kosi and Blake. Club legends. Time to hang up the boots

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

3rd generation saint
Saintsational Legend

Re: kosi and Blake. Club legends. Time to hang up the boots

Blake bleeds red white and black, I have no doubt he will announce it is his last season before seasons end. As I said in another Blake, he was beaten last night, made an absolute howler, but also did some very good defensive work.
Wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a runner for the club after this year as he has great stamina and has a huge heart for the club.
That huge heart is what I'd like to see him teach the kids.
Kosi is there as back up, and I'm sure he knows it, however, if he comes out and kicks a bag for Sandy today, then he deserves a game next week.
He is still, probably the best pack mark at the club, and needs to pass on how he used to crash the packs and either take the grab, or spill the ball out so the smalls can swoop on the loose ball to likes of Lee and Maister.
There is no need to retire them after 2 rounds, they have both earned to see out their contracts to the end, whether it is in the seniors, or helping out at Sandy.
It will cost the club the exact same amount of money either way, so they might as well work for it.

Except for the sanity nothing much has been lost.
Winmar7Fan
Club Player

CLUB LEGENDS? This is the problem today you don't need to achieve much to have superstar status or be a champion, legend etc. The reality is that one was a player that never achieved the expectation of his high draft selection and the other was a player with average ability that got the most out of himself for having a good attitude and work ethic.

Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

Con Gorozidis wrote:Kosi and Blake should hang them up unless they want to play at sandy which I doubt.
We are rebuilding. Lets get on with it.
Kosi's a club legend is he?

Harvey is a club legend. Burke is a club legend. Kosi and Blake are not and nowhere near. Kosi has been a massive disappointment, regardless of the myriad of excuses. Blake has been very serviceable and got the most out of himself. For that he is to be commended.

Your call for them to hang up the boots is spot on. The fact the club hasn't moved them on is embarrassing.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
rexy
SS Life Member

Don't understand why blokes passed their best have to hang up the boots, could be just as good as blokes not yet at their best in some circumstances? Ability for most tasks can be mapped on a curve, you don't have to give it up at the top!

Maybe this year?
mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

what a stupid post !

Yeah , lets pay hundreds of thousand of dollars to two guys so they can hang up the boots .

This will be there last year so you get them to do whatever's necessary to improve themselves and other's in the club .

In red white and black from 73
Little Dozer
Club Player
Location: Forward Pocket, Outer side, Linton Street end or bay 38 Waverley

mr six o'clock wrote:what a stupid post !

Yeah , lets pay hundreds of thousand of dollars to two guys so they can hang up the boots .

This will be there last year so you get them to do whatever's necessary to improve themselves and other's in the club .
What is more pertinent is why are they still on the list? Kosi's contract was needlessly extended when he wasn't performing. Blake was delisted, redrafted and then offered another season. Blind Freddie can see that both these guys are finished at the elite level.

Are we waiting for a saviour?
I'm so sick of waiting!
I've been waiting my whole life!
This is a new day!
magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:Blake is a stalwart.............Kosi is a dud
that is how history will or should see it....
Is Kosi a bigger dud than you?

Or are you some kind of hero.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
noob
Club Player

Who is the better player?