Tom Hickey

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Tom Hickey

....now where is that really big "Like" button on Saintsational? :cool:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saint1974
Club Player

Re: Tom Hickey

Really like

Toy Saint
SS Hall of Fame

For the first time in my memory we appear to have TWO excellent young ruckman, who are also good around the ground. :D

Tom Lee looked a lot better in the second game.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

He looks the goods.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

I noticed he got really high at times, has a good leap on him.

paddy
Club Player

yeah, very exciting....

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Looks to have added a bit to his frame. I've said it before, I really rate this guy and believe he could become our No.1 ruck man sooner, rather than later.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

White Winmar wrote:Looks to have added a bit to his frame. I've said it before, I really rate this guy and believe he could become our No.1 ruck man sooner, rather than later.
I reckon he looked OK against Adelaide but at the same time McEvoy looked heaps better. Still a way to go for the madman.

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

White Winmar wrote:Looks to have added a bit to his frame. I've said it before, I really rate this guy and believe he could become our No.1 ruck man sooner, rather than later.
:D

ROLS-LEE
Club Player

ROLS-LEE wrote:
Remember i said it first

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

ROLS-LEE wrote:
ROLS-LEE wrote:
Remember i said it first
I'm going to indulge in a pathetic bit of one-upmanship here. I did go early on him in a couple of other threads. Forgive me, apart from this forum, I live a quiet, uneventful life. :D

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

When the Hickey deal went through I thought we had paid overs. I'm now starting to think it may have been a bargain. He's tall, has a good leap, good tap work, great hands and solid skills. Moves around the ground very well and gets involved in the play. It may be a bit premature, but he's showing all the signs of someone who could be a premier ruck of the competition in a few years time. Not sure he fits in the same team as McEvoy though.

Batnoe
Club Player

We needed another genuine ruckmen.

I think both of them will play together which leaves Stanley, Kosi etc closer to goal..

This can only help.

Carn Saints
Megamaguire
Club Player

Mad saint guy said...
When the Hickey deal went through I thought we had paid overs. I'm now starting to think it may have been a bargain. He's tall, has a good leap, good tap work, great hands and solid skills. Moves around the ground very well and gets involved in the play. It may be a bit premature, but he's showing all the signs of someone who could be a premier ruck of the competition in a few years time. Not sure he fits in the same team as McEvoy though.

Yes Mad Saint Guy I can see why you're sounding so positive and excited reg: the ' bargain' that may well be Hickey. Adding the skills of great tap work/ a good leap (in the ruck position)/ solid skills/ a good mover around the ground as well as being keen to get involved in the play.

Although I saw zero footage - not a signed up foxteller I certainly am very hopeful (fingers getting stuckin the crossed position) that Hickey can just keep blossoming and excelling at the game-plan.
Those attributes are very encouraging for sure and with the big guy playing under his second grouping of AFL coaches he could be lapping up beautifully whatever Watters and co. are saying to him.
Personally I'm ready for a new cult figure at St. Kilda and Hickey could be the real thing! :D
I was also v.pleased to hear that Jimmy G. was showing signs that his best form may be returning after his recovery year of 2012. Fingers crossed again!

GO FOR IT HICKEY!
GO SAINTS!

The boy can play and we can build a defence around him that will have respect.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Batnoe wrote:We needed another genuine ruckmen.

I think both of them will play together which leaves Stanley, Kosi etc closer to goal..

This can only help.

Im not sure Kosi or Stanley can play if Hickey and Ben both play or if they do then beau wont play. I cant see how side fits them all in.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

This can only help.

Im not sure Kosi or Stanley can play if Hickey and Ben both play or if they do then beau wont play. I cant see how side fits them all in.
Who makes it in to your best 22 talls wise then?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

This can only help.

Who makes it in to your best 22 talls wise then?

Far to early to call but if done today it would be Beau, Rooy and hickey up forward and ben rucking which means Lee, Kosi and Stanley miss out.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Thanks for answering...

So you'd play 3 talls/3 smalls?

Not sold on Beau as yet.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:Thanks for answering...

Not sold on Beau as yet.

Me neither but he is ahead of Kosi, Stanley and Lee at the moment. Still 3 games to go. And I would play 4 smalls because you can have one on the bench so that would be Milne, Milera, Saad and Schneiderman.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Not sold on Beau as yet.

Me neither but he is ahead of Kosi, Stanley and Lee at the moment. Still 3 games to go. And I would play 4 smalls because you can have one on the bench so that would be Milne, Milera, Saad and Schneiderman.
You honestly picked that up from a praccy match, or you basing this on more than that?

I'd like to see Maister get a shot for sure, but not convinced he is ahead of anyone yet.

Stanley is in Scotts best 22, that is evident.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Not sold on Beau as yet.

You honestly picked that up from a praccy match, or you basing this on more than that?

I'd like to see Maister get a shot for sure, but not convinced he is ahead of anyone yet.

Stanley is in Scotts best 22, that is evident.

Well on 3 practice games. Stanley hasnt played yet and beau was nearly best in one and good in another. No good in the third but that was impossible for a forward. And whay is Stanley in the best 22 as far as Watters is concerned. I havent heard that.

SainterK
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:And whay is Stanley in the best 22 as far as Watters is concerned. I havent heard that.
Everything he has ever said about him indicates that...just the other day he talked about taking it easy with him and having him ready for Rd 1

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:
plugger66 wrote:And whay is Stanley in the best 22 as far as Watters is concerned. I havent heard that.
Everything he has ever said about him indicates that...just the other day he talked about taking it easy with him and having him ready for Rd 1

I think he would say that about any player in the mix for round one who isnt playing. He would want to perform in the practice matches.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

SainterK wrote:

must be wrong K
maybe scotty lied :twisted:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:
SainterK wrote:

must be wrong K
maybe scotty lied :twisted:

Thanks joffa. Strange person.