New Zealand guernsey launched

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Re: New Zealand guernsey launched

You'll barely see the tribal pattern when they're playing, if at all.

C'mon guys, we are making how much money out of this venture? We need to be ham it up to make it a success.

snowdelisaint
Club Player

dragit wrote:You'll barely see the tribal pattern when they're playing, if at all.
That is true.

Meanwhile, in the other game,

dragit
Saintsational Legend

I couldn't give a rats what those sides do…
If we had 60,000 members or could get 90,000 to a H&A match, then we probably wouldn't have to shop our arse to NZ.
Shame it's not on FTA, reckon a lot of people would be interested in our game too.

st.byron
Saintsational Legend

I like it. Looks good. Gets a tick from me.

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

It's got red, white and black panels hasn't it.

andrewg wrote:Jumpers don't effect the way we play.
You have obviously never seen an Anzac day game..

dragit wrote:I couldn't give a rats what those sides do…
Yeah me neither. That's all from me on this topic. Good night everybody! Go Saints!
Last edited by snowdelisaint on Sat 20 Apr 2013 12:12am, edited 1 time in total.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I like it... Think it's a nice touch to a proven classic

Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

snowdelisaint wrote:
Selhurst Saint wrote:Who are Presidian??
Probably some New Zealand betting company!

I think its an electronics company. There is a law that prohibits teams wearing betting companies logos on their gear in NZ. Although with the recent partnership promotong Iron man 3 the nerd in me is disappointed we wont be wearing the Marvel Comics logo

On topic I love the jumper. Its a fantastic design.

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:I couldn't give a rats what those sides do…
If we had 60,000 members or could get 90,000 to a H&A match, then we probably wouldn't have to shop our arse to NZ.
Shame it's not on FTA, reckon a lot of people would be interested in our game too.
Yep, we have to prositute ourselves elsewhere to make a quid no choice.

May as well play 4 games a year in NZ like the Hawks do in Tassie.

For $2M a year ideally.....

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
St Lenny
Club Player

andrewg wrote:"Renowned New Zealand artist Derek Lardelli designed the guernsey to highlight the link between Australia and New Zealand" Herald sun http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-19/w ... ed-watters

"Although Derek Lardelli is best known as a Tā moko artist, his work ranges across a variety of media and cultural consultancy roles. Derek was the commissioning artist for the magnificent Maui sculptures that adorn his tribal mountain Hikurangi, along with other design and sculptural works created for national and international clients including the New Zealand Olympics team to Athens, the Commonwealth games team to Australia most recently the New Zealand Embassy in Cairo.

Derek’s design skills have been recognised by many. He works alongside small businesses and large corporations, such as Air New Zealand, for whom he designed the Māori motif incorporated into staff uniforms and the patterning used throughout their Corporate branding, soon to be seen on the paintwork of AirNZ planes.
Derek has emerged as a composer of note, having written winning songs, chants and haka. He was author of the much debated All Blacks haka “Kapa-o-pango” and continues to research and write of tribal histories and whakapapa. His art works can been seen in several publications including Manawa, Mataora, The New Zealand Historical Atlas and Songs of Waitaha.

As a fluent speaker of Māori his commitment is to the culture, language and customs of his ancestors. This means building strong connections to the land, marae and people, to his whanau, hapu and iwi. Derek Lardelli is actively involved in many facets of Te Ao Māori and continues to work as a practicing artist."

Enough Cred IMO
Thankyou for posting this. God some people go off half cocked over things. It wouldn't matter what St Kilda do, people always seem to rubbish it. Personally, I love the look of it. Suttle, yet classy.

saints66
Club Player

mr six o'clock wrote:Why do we need some moari tribal thing on our jumper ?

Some moari's say its good luck , others may say it's bad luck !
Is there anyone out there who can decipher its meaning .
if there are any moari's out there
Kia ora bro !

it's Maoris, bro

spert
Saintsational Legend

We should have gone for an all black jumper with a St K badge

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:We should have gone for an all black jumper with a St K badge
And employ Alves to train the players to do the Haka!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

St Lenny wrote:
andrewg wrote:"Renowned New Zealand artist Derek Lardelli designed the guernsey to highlight the link between Australia and New Zealand" Herald sun http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-04-19/w ... ed-watters

"Although Derek Lardelli is best known as a Tā moko artist, his work ranges across a variety of media and cultural consultancy roles. Derek was the commissioning artist for the magnificent Maui sculptures that adorn his tribal mountain Hikurangi, along with other design and sculptural works created for national and international clients including the New Zealand Olympics team to Athens, the Commonwealth games team to Australia most recently the New Zealand Embassy in Cairo.

Derek’s design skills have been recognised by many. He works alongside small businesses and large corporations, such as Air New Zealand, for whom he designed the Māori motif incorporated into staff uniforms and the patterning used throughout their Corporate branding, soon to be seen on the paintwork of AirNZ planes.
Derek has emerged as a composer of note, having written winning songs, chants and haka. He was author of the much debated All Blacks haka “Kapa-o-pango” and continues to research and write of tribal histories and whakapapa. His art works can been seen in several publications including Manawa, Mataora, The New Zealand Historical Atlas and Songs of Waitaha.

As a fluent speaker of Māori his commitment is to the culture, language and customs of his ancestors. This means building strong connections to the land, marae and people, to his whanau, hapu and iwi. Derek Lardelli is actively involved in many facets of Te Ao Māori and continues to work as a practicing artist."

Enough Cred IMO
Thankyou for posting this. God some people go off half cocked over things. It wouldn't matter what St Kilda do, people always seem to rubbish it. Personally, I love the look of it. Suttle, yet classy.
subtle

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
spert
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:
spert wrote:We should have gone for an all black jumper with a St K badge
And employ Alves to train the players to do the Haka!
Now you're talkin'

rexy
SS Life Member

andrewg wrote:don't agree at all, jumper looks great, great initiative from the club.......stop hating and get on a great initiative that will make us good coin. Jumpers don't effect the way we play.
This!

Maybe this year?
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

Judging by the the ANZAC footballs on #360
Australian Ball has the badge- NZ ball has the poppy
a point of differance--

my query is will there be an Anzac Round medal in NZ game?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

Think it looks pretty darn sexy actually.

Bad management is bad management
SaintTom
Club Player

I like it - I would like to have a Poppy or something on it to commemorate ANZAC day, but isn't the Rising Sun strictly and Australian badge these days? Or does it still refer to the Kiwis? Also, even if there is a Poppy or something on the jumper they probably wouldn't put it on the ones that you can buy from the store, as I suppose we will be using this jumper next year in our non-ANZAC day NZ games as well.

On that point, who is going to buy one? I'm considering it although I don't think that they would send it to Scandinavia...anyone know?

spert
Saintsational Legend

Thew boys will be playing for a win and the old diggers up in the clouds will be watching on

Greg T
Club Player

NOTTHATAWKWARD wrote:Looks absolutely ridiculous. Totally unnecessary racial and cultural appropriation. The NZ media is going to tear us to shreds.
Totally agree, don't need to justify us being in NZ,Anzac logo and home traditional jumper .
Where there to showcase Aussie footy,not tribalism the game

100 goals in 14 games...Lockett is the key
snowdelisaint
Club Player

Sydney appears to be doing nothing in the way of commemorating either Anzac day or the historic game

GoSaintersGo
Club Player

St Lenny wrote:

Enough Cred IMO
Agree - as a point of interest, have just received the AFL Newsletter which is all abount C'wood/Essendope Anzac Day clash tomorrow, no promotional message about our Anzac Day game at all - typical AFL crap, promote those that don't need it.