To FB or not to FB

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Re: To FB or not to FB

saint6709 wrote:the problem is you can't fit 3 fwd ruckman into a team no matter how you do the maths and and key defender is hole in our list that needs to be filled
Correct. The addition of Hickey (and also Lee) to the list is going to make it harder for Rhys.

It's worth a try to see if he can play down back, As others have said, we've little to lose in a practice game

St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

SaintPav wrote:
dragit wrote:
BigMart wrote: Fraser played FB out of necessity
bingo… & so may rhys

b.t.w why is it again that you don't click that little quote button when you are directly answering them?
Not having a go, just curious as it can make things more difficult.
I'm with you. I find it annoying.
+1 over here too. Yes, very annoying...

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:I hate quoting! Don't see the need?!

It makes replies ridiculously long and scrolling through pages of crap to see short responses is absurd. I think it's unnecessary and should be eliminated. Just MO....

People IMO are smart enough to work out when a reply or comment is in relation to there question or post...

P66 pulls me up on this one a bit, he's not smart enough to work much out I suppose.... And that also is a reason I continue to refuse to quote (particularly replying to his commentary)

You cant stop with the personal comments. You would think if I am pulling you up on it then I realise who you are replying. to. You get that dont you? Obviously not.And that last line is lie because you just said you dont use the quote button for another reason and it has nothing to do with my commentary unless in one reply you forgot what you said initially. Id get checked out for alzheimer's. And yes this is a personal reply to you after you mentioned my name and attacked me personally for no reason. Why dont you be a little bit of a man and attack the comments first and not the poster.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
BigMart wrote:I hate quoting! Don't see the need?!

It makes replies ridiculously long and scrolling through pages of crap to see short responses is absurd. I think it's unnecessary and should be eliminated. Just MO....

People IMO are smart enough to work out when a reply or comment is in relation to there question or post...

P66 pulls me up on this one a bit, he's not smart enough to work much out I suppose.... And that also is a reason I continue to refuse to quote (particularly replying to his commentary)

You cant stop with the personal comments. You would think if I am pulling you up on it then I realise who you are replying. to. You get that dont you? Obviously not.And that last line is lie because you just said you dont use the quote button for another reason and it has nothing to do with my commentary unless in one reply you forgot what you said initially. Id get checked out for alzheimer's. And yes this is a personal reply to you after you mentioned my name and attacked me personally for no reason. Why dont you be a little bit of a man and attack the comments first and not the poster.

I can't be bothered reading this whole thread from the start but is it about bm and p66?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

No it wasnt at all. Read it. Its a good read.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

I think he would be worth a try- Stanley that is. He could definitely play the same role as Dawson. A close checking long armed type to combat the athletic type forwards like Buddy. He may still struggle on cloke style muscle bound types in man on man contest of strength though which is still our biggest weakness there.

He is still better at this stage not to have to run too much as he seems a little injury prone still. I just remember his hammy popping chasing Natanui.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

You having a whinge about getting personal, that's a laugh.....

Continued (ridiculous) barbs about having no friends
Mentioned my wife in a derogatory fashion 12 months ago
Had numerous cracks about me being a teacher...
Silly Comments about wanting to 'be' with me
Bringing up the fact Attilla Siposs had a go at me.... Like its significant
Stalk my posts

Personal Jibes are your MO.....

When you sledge, you get sledged back.... That's what happens!!!

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:You having a whinge about getting personal, that's a laugh.....

Continued (ridiculous) barbs about having no friends
Mentioned my wife in a derogatory fashion 12 months ago
Had numerous cracks about me being a teacher...
Silly Comments about wanting to 'be' with me
Bringing up the fact Attilla Siposs had a go at me.... Like its significant
Stalk my posts

Personal Jibes are your MO.....

When you sledge, you get sledged back.... That's what happens!!!
I can handle the sledging from you and considering the amount of cricket and footy you played yours is pretty ordinary. And pot kettle black about the personal stuff. How many times do you mention me separating from my wife. And sometimes you say it with out saying it which is gutless which again surprises me for the amount of footy and cricked you said you played. And the personal stuff with me starts when I get attacked and then I go for it as you suggested you do. The difference is I have the guts to quote you but you are again gutless and write a post knowing that I am the only one who will get it. Strange and very gutless IMO of course.

i wrote a post about 4 days ago suggesting we only attack each others comments and not the poster but you either didnt read it or didnt care because you have kept going which im sure is boring everyone shitless. Why dont we make an effort and that is both of us. And when did I sledge you on this thread before you personally attacked me.
Last edited by plugger66 on Sun 03 Mar 2013 11:26am, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

ffs
does every thread have to turn into a love fight with u two at the helm?

time to ruin what seemed to be a good debate, seeing as the two clowns who cant ignore each other have already started f****** it in the ass

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

BigMart wrote:Give some credit to
Simpkin 191, Fisher 192, Gwilt 188, Dempster 191, Gilbert 194,Siposs 190
None of which are monsters, but better tall defenders than a Ruckman with 20 games experience.
Siposs a tall defender? He's played most of his senior games as a forward, about three as a running half-back and zero as a tall defender. And he was a full forward as a junior. Not sure how he could be considered a better tall defender than anyone.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote: I can't be bothered reading this whole thread from the start but is it about bm and p66?
I first thought it was about Facebook, then reading page two discivered it was about quoting.

Barry Hall was inspirational as a Fullback.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Did you really post that.... Seems odd, coming from the main culprit....

You play devils advocate 95% of the time.... That's fine, you're argumentative (and we won't even discuss the tone and manner in which you do) however, you get very nasty and personal indeed when opposed. which is why you are much loved here...

I too have many detractors.... But a lot of that is to do with me upsetting loyal supporters and questioning the club. Often in a controversial way...
You are an apologist, yet are even more unpopular than me, wonder why?!

BTW.... My cracks at you about your ex. Stems from two things
Firstly
You feel it ok to broadcast my social standing without ever laying eyes on me, knowing anyone who has ever met me and attempt to discredit or ridicule me, generally when you're losing an argument.
Secondly, you posted something about my wife, quite a while ago.... Out of bounds, so if we play that game, ok... My reply will be to respond in kind...

Sledging
I was an OK cricketer, happy with what I got out myself until injury, and have had some influences on players I have coached. What I was known for most of all though (good or bad) was my sledging ability, in fact my reputation proceeded me... i wasnt as bad as umpires and opponent often say. However, I would do anything to win, and if it required applying mental pressure, so be it.....having white line does this. In retirement, I would rather be known for my runs, not my mouth.... But unfortunately my performance is outweighed by my personality.

One thing I did do though, which earned respect.... Was no matter what, when I walked out to open the batting (and I always took strike) I expected a barrage, copped a barrage and made sure I never sooked or whinged.... If you give it, be prepared to take it. It's that simple!

After 30000 posts, you decide on a set of standards you don't adhere to, to be considered.....
Surely you jest?!

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

BM and P66.

I know this is rancour between you both.

However this thread is being completely killed by your argument.

I am not trying to be hypocritical, i ahve been guilt in the past of doing the same, however surely these last few posts should be taken to PM.

You both can be abrasive in your posting styles (unlike my sweet and accommodating style :D ) but you both have worthwhile cntributions to make to this forum, you can have interesting and controversial things to say about football ingeneral and the Saints in particular.

Maybe time out is in order. Put each other on ignore for two weeks or something.

The SS experience is much sweeter without someone you think i a dill. I have stinger on ignore because he is an out and out F-WIT, and it is so much nicer not to read his unmittigated garbage.

Try it, and spare yourself (and the forum) jacked threads and angst.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

It's like Israel and Palestine in here, with joffaboy as mediator.
BigMart wrote:However, I would do anything to win, and if it required applying mental pressure, so be it.....having white line does this.
"White line fever" is a s*** excuse. If you can't control your aggression then say that, but don't pretend it's some sort of virtue.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:It's like Israel and Palestine in here, with joffaboy as mediator.
BigMart wrote:However, I would do anything to win, and if it required applying mental pressure, so be it.....having white line does this.
"White line fever" is a s*** excuse. If you can't control your aggression then say that, but don't pretend it's some sort of virtue.

I have no idea about BM but my dads jewish so I will be israel.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

joffaboy wrote:
gringo wrote: I can't be bothered reading this whole thread from the start but is it about bm and p66?
I first thought it was about Facebook, then reading page two discivered it was about quoting.

Barry Hall was inspirational as a Fullback.
I know i know
appearantly BM has mental pressure because of white lines
I think thats right, cant be bothered finding the quote

Seeya
dragit
Saintsational Legend

To FB it is.

Mitch35
Club Player

Yep, playing on Reid

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

Mitch35 wrote:Yep, playing on Reid
hmm not sure I have seen Roberton compete against him a few times now in the first quarter

Seeya
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Stanley on Reid
I like it

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
Mitch35 wrote:Yep, playing on Reid
hmm not sure I have seen Roberton compete against him a few times now in the first quarter
I think what is happening, Roberton has fullback
Stanley HB
Everitt and Reid rotating forwards

Seeya
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Scott wants him in the defensive six, not sure it's an experiment anymore

Mitch35
Club Player

Scott Watters Press Conference after NAB Rd.2 on Rhys Stanley playing back...

"Yeah he will, that won't preclude him from playing at the other end of the ground either, but at this stage, we'd like to settle him in the back six. Obviously we'd like to strengthen that area from a height point of view to be quite simple. He's got great characteristics of a defender: good speed, very good endurance and he's 200cms, there's not many of them around."

stinger
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:"It's like Israel and Palestine in here, with joffaboy as mediator."
...what a joke.......is the forum bully trying to mediate between steve and bm......????

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

i didn't know he was still here...i thought be must have been banned...if not..he should have been.... :twisted:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Ok well get used to the idea folks because Rhys is going to be playing Fullback.