From within

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

From within

Don't you ever ever ever doubt the hurt these boys feel. They gave everything tonight and a hell of a lot more. I can assure you it wasn't a lack of desire and effort that cost us. It's very easy from the sidelines to criticise players, selection and coaches but you know what they bleed St.Kilda. Just remember the season is long and so far the cards haven't fallen in our favour. I can absolutely assure you we are on the right track. We have the right approach and strategy, it just hasn't quite fallen into place. We can blame whoever ( we do ) but in the end the better clubs will eventually prevail. We are one of the better clubs and our belief is strong. Do not underestimate our staff both football and administration. They our class acts. Again believe and stay loyal. It will happen.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Re: From within

stirring stuff Tony.....may need a revisit if we lose to GWS.

“Yeah….nah””
Jacks Back
Saintsational Legend

That's all very well and good that our desire and effort are there. Unfortunately our skills just aren't up to scratch.

If we could only just kick or handball the ball to where our player is heading and not where he's been then that could only help.

As ex-president Peter Summers said:
“If we are going to be a contender, we may as well plan to win the bloody thing.”

St Kilda - At least we have a Crest!
tony74
SS Hall of Fame

We will win the next three. You can hold me too it

Munga
Saintsational Legend

Yeah I don't think anyone's bagged the effort. But good to hear anyway

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Verdun66
SS Hall of Fame

Good man! That's proper Saints supporting.

Many aspects were disappointing, and I've mentioned a few elsewhere. But our effort and spirit were great. Just got to keep grinding on. Things will turn around. Not excuses, but the short interstate break and questionable umpiring didn't help.

We need more midfield depth, and a key back. Can't get 'em all in a year or two. All these low picks stocking up at GC and GWS will shake out at some stage. They can't keep them all. And read some of the interstate draftees don't want to stay necessarily in their new state. Not that we will get him, but Wines was one I read.

We will have a war-chest of money, and some promising young guys already on the list. Am sure they have all strategies covered, including remaining to be competitive.

lefty
Club Player

I still hold hope, much better performance tonight, I thought we controlled the game a lot better and moved the ball better than Richmond. You can't beat 9 free's to 1 in the forward fifty.

If our skills can improve, we'll still give it a crack.

Richmond will probably do a Carlton of 2012.

WellardSaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Perth- the best weather in Oz, but the worst rednecks.

He picked that heading "from within" to imply that he has access to one or more of the players or trainers.
Nice try but you are just another person with an opinion.
1 vote=1 value. We're all equal here, apart from stinger, of course, who forgets to take his medication sometimes.

A real Sainter will pledge allegiance to the ❤🤍🖤 and despise the Pies, the Blues, and the Injectors.
Remember one of the 10 Commandments : Thou shalt have no other team before thee
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

tony74 wrote:We will win the next three. You can hold me too it

We will win one of the next three and hold me to that. People need to realise we are a bottom 8 side at best. it will help your sanity if you realise that. We had a much better effort tonight but we reallt were still well beaten and I reckon the Tigers are at best really bottom of the top 8 but may still miss out. We will beat only the bottom 4 or 5 sides and are no hope against any good top 8 side.

Dempster will be out and Fisher looks as fit and my grandmother and she has been dead for 30 years. He couldnt even walk off the ground properly.

stevie
Saintsational Legend

Has Chips had plastic surgery or something? He looks different.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

Happy with the effort.

Zed
SS Hall of Fame

No problems with our effort or game plan. Our skills however are deplorable - our turnovers kill us more than most other teams. Until such time as we get a new batch of recruits who can firstly win the ball and secondly use it effectively we are going to languish in the bottom half of the table .

Nick Reiwoldt personifies this team - try hard, but not the superstars we used to be, and clean disposal has never been a strong suit - which now really can't be glossed over like it could previously . And we are slowly degenerating - just like his knee.

“If you want the rainbow you gotta put up with rain” Dolly Parton
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

It's like watching the best retirement village bowls all stars try and match it with a normal club.

Our team as we well know is hopelessly unbalanced and nothing this season can magically create a raft of players aged 25 that are at their prime.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.