caro

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Re: caro

Freebird wrote:Rust never sleeps
That is true!

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
Freebird wrote:
Listen to finey, he's got it right. Someone needs to sue her to shut the w/bitch up
Finey? Well there's an unbiased journalist! What has he ever contributed to civilised discussion?
Probably not a lot, but I LOVE fineys final siren after the footy on the way home. :)

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:Who cares how ugly or otherwise she is? It's such a 1970's comment

sure...but you gotta admit...she is fug ugly..... :wink: :wink: :wink:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Lets face it she is a girl so she has no idea about footy because she has never played and because she is girl we also need to have a go at how ugly she is.
You're a girl yet we tolerate your lack of footy knowledge.

Lets face it, she's just friggin ugly.
...gold.... :wink:

stinger
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Have no idea how her old man helped anyway. Wasnt he into storage? Something tells me she did journalism at university.
Ian Wilson ex Richmond president
correct...once more it would seem plugga just proved he has nfi..... :wink:

Moods
Saintsational Legend

You guys just don't get it. She has NEVER pretended to be anything other than what she is. If you want to read an article on an up and coming player (who would other than the supporters of that team?) then great, read one of Emma Quale's articles. If you want in depth analysis of why the game was won, read an ex coach do a guest spot in a paper or watch one of the 1000's of footy shows that are on each week.

She writes about the mechanics/politics of footy clubs. She reported on Chips AND Swan because a) it was relevent to the discussion at that time re Pert complaining about the rampant use of illicit drugs amongst players in the off-season. b) If the situation has got to the point that the players footy club has had a word with the said player then it's definitely relevant, for us the supporters.

I'm tipping she knew about this stuff for awhile but it wasn't relevant to anything, so it wasn't reported.

The interesting thing is neither the saints nor the pies exactly expressed outrage about the article - why do you think Swan did that interview the other night? They probably weren't rapt with it hitting the public domain, but so what?

It's actually quite hilarious reading page after page on this site of conspiracy theories re the AFL and every other club bar ours always in the wrong and always cheating and lying, but if any of our boys are accused of anything untoward we treat the story as absolute garbage and ridicule any person who could possibly give it a shred of credibility. The about face many on here had on Lyon and BJ and Ball is incredible once they left our club. I mean one minute they are the Messiah, the next minute they are the lowest of the low. Why then would it be expected that ppl that subscibe to this site be expected to objectively read a critical article on one of our players and accept that there may be a hint of truth about it?

Caro is hated because of numerous things 1) she's a woman writing about a man's sport 2) She refuses to tow the company line and doesn't care who she upsets along the way 3) She's perceived to not know her stuff because she doesn't write in depth footy articles or fluff pieces on up and coming players 4) She's middle aged and not all that attractive

About the only thing in footy easier to have a go at is the umpires. It's so cliched and boring to listen to people bag her. It's funny that all supporters from all clubs appear to hate her though - would that be because she gives no-one any favours? Tiger supporters claim she's harder on them than anyone....

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

1. She IS NOT harder on Tigers than anyone else and that is utter cr@p - are you her brother?
2. She is the Chief FOOTBALL writer for The Age .....but doesn't write about football......
3. You ASS-UME the "oh she's a girl you hater her"......you want clichéd??? trot out that feminist bullshyte
4. She is ugly.

Spare me the "she isn't saints so u hate her" rubbish - some just don't like her on the merits of what she puts forward with much innuendo as "fact" when clearly often its just rumour.

“Yeah….nah””
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:You guys just don't get it.

Caro is hated because of numerous things 1) she's a woman writing about a man's sport 2) She refuses to tow the company line and doesn't care who she upsets along the way 3) She's perceived to not know her stuff because she doesn't write in depth footy articles or fluff pieces on up and coming players 4) She's middle aged and not all that attractive

About the only thing in footy easier to have a go at is the umpires. It's so cliched and boring to listen to people bag her. It's funny that all supporters from all clubs appear to hate her though - would that be because she gives no-one any favours? Tiger supporters claim she's harder on them than anyone....

no.that's just your opinion...doesn't make it fact.....you have no idea what makes other posters tick so don't presume you do......i don't "hate" her...but i do dislike her intently... for a number of reasons...none of which you have included above......she is a god awful reporter for a start...never prints anything bad about the tigers (despite what you have written above.).. but bags clubs she considers weak, endlessly....the stories she printed on that schoolgirl and fisher were just two in a long line of sins committed by her imfho... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ive had a re-think on she is ugly line....that is unfair and lower than Plugger.

I will simply say she is not "my cup of tea"...

“Yeah….nah””
whiskers3614
Saintsational Legend

I have no problem with Wilson.
However as the father of 3 girls in their mid 20s, Sam Fisher would have been one of the first AFL player I would have liked to see them with!
Maybe you can't judge a book by it's cover

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

whiskers3614 wrote:I have no problem with Wilson.
However as the father of 3 girls in their mid 20s, Sam Fisher would have been one of the first AFL player I would have liked to see them with!
Maybe you can't judge a book by it's cover
Tad unfair that Fisher gets them all!

surely one is enough.

“Yeah….nah””
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Yeah, you're better than that Tef...

Tex Walker‏@texwalker13
Is Caroline Wilson the most frustrating person to listen to & look at? Thinks she knows everything. #getofftv

Munga
Saintsational Legend

She's better than the other three boof heads.

Gehrig emerged from scans yesterday saying he was "as sweet as a bun"
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
Moods wrote:Who cares how ugly or otherwise she is? It's such a 1970's comment

sure...but you gotta admit...she is fug ugly..... :wink: :wink: :wink:
Is that you Tony?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:You guys just don't get it. She has NEVER pretended to be anything other than what she is. If you want to read an article on an up and coming player (who would other than the supporters of that team?) then great, read one of Emma Quale's articles. If you want in depth analysis of why the game was won, read an ex coach do a guest spot in a paper or watch one of the 1000's of footy shows that are on each week.

She writes about the mechanics/politics of footy clubs. She reported on Chips AND Swan because a) it was relevent to the discussion at that time re Pert complaining about the rampant use of illicit drugs amongst players in the off-season. b) If the situation has got to the point that the players footy club has had a word with the said player then it's definitely relevant, for us the supporters.

I'm tipping she knew about this stuff for awhile but it wasn't relevant to anything, so it wasn't reported.

The interesting thing is neither the saints nor the pies exactly expressed outrage about the article - why do you think Swan did that interview the other night? They probably weren't rapt with it hitting the public domain, but so what?

It's actually quite hilarious reading page after page on this site of conspiracy theories re the AFL and every other club bar ours always in the wrong and always cheating and lying, but if any of our boys are accused of anything untoward we treat the story as absolute garbage and ridicule any person who could possibly give it a shred of credibility. The about face many on here had on Lyon and BJ and Ball is incredible once they left our club. I mean one minute they are the Messiah, the next minute they are the lowest of the low. Why then would it be expected that ppl that subscibe to this site be expected to objectively read a critical article on one of our players and accept that there may be a hint of truth about it?

Amen.

Let's face it, most on here probably hate her because she is intelligent.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

no.that's just your opinion...doesn't make it fact.....you have no idea what makes other posters tick so don't presume you do......i don't "hate" her...but i do dislike her intently... for a number of reasons...none of which you have included above......she is a god awful reporter for a start...never prints anything bad about the tigers (despite what you have written above.).. but bags clubs she considers weak, endlessly....the stories she printed on that schoolgirl and fisher were just two in a long line of sins committed by her imfho... :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

How do you know the Fisher article wasn't justified?

Or is it because you are a Saints supporter that you consider it one of her sins?

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

See Caro go nuts tonight on footy classified?
Bombers are toast. Even Lloydy agreed. Im now almost certain - as in 90% sure - the Bombers are the page 17 team.
25-30 players were getting 2 peptide injections at the botox clinic every week.
This is a known known now.
Massive strife they are in and Watson's Brownlow is seriously rotten.

Hird, Thompson and Evans are absolutely gone.

Bad luck BJ.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
Have no idea how her old man helped anyway. Wasnt he into storage? Something tells me she did journalism at university.
Ian Wilson ex Richmond president
correct...once more it would seem plugga just proved he has nfi..... :wink:

Your fascination of me for someone on your foe list is amazing. I may be single but im not your type. I am happy and dont swear and understand footy. All things foreign to you.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:See Caro go nuts tonight on footy classified?
Bombers are toast. Even Lloydy agreed. Im now almost certain - as in 90% sure - the Bombers are the page 17 team.

Bad luck BJ.

Evans and Hird wont go. Robson will go and maybe Thompson. Hopefully Watson didnt take anything illegal and keeps the brownlow. There big hope is you do go early Con.
And Caro is ok. Dont see the point of getting upset with someone you obviouisly wouldnt read if you dislike her that much.

spert
Saintsational Legend

I just think referring to a woman as a slag on this forum is very poor and I expect the moderators to keep an eye on standards- over to you moderators

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

I dont know why Caro continues on Footy Classified with the treatment she gets from her compatriots. Gary Lyon jumps all over her every night, when she dares to say something he disagrees with. I dont mind Caro. At least she has guts and does not back down to the bullying she receives.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:See Caro go nuts tonight on footy classified?

Bad luck BJ.
have you gone seven months early again or should i do some surfing and find some articles talking about this?
big f****** call here con lol

stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
stinger wrote:

How do you know the Fisher article wasn't justified?

Or is it because you are a Saints supporter that you consider it one of her sins?
..you can believe her if you want...an article filled with inuenndo and sly winks, but no source...me...i prefer to believe robbo and chips........at least robbo interviewed him before printing his article...

....who are richmond's main competitors for a bottom eight spot..???....essendon and saints.....do you think she's above trying to destabilise the opposition......????she's done it before......????...gutter snipe imhfo..... :roll: :roll:

Richter
SS Life Member

I personally don't like the comments about Caro's gender and her looks... got nothing to do with anything about from the mindset of people who are making those comments. And I appreciate that often seems to have good sources, is opinionated and creates talking points. HOWEVER, what I don't like is how she clearly is so Richmond biased. It's my opinion that part of the reason that she has gone off at Swan and Fisher is because she expects that a certain Richmond young gun may end up in the soup and she wants to be able to defend him by pointing out those two and hoping that any sanction on the Richmond player is diluted.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:I personally don't like the comments about Caro's gender and her looks... got nothing to do with anything about from the mindset of people who are making those comments. And I appreciate that often seems to have good sources, is opinionated and creates talking points. HOWEVER, what I don't like is how she clearly is so Richmond biased. It's my opinion that part of the reason that she has gone off at Swan and Fisher is because she expects that a certain Richmond young gun may end up in the soup and she wants to be able to defend him by pointing out those two and hoping that any sanction on the Richmond player is diluted.
makes sense to me...i was actually going to mention martin earlier and the lack of stories on him by caro...but then i thought i would be no better than her......

and for the record..she players the gender card most weeks....can't count the number of times she calls a club or organisation a"boys club"....
Last edited by stinger on Tue 12 Mar 2013 12:57pm, edited 1 time in total.