What we do know

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

What we do know

In 92-94 Matt Barber was S&C coach at the Eagles (Mick Malthouse is senior coach)
In 1996 legendary Australian sprinter Dean Copobianco tests positive to stanozolol - Dean is coached by Matt.

In 2000 Shane Woewodin wins a Brownlow medal after working with Shane Charter.
James Hird also works with Charter in 2004.

In 2010 the Pies under MM dominate the competition.
4 Pies players test on the borderline to a banned substance (believed to be raised hormone levels associated with HGH peptides) by ASADA after GF1. This result is statistically impossible in a 'clean' population.
Pies players complain about excessive testing - clearly ASADA know something and it is stated policy that testing is not 'random' but often information based and targeted.
Dane Swan - a player of average physical gifts - wins a Brownlow medal after dominating the competition. He also complains of being targeted by ASADA.
The Pies show significantly superior recovery to their opponent in the GF2 and win handsomely.

In 2006 after the cats miss the finals - in 2007 they hire the weapon - they go on to dominate the comp for 4 years. Mark 'bomber' thompson is senior coach.
In 2011 'bomber' moves to the Bombers where James Hird is Senior Coach. In 2012 he hires the weapon - we all know the rest of this story.

Join your own dots people.
Last edited by Con Gorozidis on Fri 08 Feb 2013 5:33pm, edited 3 times in total.

Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Re: What we do know

i suspect the Blues thought they employed a super-coach but have actually employed a super-cheat.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I think that ascribing Shane Woewodin's Brownlow to dubious sports science is taking it a bit far: unless somebody injected the umpires with something that caused them to exercise poor judgement in the awarding of points!!

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Dis Believer
Saintsational Legend
Location: The terraces at Moorabbin, in the pouring rain.......

meher baba wrote:I think that ascribing Shane Woewodin's Brownlow to dubious sports science is taking it a bit far: unless somebody injected the umpires with something that caused them to exercise poor judgement in the awarding of points!!
I don't think the umpires need to be injected to do that. Although I know a number of fans who have volunteered to give the umpires a lead injection on occasions.

The heavy metal artist formerly known as True Believer!
IF you look around the room and can't identify who the sucker is, then it's probably you!
cwrcyn
Saintsational Legend

They're not dots, they're bowling balls.

I've been of the same opinion for years. West Coast players, in one pre-season increased their body mass by at least 10%, while at the same time improving their endurance. Hmm..

In 2000, Essendon out-ran its opposition in every game and its players showed no signs of fatigue in any of their games, while their opponents were bent over, gasping for air. I went to some of their games that season with an Essendon supporter friend, and I can recall saying to him that surely it was impossible for there to be such a fitness difference between them and their opposition. It wasn't that Essendon were the greatest team ever - it was mostly about fitness. I can also recall pointing out individual players who did an incredible amount of running in those games and telling my friend that it just wasn't natural to that amount of running and not show ANY signs of fatigue or breathlessness. It was just incredible to watch.

The only other time I made that type of comment during a game was when we played West Coast a handful of years ago and Cousins and Kerr were doing incredible power running well above the capabilities of the other players on the field, including Robert Harvey and Chris Judd.

This crap has been going on for years. Malthouse, in my view has been in the right place at the right time a couple of times in that period.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Well Mick would come clean surely...we all know he is not a liar.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

The Fireman wrote:Well Mick would come clean surely...we all know he is not a liar.
yeah but...lol...

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Yaysaints
Club Player

Nobody has tested positive at all. This is all speculation. These peptides didn't help essendon much last season. They didn't make the eight. Was Sydney guilty last year ? Kings cross is in Sydney. There are drug addicts in kings cross. Connect the dots !
We really know stuff all at the moment conspiracy theorists.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

Con Gorozidis wrote:In 2000 Shane Woewodin wins a Brownlow medal after working with Shane Charter.
James Hird also works with Charter in 2004.
Who's this Charter guy? Where does he come in to the story?
Con Gorozidis wrote:In 2010 the Pies under MM dominate the competition.
In 2009 the Saints dominate the competition, having the fifth longest winning streak of any team ever. Were they on drugs?
Con Gorozidis wrote:4 Pies players test on the borderline to a banned substance (believed to be raised hormone levels associated with HGH peptides) by ASADA after GF1. This result is statistically impossible in a 'clean' population.
There's no such thing as "statistically impossible". Improbable is the word, and is there even any documented evidence of that?
Con Gorozidis wrote:Dane Swan - a player of average physical gifts - wins a Brownlow medal after dominating the competition.
Average physical gifts but very good endurance. Sounds exactly like Robert Harvey - was he on drugs?
Con Gorozidis wrote:In 2012 he hires the weapon - we all know the rest of this story.
Yeah, they go on to miss the finals. If Robinson had done exactly the same thing in the past then surely he would have been more successful? Seems pretty likely that there was a systematic program at Essendon this year, but if it had been the same program as at Geelong in 2007 - as per your implication - then wouldn't Geelong in 2007 have ended up with masses of soft tissue injuries?

Seems more likely that he was trying something different and that it didn't really work.

Con, your dots are interesting but there's a heap of water to go under the bridge before there's any proof of any links here.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Interestingly geelong had a similar year in 2006 to essendon's 2012, before they went on to completely blitz the comp in 07, maybe it takes awhile before you can see results... Maybe the bombers were about to unleash a dominant year in 2013???

Maybe lots of stuff?