Chips Frawley

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Devilhead
Saintsational Legend

Chips Frawley

All this talk about us snaring Chips Frawley in the trade period at the end of next year .... except Frawley will have another year (2014) to run in his contract with Melbourne.

It's another Brown scenario - no doubt like West Coast ... Melbourne's asking price for Frawley will be exorbitant (ie: 1st and 2nd round draft pick and maybe more)

With Brown out of contract at the end of the year does anyone seriously believe that we will chase Frawley??

As far as I can see their has never been any substance to us wanting to trade for Frawley - in reality it has been just a few posters putting his name forward most likely because he is related to Spud

The Devil makes work for idle hands!!!
Ralphy
Saintsational Legend

Re: Chips Frawley

He would be exactly what we need in a full back well worth the coin.

AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I'm exceptionally confident that we did in fact have a big crack at Frawley, as I just stated in the Roberton thread, but that was probably our one and only chance to get him, since, as you said, he still has two years to go on his contract and by the time that expires we'll hopefully have someone else in place.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Tue 11 Dec 2012 7:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Just a rumour started on here with no substance at all and even though most thought he would be available at the end of next season you have shown how silly the rumour was when he isnt even available next year. Forget him. We have more hope of getting buddy.

Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I doubt we will even get Brown.

1 year is a long way away with more a chance of him staying west or another club.

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

I don't even think it was started as a rumour... i think someone just said we should enquire about him

MC Gusto
Saintsational Legend

We did talk to him and he showed a little but then made it clear he'd be a dee for 13

#1 Ryder fan
AnythingsPossibleSaints
SS Life Member

I was told by someone who very much knows these sorts of things about our club that we had a good crack at getting him and made Melbourne some genuine offers for him, then turned our attentions to Mitch Brown when it became clear that it wasn't going to happen. This was before trade week even started, which is probably why it didn't get much of a mention anywhere in the media.
Last edited by AnythingsPossibleSaints on Wed 12 Dec 2012 3:23pm, edited 1 time in total.

YOU GET WHAT YOU SETTLE FOR.
dragit
Saintsational Legend

You would think though that the same could be said for nearly every decent full back in the comp…

We would sound out their club regarding a trade… & get knocked back nearly every time.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

It was on radio and in the paper that he said he met with St Kilda. Was not just a rumour on here. I actually have a new guy we should target. Sam Reid- he was struggling with consistency as a forward and Tippett will hopefully make him feel aggrieved and s*** the Swans players on less money. If he's un-contracted at the end of the year we should offer a massive front end contract. Would be a better back than forward and is a marking gun.

dragit
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:It was on radio and in the paper that he said he met with St Kilda. Was not just a rumour on here. I actually have a new guy we should target. Sam Reid- he was struggling with consistency as a forward and Tippett will hopefully make him feel aggrieved and s*** the Swans players on less money. If he's un-contracted at the end of the year we should offer a massive front end contract. Would be a better back than forward and is a marking gun.
Maybe we could entice him with the low cost of living in Frankston… Poor old Sydney find it so hard to attract and hold onto talent, lucky they have their very own salary cap to keep everything "even". Thank god they were able to land Tippett with 900K PA, without giving away a single pick, talk about struggle street, poor bastards.

Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

dragit wrote:
gringo wrote:It was on radio and in the paper that he said he met with St Kilda. Was not just a rumour on here. I actually have a new guy we should target. Sam Reid- he was struggling with consistency as a forward and Tippett will hopefully make him feel aggrieved and s*** the Swans players on less money. If he's un-contracted at the end of the year we should offer a massive front end contract. Would be a better back than forward and is a marking gun.
Maybe we could entice him with the low cost of living in Frankston… Poor old Sydney find it so hard to attract and hold onto talent, lucky they have their very own salary cap to keep everything "even". Thank god they were able to land Tippett with 900K PA, without giving away a single pick, talk about struggle street, poor bastards.
Might be a long wait :(

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6224413245

"....In a major coup for the Swans, the club yesterday announced the centre half forward has signed a new deal to remain in Sydney until the end of 2017...."

magnifisaint
Saintsational Legend

Tippett is such a mercenary I truly hope he fails. All he can do is take a good mark and he is such a s*** kick. 70 k a game is such a slap in the face for all other AFL players. Shame on Shitney for offering that much.

Posting 20 years of holey crap!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Frawley never spoke to the Saints. We may have spoke to Melbourne about him along with probably 100 other players in the AFL. It was never a chance. it was a crap romour like about another 500 during trade week.

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Frawley never spoke to the Saints. We may have spoke to Melbourne about him along with probably 100 other players in the AFL. It was never a chance. it was a crap romour like about another 500 during trade week.

Do you hang out with spudly and Chip too? The paper should hang it's head in shame at the article they wrote if you have heard from the horses mouth that we didn't.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Frawley never spoke to the Saints. We may have spoke to Melbourne about him along with probably 100 other players in the AFL. It was never a chance. it was a crap romour like about another 500 during trade week.

Do you hang out with spudly and Chip too? The paper should hang it's head in shame at the article they wrote if you have heard from the horses mouth that we didn't.

Dont know either. Doubt i have ever spoken to either but did hear from one of Frawleys best mates that he was never leaving Melbourne so didnt speak to any club. Could be lying but dont see the reason for that. Are you actually saying everything reported in the paper at trade time is true? Tell me you are joking please just so i stop laughing.

By the way can you show us this article the paper wrote?

gringo
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Dont know either. Doubt i have ever spoken to either but did hear from one of Frawleys best mates that he was never leaving Melbourne so didnt speak to any club. Could be lying but dont see the reason for that. Are you actually saying everything reported in the paper at trade time is true? Tell me you are joking please just so i stop laughing.

Last time you went on and on about Frawley i posted it for you, seriously I'm not going to. Just go back through the posts yourself or google frawley st kilda.

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

gringo wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Last time you went on and on about Frawley i posted it for you, seriously I'm not going to. Just go back through the posts yourself or google frawley st kilda.

Did as you suggested. Got a comment on Sportal that the rumour is the Saints are into Frawley bigtime. They got the rumour from the rumour thread on Bigfooty. Looks like you were right all the time.

sunsaint
Saintsational Legend
Location: Queensland - Beautiful one day ... you know the rest

magnifisaint wrote:Tippett is such a mercenary I truly hope he fails. All he can do is take a good mark and he is such a s*** kick. 70 k a game is such a slap in the face for all other AFL players. Shame on Shitney for offering that much.
thats staggering given how you didnt sink the boot into goddard for being a mercenary, or you accept its ok for goddard to be a mercenary but not tippet walking for the money when the crows clearly understood he always wanted to leave
and why would you hope he fails, he's one of truly talented players emerging that you just love to watch

Seeya
gringo
Saintsational Legend

sunsaint wrote:
magnifisaint wrote:Tippett is such a mercenary I truly hope he fails. All he can do is take a good mark and he is such a s*** kick. 70 k a game is such a slap in the face for all other AFL players. Shame on Shitney for offering that much.
thats staggering given how you didnt sink the boot into goddard for being a mercenary, or you accept its ok for goddard to be a mercenary but not tippet walking for the money when the crows clearly understood he always wanted to leave
and why would you hope he fails, he's one of truly talented players emerging that you just love to watch

I can't like the guy either. Money hungry and treated his team mates and club like he was more important. His conduct doesn't make him an appealing person. I hope it all ends in tears so that a GF winning team isn't somehow able to find $1mill in the salary cap and is rewarded for it.

White Winmar
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
gringo wrote:

Papers can't write. I think it's the journalists that do the writing.

I started with nothing and I've got most of it left!
St Ick
SS Hall of Fame

gringo wrote:
sunsaint wrote:

I can't like the guy either. Money hungry and treated his team mates and club like he was more important. His conduct doesn't make him an appealing person. I hope it all ends in tears so that a GF winning team isn't somehow able to find $1mill in the salary cap and is rewarded for it.
Either way I'll be watching the Crows v Swans game with interest this year, I'm guessing Rutten or Jenkins will well and truly sort him out.

Strength through Loyalty
Go those mighty Sainters!!
Dr Spaceman
Saintsational Legend

Sign him up to SS and then we can ask him :wink:

saintsfreak
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:Just a rumour started on here with no substance at all and even though most thought he would be available at the end of next season you have shown how silly the rumour was when he isnt even available next year. Forget him. We have more hope of getting buddy.
Wrong again Plugger, you truly are clueless

The Freak
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsfreak wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Just a rumour started on here with no substance at all and even though most thought he would be available at the end of next season you have shown how silly the rumour was when he isnt even available next year. Forget him. We have more hope of getting buddy.
Wrong again Plugger, you truly are clueless

Coming from you that is actually a compliment. I dont know if you understand what wrong means but what I said is right. That is the opposite of wrong. You understand opposites. You are the opposite of smart.

One thing you are though is funny.