Riewoldt

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Re: Riewoldt

He did win 7 tours

Came back and couldn't win local races... Too old and unmotivated

Need to have the eye of the tiger.... It goes with age, just like reflexes and flexibility..

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He did win 7 tours

Came back and couldn't win local races... Too old and unmotivated

Need to have the eye of the tiger.... It goes with age, just like reflexes and flexibility..

BM he won no tours at all. He has never hardly won a race. You seem to like facts and they are the facts. Please dont make things up to support your argument.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

He won 7 tours ATT and has since been stripped. He did cross the line first (illegally)

That has no bearing on the argument anyway,

his performances diminished greatly, because time had passed him by.... No drugs could help him.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:He won 7 tours ATT and has since been stripped. He did cross the line first (illegally)

That has no bearing on the argument anyway,

his performances diminished greatly, because time had passed him by.... No drugs could help him.

Are you actually serious? His performances diminished because time passed him by. Maybe his performance diminished because he wasnt taking drugs. He didnt win a thing as we speak. Do you class Ben Johnson as the winner of the 100m at the 1988 Olympics because I certainly do not.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Seriously man?!

Not even going to respond.... Can't be bothered.

Btw - waiting for a response from another thread. Where you made a couple of inaccurate assumptions again??

The 'negative' thread.
Please read carefully...

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Seriously man?!

Not even going to respond.... Can't be bothered.

Btw - waiting for a response from another thread. Where you made a couple of inaccurate assumptions again??

The 'negative' thread.
Please read carefully...

What is wrong with what i said. Does lance hold any tour titles? And unless you are actually Lance you couldnt possibly know if his performance diminished because of age or not taking drugs.

As for the other thread, I read it and couldnt stop laughing especially as you seem to have time to go to Sandy but not the Saints. That was the funniest part but also the fact that you wont acknowledge you triple your posts when we lose and even accounting for the statement that you learn more after a loss than a win its still way to much. Also never said you dont write positive stuff so no idea why you mentioned that. And finally how the hell do I know you are a teacher. I dont know you at all.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

However you do pretend to.

You know I am NOT a member?! You know when I don't go to games? You know I am 'friendless'

My profession was confirmed by my old pal Attila. You are well aware of that.... Don't lie, and I've mentioned it plenty of times... Oh, that's right... I claim to be a teacher?!

Sandy played at Seaford and Frankston recently... And I took one of my kids as I've done occasionally... Because he can run around and play. Not ready for Etihad yet, too young and doesn't understand footy. I love how I have to explain things to you, to make you understand the silliness of you accusations.

I believe I did acknowledge I 'post more' when we lose... I asked you to read carefully...

Your reply is weak....

BTW did Lance ever put on the yellow jersey? At any stage?? And he admitted to drug taking in his comeback.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:However you do pretend to.

You know I am NOT a member?! You know when I don't go to games? You know I am 'friendless'

My profession was confirmed by my old pal Attila. You are well aware of that.... Don't lie, and I've mentioned it plenty of times... Oh, that's right... I claim to be a teacher?!

Sandy played at Seaford and Frankston recently... And I took one of my kids as I've done occasionally... Because he can run around and play. Not ready for Etihad yet, too young and doesn't understand footy. I love how I have to explain things to you, to make you understand the silliness of you accusations.

I believe I did acknowledge I 'post more' when we lose... I asked you to read carefully...

Your reply is weak....

BTW did Lance ever put on the yellow jersey? At any stage?? And he admitted to drug taking in his comeback.

Well lets go to the last line first. Ben Johnson got a gold medal so what does that even mean? And Lance actually said he didnt take drugs in his comeback so the reply is weak. I have no idea if you are a teacher. You were when Atilla called you silly names. I was an owner of a business then but I aint now. I said i wouldnt mention the friend thing again and havent. You have told us many times you havent got the time to go to games so that is how i know. And i beleive I said you mentioned you posted more when we lose because you learn more. Not sure it means you have to post three or four times as much unless of course you want to tell all and sundry the club is rooted.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Hang on...

But why did you say

"You claim to be a teacher"

If you just acknowledged you knew I was one? Do you think I was a teacher once... But now just claim to be one??
Or are you going to spin it so you get out of a stupid comment.

And what did you have to bring that up for?

I'd love to know why.... Really?

As I said, if you going to something.... Be honest, the worst truth is always better than the best lie

Your intention was to discredit, without fact or even knowledge.... And you are digging deeper with you bulls*** to cover

The Lance issue
It's a point of view thing... Didn't say he wasn't stripped... But at the time, he was first past the post.... A feat he could not emulate in his comeback.... That's the basis of the argument... It's about being able to sustain elite performance.... Not whether he was the rightful winner
Btw who was the winner during any of those years??

If you believe he did not take drugs in his comeback... Well...

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Blink.

Rubbing eyes.

Nope still can't see anything about Roo.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Blink.

Rubbing eyes.

:D
Still a great player, wish he kicked a bit straighter :D

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Took five contested grabs in s*** conditions. The blokes a gun.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Sadly the turning point was that incident involving the Lions all those years ago. That shoulder injury was the turning point of Rooeys career. He's been a fantastic captain, and always put in 100%, but the skill and his overall scoring ability pails in comparison when compared to that of even G.Ablett Jnr, who literally, singlehandedly tore our entire team a new one last week. Whilst I'll never question Rewoildts commitment, attack and heart; I'll always continually wonder why Kosi keeps getting a gig - so much promise, so little delivery. Seems we've reached the end of an era. Funny, because the Cats haven't.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Can I also add, perhaps the greatest ever show of courage, bravery and balls the size of 2 planet earths came when Rooey took that mark in that Sydney game! It'll always be my favourite memory of Rewioldt. I have a stack of admiration for the guy, no question. Always a champion in my books, and I've no issues being our current captain.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Sadly the turning point was that incident involving the Lions all those years ago. That shoulder injury was the turning point of Rooeys career. He's been a fantastic captain, and always put in 100%, but the skill and his overall scoring ability pails in comparison when compared to that of even G.Ablett Jnr, who literally, singlehandedly tore our entire team a new one last week. Whilst I'll never question Rewoildts commitment, attack and heart; I'll always continually wonder why Kosi keeps getting a gig - so much promise, so little delivery. Seems we've reached the end of an era. Funny, because the Cats haven't.

Are you joking St Luke. The shoulder injury was about 4 years into his career. He has won about 4 B&F since.

Cairnsman
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Can I also add, perhaps the greatest ever show of courage, bravery and balls the size of 2 planet earths came when Rooey took that mark in that Sydney game! It'll always be my favourite memory of Rewioldt. I have a stack of admiration for the guy, no question. Always a champion in my books, and I've no issues being our current captain.
That mark took place on the 6th of the 6th 2004.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

That mark is the best thing I've seen on a footy field. I used to watch it before games for motivation. Just unbelievable.

Funny thing was that it wasn't mark of the year?!

But voted Mark of the decade!

St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Sadly the turning point was that incident involving the Lions all those years ago. That shoulder injury was the turning point of Rooeys career. He's been a fantastic captain, and always put in 100%, but the skill and his overall scoring ability pails in comparison when compared to that of even G.Ablett Jnr, who literally, singlehandedly tore our entire team a new one last week. Whilst I'll never question Rewoildts commitment, attack and heart; I'll always continually wonder why Kosi keeps getting a gig - so much promise, so little delivery. Seems we've reached the end of an era. Funny, because the Cats haven't.

Are you joking St Luke. The shoulder injury was about 4 years into his career. He has won about 4 B&F since.
No, not really joking. Like I said, his commitment and courage and workrate can't be questioned, but from memory he was a deadeye on the goals before that incident. He never quite got it right after that. Maybe I'm wrong, but he's not the most reliable option for a forward when it comes to kicking goals.

St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

BigMart wrote:That mark is the best thing I've seen on a footy field. I used to watch it before games for motivation. Just unbelievable.

Funny thing was that it wasn't mark of the year?!

But voted Mark of the decade!

No doubt a great, great mark, but he's not the only guy to take one of those. Jon Brown & Jimmy Bartel have made a habit of it too. Bartel's was in the same year I think.

defacto
Club Player

sippo wrote:Maister is what peake and polo were...an odd good game here and there, a battler, who like peake and polo could not get a regular gig in thier respective battling teams
fair dinkum

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

His was the best of the three.... And the commentary helped, as it does.

"Look out, Riewoldt, Remarkable!"

Bartel's may have been the same weekend. Had average camera angles...
Brown 2002

Love those marks

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

dragit wrote:
SainterK wrote:Blink.

Rubbing eyes.

:D
Still a great player, wish he kicked a bit straighter :D
I wish he clunked a few of those two biters you dont often get those opportunities in games
He was up against a 14 gamer, so probably should have done a bit better

Seeya
bigred
Saintsational Legend

Matt Richardson would have kicked 900 goals in his career if he didn't have so many muppets kicking the ball over his head.

That is a fact.

Delivery to Riewoldt has been poor for a LOT of his career. It is a credit to him he has done so well with what he has been dealt. When you are playing on a guy that is 200+ cms and the ball keeps going over your head you are going to lose a lot of contests. We still lack foot skills.

Our problem goes deeper than our degenerative, tendon repaired workhorse.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Didn't Richo kick over 800 anyway

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

Why does Roo come out onto the ground at the start of the game ( pre opening siren at the first sighting of Saints out of the dugout) and he's the only one we see

Wtf is that...do your sprint later Roo...that initial pregame entry onto the field is about TEAM. United the captain needs to sticks together with his team.

Sure he waits for the rest of the team before going through the banner, but I don't get why he needs to run out 5 metres in front of everyone else??