Kosi

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Re: Kosi

saintspremiers wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Sad negative post denigrating a guy who has given heaps. If he doesn't play again so be it but have some respect for the guy. If they have players gone past him great, no need to post all the hasn't been any good for years stuff. Maister will miss a couple of goals in round one and the usual suspects will be sharpening the knives for him.

Try reading it properly. By the way did you see the game yesterday? Thats 2 now from guys who have preconceived ideas. Pity they have no idea.
Well said plugger.

Only the blind and hopelessly ignorant can't see that Kosi is cooked.
What make you and Plugger such visionaries?

The fact that you are both self righteous.

It's amazing what an internet forum can do for the ego.

One doesn't need friends to come on here and be heard.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

magnifisaint wrote:It's amazing what an internet forum can do for the ego.

Does one need friends to be right?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:Sad negative post denigrating a guy who has given heaps. If he doesn't play again so be it but have some respect for the guy. If they have players gone past him great, no need to post all the hasn't been any good for years stuff. Maister will miss a couple of goals in round one and the usual suspects will be sharpening the knives for him.

Try reading it properly. By the way did you see the game yesterday? Thats 2 now from guys who have preconceived ideas. Pity they have no idea.

Try reading my post dick head. I'm saying there is no need to start a negative thread on a guy who is constantly bashed on here anyway. If he's no more than back up let him live out his days mentoring the kids that are taking over. He deserves respect despite a pretty lean season last year and an inglorious NAB series. He deserves to make his own call on when he retires.

Luckily everyone has already practiced using Beau as a whipping boy and Tom Lee was a write off until he kicked 4 behinds this week. Smart people on here. I rate both of them but don't feel the need to bag kosi at the first sign of promise from elsewhere.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:It's amazing what an internet forum can do for the ego.

Does one need friends to be right?
No, why do you ask?

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Try reading my post dick head. I'm saying there is no need to start a negative thread on a guy who is constantly bashed on here anyway. If he's no more than back up let him live out his days mentoring the kids that are taking over. He deserves respect despite a pretty lean season last year and an inglorious NAB series. He deserves to make his own call on when he retires.

Luckily everyone has already practiced using Beau as a whipping boy and Tom Lee was a write off until he kicked 4 behinds this week. Smart people on here. I rate both of them but don't feel the need to bag kosi at the first sign of promise from elsewhere.

Good stuff but you still need to read what i wrote not what you think I wrote. You are guilty of that in every post that I wrote that you dont like.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

We're certainly taking a lot from 30+ degree days...

It's not inconcievable that we didn't see the best outlay from everyone in the side given the ridiculous conditions they've played in.

Watching the highlights of the goals, I do like how at the least the structure came together personally....a lot of leading, making space, good cohesion from those who were forward.

saint-stu
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:

I was at the game, but my interpretation was he was very rusty (as was Roo but they are clearly at different levels).

Based on his age, he probably is nearing retirement, but I also don't get the need for this thread. Is it to feel like you were the first to call it?

Lets just wait and see how he goes with a few more games practise.

1ac46a38
gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Good stuff but you still need to read what i wrote not what you think I wrote. You are guilty of that in every post that I wrote that you dont like.

That must be in everything you write then. The whole thread smacks of someone standing around a 90 year old grand parent predicting they will die soon so you look like you are a visionary. He's getting towards the end of his career and he might be over taken but why do we need to discuss it again. Like a politician claiming asylum seekers mooch the system. You get lots on side but you let your own dignity slip by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:[

thank you for saying that...kosi has been a great servant of our proud club......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:

thank you for saying that...kosi has been a great servant of our proud club......
We don't need servants, we need top notch footballers who contribute week in week out, and year in year out.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
gringo
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
stinger wrote:

We don't need servants, we need top notch footballers who contribute week in week out, and year in year out.

We have a handful of those so do we f#$@ off the other 30 or so? It will be heaps cheaper.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote: Good stuff but you still need to read what i wrote not what you think I wrote. You are guilty of that in every post that I wrote that you dont like.

That must be in everything you write then. The whole thread smacks of someone standing around a 90 year old grand parent predicting they will die soon so you look like you are a visionary. He's getting towards the end of his career and he might be over taken but why do we need to discuss it again. Like a politician claiming asylum seekers mooch the system. You get lots on side but you let your own dignity slip by appealing to the lowest common denominator.

I hope when there is a negative post on some other player you jump on them but of course you wont. Still wish you would read it properly. I dont think one person except you thought it was a bad post even if they disagreed. Your on your own. I would think you know what that is like.

tony74
SS Hall of Fame

saintcrazy
Club Player

I still have faith in Kosi.yesterday was stinking hot, and pre season. C'mon... Great kick when it counts. Has proven it time and again.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

saintcrazy wrote:I still have faith in Kosi.yesterday was stinking hot, and pre season. C'mon... Great kick when it counts. Has proven it time and again.
I'm with crazy :)

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

I hope when there is a negative post on some other player you jump on them but of course you wont. Still wish you would read it properly. I dont think one person except you thought it was a bad post even if they disagreed. Your on your own. I would think you know what that is like.

Yup still Robin Hood to the Sheriff of Twattingham. If I think Bernard is negative I pull him up too and any of the others, don't take it personal. I'm not a big fan of dissing our players, once they leave they are fair game but I think it's good manners to back in your team just like your mates.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

So if true, unless Hickey is injured Kosi plays for Sandy.

I'm not saying Hickey is a superstar, but at 22 and probably improving vs 31 and sliding it's a no-brainer.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
saintcrazy wrote:I still have faith in Kosi.yesterday was stinking hot, and pre season. C'mon... Great kick when it counts. Has proven it time and again.
I'm seeing Crazy Horse twice this week!

maverick
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote: Good stuff but you still need to read what i wrote not what you think I wrote. You are guilty of that in every post that I wrote that you dont like.

Yup still Robin Hood to the Sheriff of Twattingham. If I think Bernard is negative I pull him up too and any of the others, don't take it personal. I'm not a big fan of dissing our players, once they leave they are fair game but I think it's good manners to back in your team just like your mates.
Good manners???
Kosi is playing very poorly and it is disrespectful to him to pander to it.
He will know it himself.
i don't see much bagging here.
For me, if he plays round 1, or much this year at all, we are not finishing higher than 12th.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Has to get it to kick it well

saint4life
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Has to get it to kick it well
Yep.

I'm not completely convinced Hickey can get it and then kick it well.

They will fight for that spot....

Pretty much going off everything we've heard this preseason.

Stanley is out of the equation, seen as one of the defensive six.

Roo and Beau are locks.

Kosi and Hickey battling it out for the third tall.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
Third tall? Don't we have five or six smalls?

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:
SainterK wrote:
Third tall? Don't we have five or six smalls?
Not convinced on that yet...

Does Scott even know his preferred setup?

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

Let him play a few. we have have one of the best starts to the year out of all clubs. GC, Rich and GWS. we should be 3-0. that gives him the chance to take a few big grabs and kick a few. If he does, hopefully it will help him mentally and physically. Reason i say physically is because from what ive seen of him in the NAB i think a brick wall could move faster.
And if he plays in these games and does little, well sorry theres no more defending him. more than enough chances.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

saintdooley wrote:Let him play a few. we have have one of the best starts to the year out of all clubs. GC, Rich and GWS. we should be 3-0.
You don't think Richmond are going to be any good this year? Pre-season form means nothing, but they did just beat the Hawks. I reckon they might be a bit better than you expect.