Buddy contract talks on hold until end 2013

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ozrulestrace
SS Hall of Fame

Re: Buddy contract talks on hold until end 2013

He's gone-don't when, don't know where, but he's gone.

I had the greatest of pleasure of telling a smart alec Hawthorn supporter "So losing the Grand Final still hurts? Well, welcome to my world." and I threw in the comments Franklin lost them that Grand Final because he was lazy with his kicking and thought he could win it by kicking goals out of his backside and he didn't.

Now I can add "So you've got twelve months to find out where the big log is going? Well, welcome to our world at St Kilda, but you might as well save your breath, he's going where the money is"

He is gorne....

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

ozrulestrace wrote:He's gone-don't when, don't know where, but he's gone.

I had the greatest of pleasure of telling a smart alec Hawthorn supporter "So losing the Grand Final still hurts? Well, welcome to my world." and I threw in the comments Franklin lost them that Grand Final because he was lazy with his kicking and thought he could win it by kicking goals out of his backside and he didn't.

Now I can add "So you've got twelve months to find out where the big log is going? Well, welcome to our world at St Kilda, but you might as well save your breath, he's going where the money is"

He is gorne....

Did he come back with the obvious we won only 4 years ago. He should have. I can never understand our supporters having a go at any club apart from maybe Melbourne and the Dogs.

Megsie
Club Player

23 weeks of hawks supporters in "meltdown"loving it already.

matrix
Saintsational Legend

pfft
pass

too much baggage

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

bergholt wrote:
bigcarl wrote:Possibly cost Hawthorn the flag last year. Seven kicks at goal for 3.4.

Lockett would have kicked 6.1 or even 7 straight, particularly in a Grand Final.
I seem to remember Lockett missing a set shot from the goal square in 1991, playing our first final for fifteen years. He kicked 9.5 that day, if he'd kicked 10.4 I reckon we would have won the game.
In the 1996 Grand Final for Sydney ... his only Grand Final ... Lockett had 8 kicks for 6.1.

Just pointing out that Franklin is a poor kick for goal, particularly by Lockett's standards. It lets him down badly and certainly came back to bite him last year when it counted.

As I said, otherwise he is a wonderful player.
Last edited by bigcarl on Sat 02 Feb 2013 11:39pm, edited 2 times in total.

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
ozrulestrace wrote:He's gone-don't when, don't know where, but he's gone.

He is gorne....

Did he come back with the obvious we won only 4 years ago. He should have. I can never understand our supporters having a go at any club apart from maybe Melbourne and the Dogs.
Agreed.

He'd obviously love to stay at Hawthorn. Whether he does or not he probably wouldn't know at the moment

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
Con Gorozidis
Saintsational Legend

Freo will throw the kitchen sink at him and he can always say he went back for family reasons.
Notba snowballs chance in hell he would come to the saints and i seriously doubt we could afford him.
Also goes against our pay structure.
Hopefully this time next year we are very happy with lee and white as our emerging key fwds.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

The AFL will push for him to get to one of the start up franchises though. They helped to push for both Hall and lockett to Sydney because one marquee player can make a massive difference in an emerging market. Guys like Franklin are known outside our code so would make a difference to attendances. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a massive salary exemption to "promote the code" in GWS.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:The AFL will push for him to get to one of the start up franchises though. They helped to push for both Hall and lockett to Sydney because one marquee player can make a massive difference in an emerging market. Guys like Franklin are known outside our code so would make a difference to attendances. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a massive salary exemption to "promote the code" in GWS.

Exactly like Tippett did.

saintly
Saintsational Legend

Will we have the same problem with Dal? Nothing has been said or talked about as yet.

CURLY
Saintsational Legend

saintly wrote:Will we have the same problem with Dal? Nothing has been said or talked about as yet.

If Dal decides to leave thats fair enough he has been a wonderful servant and given everything he could for ten years. Dal unlike Ball has taken everything thrown his way without sulking.

NO IFS OR BUTS HARVS IS KING OF THE AFL
Wrote for Luck
Club Player

just got rid of one sook, don't need another

Pills 'n' Thrills and Heartaches
SaintPav
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:Possibly cost Hawthorn the flag last year. Seven kicks at goal for 3.4.

Lockett would have kicked 6.1 or even 7 straight, particularly in a Grand Final.

He's a wonderful player but he has his flaws
I think he helped get the Hawks there in the first place as well as helping them get back into the game. Flawed logic.

Holder of unacceptable views and other thought crimes.
Rosco
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:The AFL will push for him to get to one of the start up franchises though. They helped to push for both Hall and lockett to Sydney because one marquee player can make a massive difference in an emerging market. Guys like Franklin are known outside our code so would make a difference to attendances. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a massive salary exemption to "promote the code" in GWS.

Buddy will probably end up at Sydney as well. They'll find a way.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

Rosco wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Buddy will probably end up at Sydney as well. They'll find a way.
Yeah they are really on struggle street up there trying to attract players with the cost of living etc. What a croc.

BigMart
Saintsational Legend

Sydney lost the GF in 1996 when plugg only had 8 kicks and Archer was the NS medallist for thwarting Sydney's eggs in one basket GP

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

Hawthorn must have poor training facilities