screwed by west coast again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Pureoctain
Club Player

screwed by west coast again

Article in the age about Harry Taylor being out of contract and may want to return home to perth at the end of the year. Still up in the air, all depends on what Taylor wants to do. Article states that west coast and geelong will come to a trade for Taylor and Brown if this is the case. Im sure we can offer more money then geelong, so brown can still say no to the trade and then come to us as a delisted free agent if he prefers, but cant really see him say no to playing for a team that is still in contention.

FQF
SS Life Member

Re: screwed by west coast again

The article mentions nothing about a straight trade of Brown for Taylor. It says that it may "complicate" the situation.

There is no suggestion that Geelong have any interest in Brown, and in fact, if West Coast can trade for Taylor then that will greatly increase our chances of getting Brown.

Having said all that, I'm not even sure if we'll still want him.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

No chance in the world he will leave Geelong.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
dragit
Saintsational Legend

All I can say is thank god WCE wouldn't accept picks 25, 26 & Cripps for their 4th best full back, they will rue that decision I reckon.

Nothing suggests that he is that good yet.

At this rate, if he really does want to come to us, we will have pretty good pick in the preseason draft this year. Put a large first year price on his head, don't speak to any other clubs... Voila, free.

Sobraz
SS Life Member

On the couple of times I've seen him this year I think WC did us a favour by giving us a pick for Cripps.. He wont be in the system in 3 years time..

Was unsure on him as a Saint, Im not convinced he's not up to it...

In saying that, I'm elated we didnt get Brown too as I think he's a dud also... So in that sense, we screwed them..

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i was all for getting Brown as i felt he would be a great pick up ... but looking at his form so far this year he really isnt doing anything to convince me he seriously wants to fight for a spot in the WCE best 22 .. its almost like he is happy to just sit back and wait for Glass to retire (just my opinion)
not calling him lazy just maybe lacking motivation and i really dont think a player without motivation is worth moving heaven and hell to get ... word is he is going to be given a contract extension with WCE anyway

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Pureoctain wrote:Article in the age about Harry Taylor being out of contract and may want to return home to perth at the end of the year. Still up in the air, all depends on what Taylor wants to do. Article states that west coast and geelong will come to a trade for Taylor and Brown if this is the case. Im sure we can offer more money then geelong, so brown can still say no to the trade and then come to us as a delisted free agent if he prefers, but cant really see him say no to playing for a team that is still in contention.
Geelong aren't allowed to sign Mitch Brown as they've already got one. AFL rules say not more than one player with the same name at each club.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
Pureoctain wrote:Article in the age about Harry Taylor being out of contract and may want to return home to perth at the end of the year. Still up in the air, all depends on what Taylor wants to do. Article states that west coast and geelong will come to a trade for Taylor and Brown if this is the case. Im sure we can offer more money then geelong, so brown can still say no to the trade and then come to us as a delisted free agent if he prefers, but cant really see him say no to playing for a team that is still in contention.
Geelong aren't allowed to sign Mitch Brown as they've already got one. AFL rules say not more than one player with the same name at each club.
Are you kidding?

Richter
SS Life Member

Sobraz wrote:On the couple of times I've seen him this year I think WC did us a favour by giving us a pick for Cripps.. He wont be in the system in 3 years time..

Was unsure on him as a Saint, Im not convinced he's not up to it...

In saying that, I'm elated we didnt get Brown too as I think he's a dud also... So in that sense, we screwed them..
This.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
bergholt wrote: Geelong aren't allowed to sign Mitch Brown as they've already got one. AFL rules say not more than one player with the same name at each club.
Are you kidding?
They brought in that rule after the Saints had the audacity to list two Mark Dwyers.

Cost us at least 2 flags :evil:

St Loxton
Club Player

st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i was all for getting Brown as i felt he would be a great pick up ... but looking at his form so far this year he really isnt doing anything to convince me he seriously wants to fight for a spot in the WCE best 22 .. its almost like he is happy to just sit back and wait for Glass to retire (just my opinion)
not calling him lazy just maybe lacking motivation and i really dont think a player without motivation is worth moving heaven and hell to get ... word is he is going to be given a contract extension with WCE anyway
He flying under the radar at west coast. Scotty asked him to have a quiet year . :twisted:

Reckon he might want to come home

Skildir
Club Player

St Loxton wrote:
st_Trav_ofWA wrote:i was all for getting Brown as i felt he would be a great pick up ... but looking at his form so far this year he really isnt doing anything to convince me he seriously wants to fight for a spot in the WCE best 22 .. its almost like he is happy to just sit back and wait for Glass to retire (just my opinion)
He flying under the radar at west coast. Scotty asked him to have a quiet year . :twisted:

Perform below expectations so the club of your choice can get you cheaply - think that's called the Jack Darling method.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I reckon they will be doing us a favour if Brown goes elsewhere.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Skildir wrote:
St Loxton wrote:

Perform below expectations so the club of your choice can get you cheaply - think that's called the Jack Darling method.
If Mitch Brown gets caught on the job whilst on a camping trick, then we can call it the Jack Darling method ;)

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SuperDuper
Club Player

We would get him cheap this time. He just needs to move home at the end of the season.... and as stated above, put a price on his head for year 1.

This year I rated him a 3rd rounder, or a swap for Cripps.... and would have taken him at that price but am certainly glad we did not give up 24,25+Cripps (effectively 40 which is what we got for cripps) to get him!!
wow that would have been a disaster.. no White, Wright nor Murdoch

This year he is worth less as is out of contract... a pick in the 50s.... or nominate for pre-season IMO... we will get him there

gringo
Saintsational Legend

SuperDuper wrote:We would get him cheap this time. He just needs to move home at the end of the season.... and as stated above, put a price on his head for year 1.
This year I rated him a 3rd rounder, or a swap for Cripps.... and would have taken him at that price but am certaoinly glad we dif not give up 24,25+40 (what we gt for cripps) to get him!!
wow that would have been a disaster

This year he is worth less... pick in the 50s.... or nominate for pre-season IMO... we will get him there

It's a bit like someone offering you a house to buy your car and you turn it down only to blow it up on the way to work the next morning. That was the sweetest trade they could walk into and they blew it. Hope our guys are used by their fans as an example of how s*** their list manager is in the future. When Spencer "new Buddy" White kicks his 120th goal for 2015 it will be like the Jack Darling threads.

remboy
SS Hall of Fame

SuperDuper wrote:We would get him cheap this time. He just needs to move home at the end of the season.... and as stated above, put a price on his head for year 1.
Shouldn't be a problem. We should have a heap of space under the cap so if the club wants him and he still wants to come here I reckon they'll be able to get it done.
I'm still be be convinced that he's as good as some are making out though. What's his WAFL form been like this year? And don't tell me he's tanking to get his price down. He might be playing badly because he's just an average player.

Opinions are like arseholes, everybody's got one.
Kick-it-lace-out
Club Player

Reckon we dodged a bullet with Brown. Would be worse than anyone we already have on our list.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Hopefully the club is waiting to see if Brown can actually play. One game this year and 5 kicked on him and 5 possessions. Doesnt sound like a guy I would be chasing but he has a chance to improve. Dont think he will change our fortunes in the next 5 years so couldnt care if he comes or we miss out.

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Pureoctain wrote:. Im sure we can offer more money then geelong, so brown can still say no to the trade and then come to us as a delisted free agent if he prefers
Isn't the rule on delisted free agents is they are only eligible if they haven't been offered a contract by there existing club ? (doesn't matter if they said no or not).

Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

Glad we didn't get Mitch Brown. Watching him today against Melbourne - What a dud!!!

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
samuraisaint
Saintsational Legend

Stanley is our new CHB. We need to develop a FB who we shoukld find with this years first round draft pick.

Your friendly neighbourhood samurai.