St Thomo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

matrix
Saintsational Legend

Re: St Thomo

ffs they had a couple of cookies (apparently)
as much as i hate the filth its not really a prob is it

eating a cookie or smoking a J isnt really performance enhancing
lol

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:Ed made the players report their drug use to escape scrutiny meaning they could continue to play un punished. Shows to me he doesnt care about the drug policy at all as long his players get to play.

Where was that written? Never heard it or seen it. Would have thought if that actually happened it would be front page news. And dont worry Ed and Pert what complete control so that they know who is taken illicit drugs.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:Ed made the players report their drug use to escape scrutiny meaning they could continue to play un punished. Shows to me he doesnt care about the drug policy at all as long his players get to play.

Where was that written? Never heard it or seen it. Would have thought if that actually happened it would be front page news. And dont worry Ed and Pert what complete control so that they know who is taken illicit drugs.

Thats what I posted Ed made them report before they got busted. Of course Ed knows who is on the gear at his club I dont know why he lies about not.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Thats what I posted Ed made them report before they got busted. Of course Ed knows who is on the gear at his club I dont know why he lies about not.

So you are making it up. people lose all credibility just making sweeping statements with no facts to back them up. This a is a case in point. And why does Ed know who is on the gear? Does our president know if our players are on the gear? Another statement with no fact.

thejiggingsaint
Saintsational Legend

Whilst I'm not planning to commit hara-kiri any time soon over the allegations at Essendon, I'm a wee bit reluctant to start taking too much of a "holier than thou" stance about the case, as I think the big picture reveals a situation that affects BADLY the AFL code, and far from gloating about it happening to the Bombers, I feel pretty outraged at the AFL for their approach in dealing with the "big" clubs.

St Kilda forever 🔴⚪️⚫️ ( God help me)
CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

So you are making it up. people lose all credibility just making sweeping statements with no facts to back them up. This a is a case in point. And why does Ed know who is on the gear? Does our president know if our players are on the gear? Another statement with no fact.
How the f*** do you know what and who I know? What a stupid stupid post by you to think Eddie wouldnt know who is on the gear at his own club. :roll: :roll:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

How the f*** do you know what and who I know? What a stupid stupid post by you to think Eddie wouldnt know who is on the gear at his own club. :roll: :roll:

So you know Ed told them to report themselves but a huge story like that hasnt come out in the media. Like I said sweeping statements with no fact lose credibility. And does our president know who is on the gear at our club? Failed to answer that last time. Credibility zero. Please dont swear. Its naughty.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

So you know Ed told them to report themselves but a huge story like that hasnt come out in the media. Like I said sweeping statements with no fact lose credibility. And does our president know who is on the gear at our club? Failed to answer that last time. Credibility zero. Please dont swear. Its naughty.
I have been told first hand from a player at Collingwood this was the case and I really dont give a f*** that you dont believe me. And yes I do think our president would know if a player was taking drugs why wouldnt he.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

I have been told first hand from a player at Collingwood this was the case and I really dont give a f*** that you dont believe me. And yes I do think our president would know if a player was taking drugs why wouldnt he.

Because the doctor is the only person supposed to know. I was told by a mate who is a friend of a players mum that he decided to dob himslf in because his mother siad it was the right thing to do. looks like we are at an impasse. I will go with the media not picking up a story that would be huge.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

Good do what you like. How ridiculous to not think a president with the connections of Ed wouldnt know a player was out on the gear not to mention the general talk that happens inside a foot ball club. By the way perhaps you should read the paper today.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

'

He didnt make one player report so that story already has holes in it. Cant beleive the papers didnt pick up on this huge story.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Did our players know that our president.......um, never mind.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
markp
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote: Did our players know that our president.......um, never mind.
Ask St Tho... well, maybe don't.

Richter
SS Life Member

markp wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote: Did our players know that our president.......um, never mind.
Ask St Tho... well, maybe don't.
LOL...

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

Ed says he doesn't know. So there you have it, he definitely knows.

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

markp wrote:Fair enough, but could it not be reasonably suggested that AD oversaw and sanctioned a culture of bending rules to suit preferred outcomes, sweeping things under the carpet, and all round general expediency when it was deemed (by him) to be 'in the best interest of the game'?
I'm not sure there's heaps of evidence to support that, and even if there is then I'm not sure that one man could possibly be strong enough to be responsible for all of it.

Look, I'm all for responsibility being taken by the right parties, but couldn't you equally argue that Julia Gillard should go because she oversaw the continuation of a national culture borne of convicts which fostered and supported this supposedly toxic AFL culture?

I dunno, you might be right, just feels a bit of a long bow to try to pin this one directly on Demetriou.

SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

I remember when Sports Science just used to be called training services...it was old school but it worked...well sort of.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

"Fair enough, but could it not be reasonably suggested that AD oversaw and sanctioned a culture of bending rules to suit preferred outcomes, sweeping things under the carpet, and all round general expediency when it was deemed (by him) to be 'in the best interest of the game'?

A culture in which all are equal, but some are more equal than others? "

And there you have it folks.

If you don't wipe your date, it's only a matter of time until it comes back to bite you.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

CURLY wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Nick Riewoldt told him over dinner

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

SaintPav wrote:I remember when Sports Science just used to be called training services...it was old school but it worked...well sort of.
And back in those days they were also blamed for everything that went wrong. The more things change, the more they stay the same, etc.............

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
SainterK
Saintsational Legend

Lots of people thought GT was a bitter old cynic because of the contempt he had for both 'training services' and the AFL's integrity office....

Interesting.

rexy
SS Life Member

I think many problems can and should be pointed back at the AFL, the issue of tanking is a by product of an unfair fixture and a draft system that heavily favoured terrible performance! I also believe that the tribunal/MRP has been poorly handled by this administration!

Unlike many others though, I do not blame the AFL or AD for the issues surrounding either illicit or performance enhancing drugs!

Maybe this year?
rexy
SS Life Member

The AFL illicit drug policy is stronger and harder than that of any other sport I know, the AFL are testing constantly for NON performance enhancing drugs both in and out of competition, in most other other workplaces the only way you will get busted for this kind of activity is to turn up smashed or shoot up in your work toilets, this includes other sports codes! Most people's root cause of not liking the AFL illicit drug code is that the AFL have info they don't have and human nature is to be nosy!

The PED policy is controlled by ASADA and is in no way the AFLs to administer or execute, if clubs have got away with it it means that ASADA need to up their game!

Maybe this year?
rexy
SS Life Member

I also believe the AFL have made their own bed to lie in with any gambling or match fixing allegations they may find themselves caught up in, they have used these agencies to gain $ and then expected that no one will cross the boundaries, this is naive. I have no dramas with betting on sports but the betting agencies should IMO have no affiliation with the league or its clubs!

Maybe this year?
Reggie
Club Player

I’m Just a humble tradie but I would like to add a few rambling thought of my own regarding the possibility of a rampant drug “culture” especially at the bigger clubs.
The bigger AFL clubs love to use the term “culture” as some sort of positive affirmation as to their succuss and future success’ yet lambast smaller clubs with a so called sorry or poor cultural values But the cost of this belief is they view themselves as untouchable by either the AFL, AFLPA, Media etc thereby indulge themselves in salary cap rorting under the guise of third party play payments, sport science departments and possibly other questionable practices that push the envelope so to speak, all with the expectation that the AFL will do didly squat about it
This story on Essendon did not break this week I read somewhere but I can’t seem to find the article that elevated levels of peptides were detected and was made known last November. But this week with the Government report coming out and a rumour of Reimer s blowing the lid Essendon and the AFL had to do something to try and control the story hence the hasty press conference.
I this it’s also telling that Adrian Anderson resigned in December. Just maybe he knew something and wasn’t sticking around for the s..t to hit the fan. Clever rats and jumping ship spring to mind.
From a St Kilda perspective I think we should be OK to what may be coming the likes of Essendon, Collingwood and perhaps Geelong. We don’t have the budget nor feel safe enough that the AFL would protect us if caught indulging in these types of activities. If it were us and not Essendon our AFL licence would already have been revoked and an example been set.
If there is systemic cheating on a club level shown an severe example must be set no matter who they are but I doubt this will happen as we know this completion not about fairness or evenness.