caro

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

seano1
Club Player

caro

How is this bird getting away with it.....how does she come out 2 days before the melbourne penality is handed down with exactly what that was ? how is she supposed to know who is taking what when and writes about it........so who is leaking stuff to her from the afl..that would be more of a problem for the afl to sort out i would think .

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Re: caro

seano1 wrote:How is this bird getting away with it.....how does she come out 2 days before the melbourne penality is handed down with exactly what that was ? how is she supposed to know who is taking what when and writes about it........so who is leaking stuff to her from the afl..that would be more of a problem for the afl to sort out i would think .
You're assuming the AFL don't want that stuff published.

mr six o'clock
Saintsational Legend

She's been the best ball polisher in the afl for thirty years !

In red white and black from 73
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Well someone has to act as the AFL's mouthpiece in the media. With Mike Sheahan gone, there is a bigger gap in the market than ever before. That two-faced slag is the perfect double agent. Morals of an alley cat.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Apologies to all the alley cats out there.

spert
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Well someone has to act as the AFL's mouthpiece in the media. With Mike Sheahan gone, there is a bigger gap in the market than ever before. That two-faced slag is the perfect double agent. Morals of an alley cat.
Pretty low way to talk about a woman even though you might not like what she publishes mate.

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Yes. How would you know what her morals are like? Met her, have you.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
White Winmar wrote:Well someone has to act as the AFL's mouthpiece in the media. With Mike Sheahan gone, there is a bigger gap in the market than ever before. That two-faced slag is the perfect double agent. Morals of an alley cat.
Pretty low way to talk about a woman even though you might not like what she publishes mate.

i agree with ww..... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Yes. How would you know what her morals are like? Met her, have you.

journos and morals are strangers,it would seem...no-one with morals would print that rubbish about chips without some proof...and even then... :roll: :roll:

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

borderbarry wrote:Yes. How would you know what her morals are like? Met her, have you.
I have, as a matter of fact. I had mutual friends/acquaintances for some time. I had plenty of opportunities to interact with her. One of the most thoroughly unpleasant people I've ever had the misfortune to meet. And that's really saying something, as due to the nature of my work, meeting unpleasant and dysfunctional people is an unavoidable occupational hazard.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Ive met her twice and she was fine both times. She may be a shocker or she may be a great person. I dont usually judge people on meeting them twice. I certainly dont have a problem with most things she writes and i would think a lawyer talking about morals is a bit far fetched.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:
Check with her colleagues. I was being generous. When you've been on the wrong end of one of her speculative pieces, with no other supporting evidence than her made up "thourtheth", you'll understand what I'm on about. Nasty piece of work, even for a journo.

Moods
Saintsational Legend

It's amusing that everyone hates her - yet everyone still reads her articles. She polarises ppl because she rarely writes puff pieces. I think she can get up on her high horse a bit, but most times she is spot on the money with her info. The funny thing is the OP is bagging her for being so accurate. How can that be a criticism? Who cares how she's getting her info. If she's getting it and it's correct. What's it matter? If her article earlier in the summer made Fish pull his head in and train a bit harder, what's the harm? I highly doubt she just pulled a couple of names out of thin air in Fisher and Swan and decided to write an article on both of them.

I wonder if ppl would hate her so much if she was a bloke. I mean they would still hate her, but would the vitriol be so vicious? I often wonder the same about politics. Ppl hate Gillard almost in a maniacal way, like 'how can we let a woman do this to us?'

Look she does sometimes appear as if she has an agenda, ie James Brayshaw, Eddie Maguire etc. Who else in her industry are prepared to criticise these people though? Robbo and these blokes, it sometimes looks like a love-in. I'm always interested in what info she has gathered as it's usually accurate. I read her opinion pieces and agree with about half her opinions. If she was as terrible and as inaccurate as everyone bemoans, she wouldn't have a job, let alone be the Chief Footy writer for The Age.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

She only writes puff

Makes it up and dances round about "sources close to the club"

Utter cr@p but most know it I assume and find her purely comical reading nowadays surely?

“Yeah….nah””
hungry for a premiership
Club Player

It's a good thing that journo's are free to find things out and publish them. Can you imagine if all we ever read was exactly what the AFL wanted us to read? Making up stories as a journo and publishing them as fact, now, thats a low act, but has caro done this?

"Too big, too strong, too whatever."
Moods
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:She only writes puff

Utter cr@p but most know it I assume and find her purely comical reading nowadays surely?
Yep. I reckon Fairfax pay her about 1/2 mill because they reckon she's full of it :roll:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:
Teflon wrote:She only writes puff

Yep. I reckon Fairfax pay her about 1/2 mill because they reckon she's full of it :roll:
Yes, because telling the truth in a newspaper us far more important than selling papers???

Clueless?

“Yeah….nah””
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

my mates mum. nice lady, works very hard. very good at her job.

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Who cares?

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
bobmurray
Saintsational Legend

I don't mind Caro

I often wonder if she turns up for Footy Classified with a G String on, she might of given Hutchy a sneak peak.... just to throw him off his game....

:shock:

Six debutants for the Saints so far in Season 2024. :D
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: i would think a lawyer talking about morals is a bit far fetched.
I though white winmar was a psychologist? just curious or am i mistaken?

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:
plugger66 wrote: i would think a lawyer talking about morals is a bit far fetched.
I though white winmar was a psychologist? just curious or am i mistaken?
Might have been referring to the one who agreed with WW.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Moods wrote:It's amusing that everyone hates her - yet everyone still reads her articles. She polarises ppl because she rarely writes puff pieces. I think she can get up on her high horse a bit, but most times she is spot on the money with her info. The funny thing is the OP is bagging her for being so accurate. How can that be a criticism? Who cares how she's getting her info. If she's getting it and it's correct. What's it matter? If her article earlier in the summer made Fish pull his head in and train a bit harder, what's the harm?
..it was harmful to chips and his family for starters......if you can't see that....well, what more can i say......

her info was not correct anyway....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bobmurray wrote:I don't mind Caro

I often wonder if she turns up for Footy Classified with a G String on, she might of given Hutchy a sneak peak.... just to throw him off his game....

yuk...danger...danger....sick making images..... :twisted:

Wrote for Luck
Club Player

bobmurray wrote:I don't mind Caro

geeze that is horrible!

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches