The other pharmacist

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Scollop
Saintsational Legend

The other pharmacist

Before Stephen Dank came to prominence as the 'pharamacist', the only bloke I knew in the top level that was called by that name was John Worsfold...anyone recall that?

It was explained by most in the AFL media that he studied pharamcy in uni, so some in the media used to call Worsfold the 'pharamacist'...but was there more to that nickname than the public really knew???

Story today on afl.com with Darren Glass's comments; "Performance enhancing drugs have been a part of sport for a long time, but it does take away [from it]."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-07/e ... ot-cheated

He claims he'd be 'devastated' and it'd be a 'surprise' if they are being used at West Coast. Why the hell then does he say; Performance enhancing drugs have been a part of sport for a long time!!!!!

tweedaletomanning
Club Player

Re: The other pharmacist

Scollop wrote:Before Stephen Dank came to prominence as the 'pharamacist', the only bloke I knew in the top level that was called by that name was John Worsfold...anyone recall that?

It was explained by most in the AFL media that he studied pharamcy in uni, so some in the media used to call Worsfold the 'pharamacist'...but was there more to that nickname than the public really knew???

Story today on afl.com with Darren Glass's comments; "Performance enhancing drugs have been a part of sport for a long time, but it does take away [from it]."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-07/e ... ot-cheated

He claims he'd be 'devastated' and it'd be a 'surprise' if they are being used at West Coast. Why the hell then does he say; Performance enhancing drugs have been a part of sport for a long time!!!!!
Maybe he meant any sport,except for AFL.

Maybe he shouldn't have said anything

8856brother
Saintsational Legend

Woosha was a pharmacist I believe. Hence the nickname.

there was another one.....like to see the team photo of wce before mick got there and the 1st year he was there ..if i remember they went from skinny kids to huge guys in one pre season training

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pftt
on the bulk up gear for sure
everyone 'knew' it when they had that era....apparently

Vazelos
Club Player

Those with good memories will remember the 1991 Eagles to 1992 Eagles was like comparing boys to men. The change over that summer was staggering. They were all Supermen, absolutely huge ripped with muscles. We have discussed this for years and anyone who has worked out knows you just cant get that sort of muscle development in that short of time. Nothing would surprise me.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

matrix wrote:everyone 'knew' it when they had that era....apparently
How were the other clubs OK with it? Who lost those flags to them, Geelong, why didn't they make something of it at the time?

dragit
Saintsational Legend

What about the G-train, is he really a 'train'?, surely it wouldn't be fair to play against a train?

loris
Saintsational Legend

Now if I can recall correctly from a number of years ago one of the Wakelin twins was studying pharmacy when he was playing with the Saints.

Shock, Horror, perish the thought.

Let's hope the invetsigation doesn't go back too far, with our luck the Saints will be the only club to come of out of this mess not smelling like roses.

Was it the Wakelin who went to the Pies?????????????? Or was it the one who is at the Saints now? Is that one and the same Wakelin?

Apart from the numbers on their guernseys I couldn't tell them apart. Just knew they were delightful 'eye candy'.

So let's halt all this talk about pharmacy............... or the Saints will go down, down, faster than Coles specials!

matrix
Saintsational Legend

oh good lord

we're f***ed........

LOL

busso mick
Club Player

seano1 wrote:there was another one.....like to see the team photo of wce before mick got there and the 1st year he was there ..if i remember they went from skinny kids to huge guys in one pre season training
Matt Barber was the weights coach at West Coast at the time Mick took over. He has had a checkered history in regards to illicit substances.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/ ... 70193.html

stinger
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:Woosha was a pharmacist I believe. Hence the nickname.
yep...

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.