Farewell Games.

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

LENNY LEADS THE WAY
Club Player

Farewell Games.

Hello all.

I have many fond memories of saints greats playing in their farewell games.

what are some of ur greatest memories?

The game i always remember is big buckets Stewie Loewe paying in his last game at Etihad against the Dees.

Very vivid memories of big Stewie handing over the number 23 to Kosi.

So much hope and excitement for Kosi back then, shame injury ruined what may have been a amazing carrer.

Kosi for mine still had a good carrer just could have been better if not ruined by injury.

100 percent behind the saints 100 percent of the time
Viking3
Club Player

Re: Farewell Games.

Burkey- Getting his head split open against Richmond.
Spud - Getting a bunch of flowers at Western Oval.
Hamill - 2 weeks away.

Give me one flag & I'll go to my grave a happy man.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

i must say i did enjoy the way the guys like Loewe and Burkey handed the number over to Kosi and X ...

i remember the big G-Train's first farewell against the tigers the big bloke kicking 5 goals and handing his jumper to a girl in the crowd ... Andrew thompson also retired that day and after the crows ended any hope of us making the finals the day before by beating collingwood he was recalled into the side at the expence of Luke Ball (??) it was a great game Kosi G and Roo kicking goals and the tigers coming at us hard to take the lead in the third only for Roo and Gehrig to kick the sealers in the last mins of the game ...

Harves farewell was such a shame we put up such a poor effort as the Hawks destroyed us wasnt fitting for the old fella to go out that way .. but it was great to have the hawks to be part of the guard of honour as he walked off, much better than what the geelong bozo's did the week earlier hence why i was glad when hawthorn beat the bastards the next week

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
kosifantutti
Saintsational Legend

I'm a little disappointed we lost the farewell games for Peake (Port Adelaide), Polo (Collingwood) and Raph (North)

Macquarie Dictionary Word of the Year for 2023 "Kosi Lives"