Are we - as a supporter group - starting to turn?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Quixote
SS Life Member

Re: Are we - as a supporter group - starting to turn?

The Redeemer wrote:I expect us to rebound and rebound fast.

Watters makes all the right noises and looks good from a development angle.

The Football Department as a collective is seemingly heavily on development compared to eras gone by.

Plus Pelchan. He has a track record, we should expect he does it again.
That's it. Rebound fast and hard and catch them napping. We need to obviously draft extremely well, but the key is, trade extremely aggressively.

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

stevie wrote:The players should...TURN GAY!

Then they can COME OUT and smash the other teams!
I think they should turn gay and come out and stick it right up em.... :shock:

“Yeah….nah””
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
BigMart wrote:I hope the club doesn't think the same way as the supporters.....
You know what I get really sick of… is this myth that our supporters are happy to lose and be on the bottom, but there are these wonderful other clubs that just refuse to drop out of the 8, their fans are just so strongly united that they will not accept a loss.

Pendlebury, Thomas, Franklin, Hodge, Roughhead, Judd, Naitanui, Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuzer etc etc… all players attained by these wonderful "never accept a loss" clubs by being absolutely rubbish for multiple seasons.

It's bad enough other clubs perpetuating the myth that we are happy losing, but from our own fans is just pathetic.

You can put up all the "never-say-dies" analogies in the world, at the end of the day, the team with the more quality players usually wins.

What the hell are you expecting Saints fans to do now we are not a force? Should we stamp our feet like petulant toddlers and demand that the team just wins? Getting a farking grip.

I would rather be surrounded by humble & realistic people than say Essendon fans, who are just so arrogant about the fact that so far they have got away with cheating… I have not met one that thinks they may be in strife.

BigMart why don't you go and follow one of these sides that just doesn't accept failure, instead of lowly old StKilda, you sure picked a strange side to follow if you think winning is everything.

We all want to win every week, we all want to see a f-ing flag, some years the team is miles behind of the best sides.

Realistically we have been just ordinary since 2010, if anything most fans have stayed positive about our chances for longer than has been warranted by performance.

I'm sure the club will aim to win each week, but I'm guessing Watters won't go home and beat his wife if we lose to Hawthorn… cause you know what, THEY HAVE A BETTER TEAM THAN US THIS YEAR.
Good post dragit

Season 2024 is where RTB is showing the footy world his grasp of the modern game. :shock:
SydneySainter
SS Hall of Fame

dragit wrote:
BigMart wrote:I hope the club doesn't think the same way as the supporters.....
You know what I get really sick of… is this myth that our supporters are happy to lose and be on the bottom, but there are these wonderful other clubs that just refuse to drop out of the 8, their fans are just so strongly united that they will not accept a loss.

Pendlebury, Thomas, Franklin, Hodge, Roughhead, Judd, Naitanui, Gibbs, Murphy, Kreuzer etc etc… all players attained by these wonderful "never accept a loss" clubs by being absolutely rubbish for multiple seasons.

It's bad enough other clubs perpetuating the myth that we are happy losing, but from our own fans is just pathetic.

You can put up all the "never-say-dies" analogies in the world, at the end of the day, the team with the more quality players usually wins.

What the hell are you expecting Saints fans to do now we are not a force? Should we stamp our feet like petulant toddlers and demand that the team just wins? Getting a farking grip.

I would rather be surrounded by humble & realistic people than say Essendon fans, who are just so arrogant about the fact that so far they have got away with cheating… I have not met one that thinks they may be in strife.

BigMart why don't you go and follow one of these sides that just doesn't accept failure, instead of lowly old StKilda, you sure picked a strange side to follow if you think winning is everything.

We all want to win every week, we all want to see a f-ing flag, some years the team is miles behind of the best sides.

Realistically we have been just ordinary since 2010, if anything most fans have stayed positive about our chances for longer than has been warranted by performance.

I'm sure the club will aim to win each week, but I'm guessing Watters won't go home and beat his wife if we lose to Hawthorn… cause you know what, THEY HAVE A BETTER TEAM THAN US THIS YEAR.
Well said.

Bad management is bad management