Is the Rat Fat

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

spert
Saintsational Legend

Re: Is the Rat Fat

Great record in everything except important finals...went missing in the prelim against PA in 2004, and went missing on 09 and 10 GFs. GT had the right idea to move him on.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Great record in everything except important finals...went missing in the prelim against PA in 2004, and went missing on 09 and 10 GFs. GT had the right idea to move him on.

So should we move Rooy on? He is a forward pocket. They struggle to dominate games like Gf's. Matter of fact most, not all, forwards do. I am a GT fan but he was clearly completely wrong on that call.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Great record in everything except important finals...went missing in the prelim against PA in 2004, and went missing on 09 and 10 GFs. GT had the right idea to move him on.

We may not have made the 2010 GF if it wasn't for Milney. His 2nd quarter in that game was electric.

Kicked 2 goals in the 2010 drawn GF as well (including a vital one in the last 1/4) wasn't dominant, but played his role.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

played ok in the 2010 gf.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Quixote wrote:
vacuous space wrote:34 straight games with a goal, three straight seasons with 50+, five straight seasons with 40+. Since the last time Milne put up a donut, Betts has been held goalless five times. Nick Reiwoldt has been blanked 4 times; Jack Reiwoldt 3 times; Lance Franklin twice. No small forward can touch him and while a few of the big guys kick more, it's questionable if any have been more consistent. If people have trouble with what Milne does, I'm terrified of the crap our next generation of small forwards are going to have to put up with.

Milne did his thing Saturday night. He impacted at ground level and generated scores. As long as he does that, I don't care how many spare tyres he's carrying - which I suspect is a sum total of none. I get that the cool kids want to be first in to predict his demise, but at least wait until he doesn't have the leagues longest running goal streak.
Like button.
+1

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Does kicking a goal in a game mean that you've played well?