Shenton and Lever

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Austinnn
Club Player

Re: Shenton and Lever

When I say it's beautifully timed comedy, perhaps I'm over egging it. It's tiresome more than anything and one key reason why I'm not around much anymore. Not because of Plugger but all the frustration and insecurity he dredges up from others. Life really is too short. I'd rather read about football personally. Here's a tip that most of us learn when we're kids. If someone is being a pain in the arse, ignore them.

Just My Opinion
------------------------------------------------

You'll Never Walk Alone
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:When I say it's beautifully timed comedy, perhaps I'm over egging it. It's tiresome more than anything and one key reason why I'm not around much anymore. Not because of Plugger but all the frustration and insecurity he dredges up from others. Life really is too short. I'd rather read about football personally. Here's a tip that most of us learn when we're kids. If someone is being a pain in the arse, ignore them.

I like your posts. Please continue to post and just ignore me and the 3 or 4 that I have arguments with. Ok the 100 or 200 I have arguments with. Its all in good fun, well for me anyway and there is the occasional footy comment in amongst the other stuff.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Austinnn wrote:He was like this, then he goes like that… then they others are all like…
psychoanalysational!

borderbarry
Saintsational Legend

Maybe in 2014 Lever will be ready to take over the CHB position from Stanley, who can then return to the forward line.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

Back to the subject for a moment. Shenton seems to be coming from a long way back in the field. As a rookie, he has to get on the senior list first and I'd respectfully suggest that Tom Curren would be ahead of him in the queue, with Ferguson and Minchington right in the mix as well. As for Lever, refer to Dr. S's post quoting the Herald Sun article. I know it's a cliche, but I couldn't believe how far he slipped down in the draft. He's never going to be a ruckman and by the sounds of it, he doesn't want to be one. He's tall, athletic, quick and a good kick. What's not to like? All he needs is time to build his physique. I'm going early. He'll make it in a couple of years time. As for Shenton, who knows? It's still only February, but he seems to have improved. I doubt he'll go all the way, but in reality, it's anyone's guess at this stage.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
bungiton
SS Life Member

BigMart wrote:Some people are just unfunny

Humour just doesn't sit well with you, does it?!

So many witty posters like Bungiton have taken me to the cleaners!!
I miss them dearly when putting up with your rubbish and feeble attempts at humour....

Compared to them, you come off like a total knob. Just doesn't work does it?

Maybe it's you timing, maybe it the woeful delivery, or just maybe its the fact you are so detestable?!

You are first class dick head, stick to your strengths
Being an antagonistic prick....
Marto, I don't know about taking you to the cleaners, mate as ironic as it sounds I have missed your informed and passionate opinions regarding the Saints and footy in general. I do love shaking your chain but unlike your new try hard, mine comes from a foundation of respect. Keep up standing around second class footy matches and keeping us poor foreigners in the loop. Talking about loops perhaps I can organise a nice rope necklace for your new friend. :-)

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

I haven't seen Lever at all.

Could somebody tell me where they think his best position is and if he has a chance at seniors this year?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:I haven't seen Lever at all.

Could somebody tell me where they think his best position is and if he has a chance at seniors this year?
I saw him play a couple of times in U/18's. Good mover, clean hands, quick for his size. Didn't see him at all last year at VFL level. FWIW, I believe he is key position material, CHB probably, but could play forward. He does remind me of Rhys at the same stage. Similar types. Potentially a very good player. I think he will make it, but I'm biased and thought he had a certain "something" about him when I first saw I'm play. JB, I doubt we'll see him in the ones this year. He's got a way to go in terms of physical development, but when he gets his physique up to snuff, then I think we'll have a good'un.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!