Pull you finger out milney

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Re: Pull you finger out milney

Milne misses Kosi up forward big time. Defenders get a good clean fist in when Maister contests for marks. Kosi doesnt let the defenders do that and it makes it far easier to crumb.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
dcstkfc
Saintsational Legend

Struggled but hardly any worse than Saad. Milera a little better but plays more up the field. Doubt there is room for all 3. Milney has the credits for the moment though. Difficult situation to say the least because ideally you get games into the other two

STRENGTH THROUGH LOYALTY.

‎''I still get really excited, and I've got the '66 thing up on the wall in a frame … You look at it and think: one day, we want to achieve that.''- Arryn Siposs
matrix
Saintsational Legend

what crap

he was the worse of the three last night

maverick
Saintsational Legend

Agreed worse than saad and terry.
I thought saad was ok.

Junction Oval
SS Life Member

I thought that Milney was way down too, so I watched him more closely, ahead of the ball coming in - a Richmond player was always at him, pushing, pulling, scragging, but not one free kick to Milney.

The third ump was often on the side and had a good view, but no, no frees. If only one was paid, it would have put the Richmond players "on notice."

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

wow, don't be a champ and put in a few bad ones around here, you will get stoned to death.
Some of the comments on this thread made me cringe and the peeps who made them should move on follow another team maybe.
How quickly some forget how Milney single handedly lifted the whole team on so many occasions and kept us competitive. Champs can't keep doing that forever, you only need look at Roo.

The whole team needs a shake up, we have a mix of too many older players coming to their end and the Young ones yet to find their feet...and some may never rise to the dizzy heights of say .....a Milne.

Milne is still a dangerous contributor and the opposition knows that and is tagged accordingly.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Being a small forward in a team with an under-performing midfield is probably the hardest gig in football.

The CH will still attract th ball, even if it is at his toes and over his head, but the small forward can find the pickings very lean.

Also do not forget that Milne has always been not just a crumber, but a small leading forward. Being a small leading forward to our midfield, with the form it is in, is a bit like being a thirsty man in a desert.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Milne was woeful last night. As bad as I've seen him play. He has credits yes, but he wouldn't want to spend them all at once. Last night he was uncompetitive and at his frustrating worst. He looked slow. Milera and Saad are still learning where to run to get the ball. Milne knows where to go, he just can't get it at the moment.

The frustrating thing for me was that last year, Saad was racking up to 10 tackles a game, which means he was involved in everything. Also Saad and Milney were working great together last year. They're out of sync at the moment.

The Redeemer
SS Life Member

2 games in and we are writing off a champion yet again. He started slowly last season and all the uneducated bogans were calling for his head.

The result?

Another AA award as the best small forward in the league

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The Redeemer wrote:2 games in and we are writing off a champion yet again. He started slowly last season and all the uneducated bogans were calling for his head.

The result?

Yes...2010 and 2011 and 2012 he finally earnt respect as a player...there were question marks on Milne and they were justified...he failed on many occasions when the heat was on in finals up to 2009. He failed to kick a goal on too many occasions when he had a set shot 35 out in front. Was the respect he got after 2011 AA based solely on his contribution to team and his influence in outcomes for team, or were we starting to count the career tally of goals and were we listening to all the media that was questioning their own views of Milne as a player (they were thinking...hang on!? How many goals has this guy kicked over his career...gee he must deserve some recognition for that).

imo, Milne has been the beneficiary of a star midfield and by any standard also a star team and an awesome Forward line in the last 10 years...yes he's kicked some amazing goals..., but fair dinkum, have a look at his decision making when he gets his hands on the footy and have a look at his effort and output chasing the footy...Frontrunner!!!
Last edited by Scollop on Sat 06 Apr 2013 1:07pm, edited 1 time in total.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
The Redeemer wrote:2 games in and we are writing off a champion yet again. He started slowly last season and all the uneducated bogans were calling for his head.

The result?

He had a better year in 2011 and missed out so the AA selectors were also out of sync.

Yes...2010 and 2011 and 2012 he finally earnt respect as a player.

But...imo, Milne has been the beneficiary of a star midfield and by any standard also a star team and an awesome Forward line in the last 10 years...yes he's kicked some amazing goals..., but fair dinkum, have a look at his decision making when he gets his hands on the footy and have a look at his effort and output chasing the footy...Frontrunner!!!

What did he miss out on 2011? And another great post apart from that. A front runner of a post.

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:

The result?

He had a better year in 2011 and missed out so the AA selectors were also out of sync.

But...imo, Milne has been the beneficiary of a star midfield and by any standard also a star team and an awesome Forward line in the last 10 years...yes he's kicked some amazing goals..., but fair dinkum, have a look at his decision making when he gets his hands on the footy and have a look at his effort and output chasing the footy...Frontrunner!!!

What did he miss out on 2011? And another great post apart from that. A front runner of a post.
typical...yes thank you for your contribution. I had a read of your opinion on how Milne went last night...a lot of fluffy words and generalistaion and excuses for one of your favourite players.

Seriously, don't get me started, becasue I'd go as far as to say that if your other hero Lyon had as much focus on attack as his did on defense, perhaps he would've done what GT was going to do...maybe our forward line would've been better off if RL tried someone else as a forward in the 5 years he was there...what's that you say...he tried Dempster and Mini and Eddy...oh yes I forgot about them!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:

typical...yes thank you for your contribution. I had a read of your opinion on how Milne went last night...a lot of fluffy words and generalistaion and excuses for one of your favourite players.

Seriously, don't get me started, becasue I'd go as far as to say that if your other hero Lyon had as much focus on attack as his did on defense, perhaps he would've done what GT was going to do...maybe our forward line would've been better off if RL tried someone else as a forward in the 5 years he was there...what's that you say...he tried Dempster and Mini and Eddy...oh yes I forgot about them!!

What did Milne miss out on in 2011? Dont get you started. I hope not. I want to read something that makes sense. Milne my favourite player. Hardly but you go with it if you want and the rant on RL is silly at best. Actually have no idea why you mentioned him. This about Milne and what he is doing this year.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

What Milney is doing is struggling.... Wouldn't you agree P66?

Simple question

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:What Milney is doing is struggling.... Wouldn't you agree P66?

Simple question

I have already said that. If anyone suggested otherwise they have blinkers on or actually havent watched the games. When did i say he was going even OK?

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
..maybe our forward line would've been better off if RL tried someone else as a forward in the 5 years he was there...what's that you say...he tried Dempster and Mini and Eddy...oh yes I forgot about them!!
Seriously, who of note was not tried as a forward in that period?

BJ
Gilbert
Fisher
Gwilt
Allan (unfortunately his hip blew up)

....many tried but most did not work out.
In the end Lyon turned to Kosi as the best option after Riewoldt.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
What did Milne miss out on in 2011? Dont get you started. I hope not. I want to read something that makes sense. Milne my favourite player. Hardly but you go with it if you want and the rant on RL is silly at best. Actually have no idea why you mentioned him. This about Milne and what he is doing this year.
I edited my first post a minute or so after I thought I'd check my recollection of AA 2011 and before I saw your reply...you might remember those things, but most of us don't hang our hats and brag about how many AA our players have earnt...anyhow, sometimes I forget what happened last year, let alone 2 years ago

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Scollop wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
I edited my first post a minute or so after I thought I'd check my recollection of AA 2011 and before I saw your reply...you might remember those things, but most of us don't hang our hats and brag about how many AA our players have earnt...anyhow, sometimes I forget what happened last year, let alone 2 years ago

But you were the one mentioning it not me or anyone else. And dont worry i forgot what happened last night. My Dad told me we won. Is he telling the truth?

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
Scollop wrote:
..maybe our forward line would've been better off if RL tried someone else as a forward in the 5 years he was there...what's that you say...he tried Dempster and Mini and Eddy...oh yes I forgot about them!!
Seriously, who of note was not tried as a forward in that period?

BJ
Gilbert
Fisher
Gwilt
Allan (unfortunately his hip blew up)

....many tried but most did not work out.
In the end Lyon turned to Kosi as the best option after Riewoldt.
This was my biggest criticism of RL...I was bagging the guy before I joined SS because I didn't see a forward introduced into our club during RL's tenure...I joined SS purely to vent and was rapt that he left and the process to rebuild is now in full swing

SW and Pelchen now need to plan for 2015 and 2016 and beyond...Milne and Blake need to join Kosi on the sidelines
Last edited by Scollop on Sat 06 Apr 2013 1:58pm, edited 1 time in total.

desertsaint
Saintsational Legend

Well look at this - the annual early season 'milney is crap' thread.
It's a crap thread.

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. "
Scollop
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Scollop wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

But you were the one mentioning it not me or anyone else. And dont worry i forgot what happened last night. My Dad told me we won. Is he telling the truth?
No and you took after him

Sobraz
SS Life Member

The comment for Milney to pull his finger out, and the fact thats he's quite clearly had 2 below average games, as the whole team has, are fine and fair..

The rest of the crap about frontrunner, career over etc are jus that, crap.. I will back Milney in to prove all the short sighted bandwagoners wrong, again... ho-hum.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Well why even buy into the argument to defend him, but not acknowledge the truth to the assessment.

He has been in the bottom 3 ranked players in the last two games IMO.

I would have 4 games like that as a senior player.... Then he would have to go back and find some effort...

Morris killed him.

He has been a star, he always answers his critics.... He'll need to do it again... If not, he can play two's

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Well why even buy into the argument to defend him, but not acknowledge the truth to the assessment.

He has been in the bottom 3 ranked players in the last two games IMO.

I would have 4 games like that as a senior player.... Then he would have to go back and find some effort...

Morris killed him.

He has been a star, he always answers his critics.... He'll need to do it again... If not, he can play two's

stinger
Saintsational Legend

yallingup saints wrote:As much as we all love him the now fat rat is a perennial choker.

Prove me wrong milney or time to go
i had a good look at him last night..up close too.....rumours that he is fat have been grossly exaggerated......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.