saints players all game......dunnel was hit once right in front of me...then latter a port player jumped right into his back...boots, knees the whole shebang.....he was lying face down on the ground holding his back....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:Can you chaps who were at the game tell us a bit more detail about Spencer and Saunders?

spencer was in and out of the game...got scragged a bit early on but came alive in the last quater and nearly won the game......got a bit to learn though...needs to build up his stamina to stay in the game longer....but he is really quick...buddy like as they say....

saunders had his best ever game.....shows a lot of promise...good size....brilliant kick.....