Operation Gws

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: Operation Gws

lloyd21 wrote:Other clubs will chase 26-30yr olds Stkilda won't

Like Caddy?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No idea what being a Saints fan means. Im sure when BJ was drafted by us that people thought if he ever did leave us it would be for Carlton.

Think it means if he was given a preference he would play with a team he followed...???

Ain't rocket science champ ..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Didnt BJ have a choice to play at any club? Seems to some it all to hard to understand. Roll roll roll.

lloyd21
Club Player

Operation Gws

We like everyone knows had a crack at Caddy you can't get them all and he would have great.
They got .

Roberton for nothing.

They could have got Young they could have got Lynch they could have got Rivers or Mcintosh didn't because they don't fit the list build surely you can see it .At least we have Pelchen Bains Elshaugh recruiting this build , mistakes will be made however if they recruit consistently the way they have last 2 years long term they will be good shape.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

8856brother wrote:
MCG-Unit wrote:
3rd generation saint wrote:let's not forget their number one draft pick, both he and family massive Saint supporters, surely we could use that as an incentive to come to the club he and his family really loves.
Who's that Whitfield or Patton?
I think the general was, or maybe still is a Saints fan.

I know his sister and I asked her straight out if he would come home to the Saints and she said hopefully but wouldn't talk about it. Could be a good ambiguous answer.

I would look more at some of their spine who are still a little way off. Cameron will be a superstar, Mohr is an impressive mobile backman who will be fighting for a place with jakshe in a couple of years.

On Toby Green, he is the reincarnation of the young Ben Cousins, he will be elite soon as will bugg. I would be looking to raid them too.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Yes Patton, Greene, and Bugg will do.

I am sure we will get all three.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:We like everyone knows had a crack at Caddy you can't get them all and he would have great.
They got .

Roberton for nothing.

They could have got Young they could have got Lynch they could have got Rivers or Mcintosh didn't because they don't fit the list build surely you can see it .At least we have Pelchen Bains Elshaugh recruiting this build , mistakes will be made however if they recruit consistently the way they have last 2 years long term they will be good shape.

But you said we were in a great position to get young kids at GC and GWS because older players will be taken by other clubs. Caddy is young and from GC and as taken by another club. My point is we are no better position than any other club to get young guys and due to our aging list my actually be in a worse postion than some other clubs.

lloyd21
Club Player

: Operation Gws

Ok let's make it real simple 2 words. Salary cap

Young players that want to come home will offered more than most Vic clubs. Because they are stuck with Salary cap next year.
Geelong only got Caddy because of the priority pick Saints could not get both they tried .

Look at the Melbourne clubs.....Hawthorn will have pay overs to keep Buddy. Pies. Thomas. Bombers paying for Goddard
Blues afl have said Juddy's Visy $ must be included in Cap.. If for example Will Hoskin Elliott says I am not renewing my contract and refuses to be traded which is his right and does not nominate for draft he can nominate contract terms for preseason draft.
All older players at saints 2014 will be on low $ or gone. If you don't agree fine ,but me I am rapt in everything the club is doing

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: : Operation Gws

lloyd21 wrote:Ok let's make it real simple 2 words. Salary cap

Young players that want to come home will offered more than most Vic clubs. Because they are stuck with Salary cap next year.
Geelong only got Caddy because of the priority pick Saints could not get both they tried .

Look at the Melbourne clubs.....Hawthorn will have pay overs to keep Buddy. Pies. Thomas. Bombers paying for Goddard
Blues afl have said Juddy's Visy $ must be included in Cap.. If for example Will Hoskin Elliott says I am not renewing my contract and refuses to be traded which is his right and does not nominate for draft he can nominate contract terms for preseason draft.
All older players at saints 2014 will be on low $ or gone. If you don't agree fine ,but me I am rapt in everything the club is doing

Firstly if they nominate for the pre season draft then unless we finish bottom 3 or 4 then a good young player is likely to be gone by our pick so unless we are really poor this year then that way is out.

Then there is the trading but as you mentioned we missed out on Caddy because our pick wasnt good enough so again unless we finish in the bottom few we have as much hope as nearly everyone else in getting players. The problem we have is we cant trade because we dont really have tradable players. And yes I know the Swans got Tippett because of salary cap space so it is possible but I dont see why we are in a better position than many clubs.

I think like this year we may get one good player but it will get down to drafting which IMO is way ahead of improving our position ahead of trading.

lloyd21
Club Player

Operation Gws

Rapt the way the club is operating. End of story.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:Rapt the way the club is operating. End of story.

Im glad you are. I certainly have no issue with how the club is being run just pointing out that it isnt as easy as you think to get good nearly proven players from GWS and GC.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Yes Patton, Greene, and Bugg will do.

I am sure we will get all three.

We will probably get zero that's why i suggested looking at guys like Mohr- he's more likely to be tempted away for less dollars and suit needs. We should be able to draft in some mids to add to any of the ones we have that come on.

bergholt
Saintsational Legend

lloyd21 wrote:Roberton for nothing.
We got Charlie Gardiner for nothing as well! How'd he turn out? Maybe we need to wait until they do something - or not - before crowing about how cheap they were.

lloyd21
Club Player

Operation Gws

No one is crowing it is list management not paying overs for players Dempster vs Goddard.

Hence why club is going this way

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
lloyd21 wrote:Roberton for nothing.
We got Charlie Gardiner for nothing as well! How'd he turn out? Maybe we need to wait until they do something - or not - before crowing about how cheap they were.

yeah but we also got Dempster as the steak knives in the Schneider deal, so swings and roundabouts.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bergholt
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:yeah but we also got Dempster as the steak knives in the Schneider deal, so swings and roundabouts.
Sure, whatever. But I reiterate - there's no point talking about the price we got someone for until you know that they're actually good.

Middo
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Middo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:No idea what being a Saints fan means. Im sure when BJ was drafted by us that people thought if he ever did leave us it would be for Carlton.

Think it means if he was given a preference he would play with a team he followed...???

Ain't rocket science champ ..... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Didnt BJ have a choice to play at any club? Seems to some it all to hard to understand. Roll roll roll.

So Carlton made a play for BJ , or was salary cap an issue ..? :?

Jack Newnes happy to be a Saint !!!! PS and to hit a target !!!