2013 retirements

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintact7
Club Player

Re: 2013 retirements

Not Lenny please. Can't bear the thought of Saints without him. I know he doesn't have Brownlows and B&Fs that others like Harves, Plugger, Stewart etc won, but I consider him the greatest Saint of all. Just epitomises all that we want from the Saints - heart (even with his problems), discipline, team minded, leader, courageous etc etc.

Always loved Burkie for the same reasons but Lenny has surpassed even Burkie. CHAMPION! Squeeze at least this year and 2014 out of him please.

Old Mate
Saintsational Legend

Agree we don't do a Melbourne however the older players will be moved on over the next few years. A lot depends on what we have coming through. The 4 most likely to move on are the eldest, Hayes, Milne, Kosi and Blake.

Hayes....Not a lot else coming through so a chance he goes around again. He likely makes the decision.
Milne....Saad and Minchington so Milne likely to retire at years end IMO.
Blake...Fisher, Roberton, Dempster and Simpkin all capable of playing similar role without rucking...Retires IMO.
Kosi....Stanley and Hickey ahead. He's not even in the best 25 based off the start of the season, hasn't even made emergency....Retires IMO.

Unless Milne turns his season around like last year his loss won't effect us too much...Blake and Kosi even less. Hayes will be a loss but I think he stays at the club in a coaching capacity anyway...He's chasing that opportunity post footy career.

noob
Club Player

If Hayes wants to pursue a coaching career he is better off finding opportunities elsewhere. Needs to learn other game plans / structures other than the one at the saints.