I have read some rubbish before but

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Re: I have read some rubbish before but

To me we haven't played well against the bombers for years because we are messy with our ball use and rely on getting back into zones and spreading. the quick sides have always bothered us.

The new style of footy which is based on Geelongs run and carry style but in hyper drive is going to keep bringing us undone until guys like Wright come on.

Saints need to look at building a side that can bring undone the quick teams- fast paced guys who can go one on one and spread while running flat out all day. Rhys will be handy, Steven, Hickey etc.

I think we are already doing that. Our small forwards will be expected to play more time rotated into the midfield and we need Spencer to get in and play as a quick lead up forward.

spert
Saintsational Legend

If yesterday was any indication, it's not so much a matter of leg speed, it's a matter of making a contest and winning those individual contests. It's hard to lay a tackle on your opponent if you don't stand shoulder to shoulder. I was hoping our forward line would hold the ball in yesterday, but instead of making a contest, the small forwards stood outside the packs like statues on goal side waiting for an easy crumb, rather than attack the ball, so the Dons could easily grab a loose ball and run straight out of defence, and to make matters worse, our mids didn't man-up off the ball, and their Bomber opponents could easily run off them to provide link up- this was one of the reasons Lyon dropped NDS and Milne to the VFL a few years back. Our coaching tactics or whatever plan just wasn't obvious yesterday, and the team just looked very undisciplined, and no amount of run or height will fix that in a hurry.

Saints43
Club Player

bergholt wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:And to say I have no knowledge about football. Their would be few on here that has played more than me. I played for East Burwood out of interest.
Barry Hall played a lot of games at a very high level. That doesn't make him any less of a deadshit.
Tony Shaw. Premiership captain. Knucklehead.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Cairnsman wrote:
BigMart wrote:Oh, and I've read plenty of rubbish before also.... Just before I wrote this...

Rubbish read, is in the eye of the reader... One must speak for themselves not others... Which is the height of arrogance
Did you read the "Brendan Goddard you are a Star" thread? That was a cracker.
i for one didn't...and won't be...not because of the op...but because i'm sick and tired of hearing his name....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:
saintsRrising wrote:
Reminds me of years ago when we tried to play a full forward line of Loewe, Locket and Mark Scott.
I don't think Mark Scott ever played with Plugger and Buckets.
we had two mark scotts...both around the same time....one from ballarat..who could play a bit and ended up at carscum i think...and the other...a loser we got from the dawks as part of the exchange for a young champion named russell greene....
I think I know who you are talking about but I don't think they played together. Anyway, it doesn't matter and it's still better than most of the garbage I'm reading on here.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
ROLS-LEE
Club Player

I never said roo wasn't good offensively. Probably works too hard, only 5 tackles for the year though.
As for Tony Shaw and Barry Hall. 2 premiership winning captains there.

Saints43
Club Player

ROLS-LEE wrote:I never said roo wasn't good offensively. Probably works too hard, only 5 tackles for the year though.
And what have you ever heard Tony Shaw say that taught you something? That's why he was brought up. Get it?

matrix
Saintsational Legend

mehhh

we are in for pain for a while

cmon
we didnt realize this after a couple of GF losses??
we didnt realize this when Lyon left??

what everyone thought we were going to make top 4??

cmon
players are older
it happens
they do get slower and sorer as it goes on

really really need a 'bay' here
where posts can be moved over

bay where its dribble
front where its footy game and discussion

but we'd need someone to mod it and make the call and shift the threads
so we're stuffed

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Saints43 wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:I never said roo wasn't good offensively. Probably works too hard, only 5 tackles for the year though.
And what have you ever heard Tony Shaw say that taught you something? That's why he was brought up. Get it?
At least someone gets the point.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:
SaintPav wrote:

we had two mark scotts...both around the same time....one from ballarat..who could play a bit and ended up at carscum i think...and the other...a loser we got from the dawks as part of the exchange for a young champion named russell greene....
I think I know who you are talking about but I don't think they played together. Anyway, it doesn't matter and it's still better than most of the garbage I'm reading on here.
nah i was wrong

had a think...and did some research...we had two m scotts...one malcolm.....the ballarat boy....played 1979-80...ten games and 26 goals...then went home...later played one game for sydney....the other mark scott was from hawthorn ..we got him and steak knives king in a poorly thought out swap for russell greene.......he played for us during the years 1980-83..played 34 games for 110 goals...topped our goal kicking with 48 goals in 1980 and 45 goals in 1982.......left to go to fitzroy during 1983 as part of a plan to boost the roys playing stocks....good reserves player....kicked 655 goals in 168 games.....plugga started in 83 ..so the the three of them....loewe , lockett and scott could well have played together in the same side....

Greg T
Club Player

Our older guys are still carrying the can forthe eam.Thank Christ for that.
Like most of us we have been starved for success for so long that this year really bites in even more.
Although I'm resigned to the fact we are in decline,when Rooey,Lenny ,dal, Kosi etc are nearly at the end of it,it's
Hard to see where the next of champs are coming from.
That middle tier really needs to improve drastically.
We've seen it before and well see it again...go saints

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
nah i was wrong

had a think...and did some research...we had two m scotts...one malcolm.....the ballarat boy....played 1979-80...ten games and 26 goals...then went home...later played one game for sydney....the other mark scott was from hawthorn ..we got him and steak knives king in a poorly thought out swap for russell greene.......he played for us during the years 1980-83..played 34 games for 110 goals...topped our goal kicking with 48 goals in 1980 and 45 goals in 1982.......left to go to fitzroy during 1983 as part of a plan to boost the roys playing stocks....good reserves player....kicked 655 goals in 168 games.....plugga started in 83 ..so the the three of them....loewe , lockett and scott could well have played together in the same side....
Loewe started in 1986 so they couldn't have played together.

The Russell Greene trade was a disaster. The club traded him to raise some cash to pay bills, wages etc for the month. I mean this literally. We were a basket case and should have gone under.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Waltzing St Kilda
SS Hall of Fame

It was a spiritless performance in an important game. It was much worse than the GC loss. Everyone can agree that we don't mind losing if the "non-negotiable" effort is there, but it wasn't. So it's reasonable to question what's going on because no one will want to watch the team if that's all we can expect for the year.

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Totally agree with Plugger's original post.

There really are a lot of people out there with no idea. I wonder how some of you manage to survive each day... flipping knuckleheads.

Exciting times are ahead. Tough times are ahead. At some point we'll be back up contending... hopefully it's only 2-3 years away. We'll need some luck at the draft table, trade intelligently & work to the plan that Pelchen & Watters have in front of them.

The bandwagon supporters will drop off & the ones that live the club's credo will hang tough, pay their membership & turn up to watch a belting or two. However it will be for them that the eventual glory will be sweetest....

So you bandwagon flogs can microwave your memberships (if you have them), bag the coach, call for Pelchen's head (unbelievable!) & in general be annoying negative sooks. Good riddance, don't come back when the times are good again.

happy feet
Club Player

P66 will die with shock, but his op is pretty well spot on. Unfortunately us like the less powerful clubs will struggle for the near foreseeable future. The AFL is run for the powerful and interstate clubs and I wonder how long clubs like us can survive with limited revenue from poor stadium deals, poor success rate, dwindling members and declining revenue. I honestly thought we would win one GF but now I feel that I will not see one in my lifetime . I know this sounds pessimistic but I know I am not the only one with this view. Can the Saints survive a 4 to 6 years sitting at the bottom of the ladder? I'm not sure.

Rugby League would have to be the stupidest, most moronic and over rated game of all time.
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

happy feet wrote:P66 will die with shock, but his op is pretty well spot on. Unfortunately us like the less powerful clubs will struggle for the near foreseeable future. The AFL is run for the powerful and interstate clubs and I wonder how long clubs like us can survive with limited revenue from poor stadium deals, poor success rate, dwindling members and declining revenue. I honestly thought we would win one GF but now I feel that I will not see one in my lifetime . I know this sounds pessimistic but I know I am not the only one with this view. Can the Saints survive a 4 to 6 years sitting at the bottom of the ladder? I'm not sure.
The AFL's TV rights deal says that we can't go bust. They've sold 18 teams and that's what they'll sell next time as well. Worst case we're forced to move somewhere, but I can't see that happening. The reason they maximize revenue from the big clubs is so they can afford to subsidise the little ones - even Eddie realises a six-team comp isn't where the money is.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:
stinger wrote:
nah i was wrong

Loewe started in 1986 so they couldn't have played together.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: ...didn't think to check that.....my bad... :oops:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Totally agree with Plugger's original post.

There really are a lot of people out there with no idea. I wonder how some of you manage to survive each day... flipping knuckleheads.

Exciting times are ahead. Tough times are ahead. At some point we'll be back up contending... hopefully it's only 2-3 years away. We'll need some luck at the draft table, trade intelligently & work to the plan that Pelchen & Watters have in front of them.

The bandwagon supporters will drop off & the ones that live the club's credo will hang tough, pay their membership & turn up to watch a belting or two. However it will be for them that the eventual glory will be sweetest....

So you bandwagon flogs can microwave your memberships (if you have them), bag the coach, call for Pelchen's head (unbelievable!) & in general be annoying negative sooks. Good riddance, don't come back when the times are good again.
i'm sticking fat mate...on here as well.... :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

matrix
Saintsational Legend

id rather throw my membership in the combustion heater
it'll just make a gooey mess in the microwave and then the misses will spit and, well its just not worth it.....

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

There seems to be some misinterpetation here...

big difference between criticising the performance this year with throwing in the towel... saying we're finished etc not that I'm ecstatic with the list but we've got some gems coming through, the list is turning over etc... another 20-30 games for some kids, a few trades... some good coaching and development I think we could easily be back up in a year or 2

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:There seems to be some misinterpetation here...

big difference between criticising the performance this year with throwing in the towel... saying we're finished etc not that I'm ecstatic with the list but we've got some gems coming through, the list is turning over etc... another 20-30 games for some kids, a few trades... some good coaching and development I think we could easily be back up in a year or 2

Well i could never accuse you of lacking confidence in the club. Even though I dont like some of the threads started last night i am actually very worried that we will be down for at least 3 years before we even go back up the ladder. And i am sorry but I only went with the name of your thread and not really the actual content.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
skeptic wrote:I think my thread... Especially in context explained itself pretty well and didn't really target any particular players... I originally did have both Dal and Hayes in that list as well as Milne but was worried it wld detract from the thread as they played so poorly

The headline was just to catch the eye of the forumite. I explained in the thread that I meant poorly trained in team rules (or lack there of ).
yeah...sure you did.... :roll:

for those that missed this "supporter's" views...here they are again....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80311

disgusting headline imhfo......from a very poor loser...
what a sad bitter man you are stinger

do you feel good following me around this forum just to insult me??? And you can't even string together an objective argument.

And yet you'd be the first to cry foul if someone did that to you.

Carry on with the name calling if that's all you got :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:There seems to be some misinterpetation here...

A bit optimistic.

We may stabilise in a year or two in the top part of the teams out of the eight. But will be 3+ years before we are contending again. 2015 would be probably the earliest.

Hope I am wrong.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

That's actually a good thread by skeptic...it's only the title that might upset the precious ones amongst us...

it's certainly better than some of the other drivel posted on here sine we folded against the Injectors....

Will we pick up a player in the SSP window :?:
stinger
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:
stinger wrote:
skeptic wrote:I think my thread... Especially in context explained itself pretty well and didn't really target any particular players... I originally did have both Dal and Hayes in that list as well as Milne but was worried it wld detract from the thread as they played so poorly

The headline was just to catch the eye of the forumite. I explained in the thread that I meant poorly trained in team rules (or lack there of ).
yeah...sure you did.... :roll:

for those that missed this "supporter's" views...here they are again....

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80311

disgusting headline imhfo......from a very poor loser...
what a sad bitter man you are stinger

do you feel good following me around this forum just to insult me??? And you can't even string together an objective argument.

And yet you'd be the first to cry foul if someone did that to you.

Carry on with the name calling if that's all you got :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm far from sad..and bitter would not be a term anybody who knew me would use to describe me......i thought your headline was disgusting...and i'm free to say so....that's what happens in this country.... it's called freedom of speech...despite what you and your pc exponents would like to see..... you on the other hand.... well..you are a poor loser...or maybe just a loser.....got your number, haven't i...????. :roll: :roll: :roll:

a fair weather supporter.....now there's a name that fits.... :roll: